Sign in to follow this  
David Roch

Italian mesh !!

• Like 3

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Seems interesting, gonna try and fly near the mountains close to my city.

But then again, what i had with the default data was enough for me

Edited by Pastaiolo
  • Like 1

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

I think I have reached FlightSim Nirvana. This DEM + the Tree distance fix + VR is unbelievable. Cruising around here in a 230HP Cub is so real... I don't have words to describe this.

Microsoft-Flight-Simulator-1-2-2021-1-18

• Like 3

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

Italian Mesh !!

Sounds like a pudding.

Eaton Mess; raspberries, cream and marangue all bashed up (traditionally by a cricket bat made of willow) and served on a plate with a side of a large glass of Pimms.

I guess we're starting to see a lot of this sort of thing as old Devs flex their knuckles and try and sidle up to the fray - or should I say - the Free For All.

I'm not buying.

The Freeware Developer Community is something we envisaged right back when this was announced. We also talked about how there would be a lot of jumping on the band wagon by old stuff. Well, here it is. Totally unnecessary to enhance your Sim.

Classic case here.

Patience - the terrain will come. And it will be free. Stop drinking the Kool-Aid.

Edited by Will Fly For Cheese
  • Like 1

Some printscreens side by side would be great 

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 4090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 8K Samsung Q900A 65" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

I find the difference very remarkable. I flew in the southwest of Germany and the DEM still has an effect. And as already written in VR absolutely a dream.

Great hopefully more countries will be added.

59 minutes ago, kaosfere said:

Nice.   There's a 20m DEM for Finland, too:

https://flightsim.to/file/4285/dem-for-finland-20-meter-resolution

Now that is exciting news!

What exactly means 20m DEM ??

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 4090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 8K Samsung Q900A 65" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

21 minutes ago, Will Fly For Cheese said:

I'm not buying.

2 minutes ago, Will Fly For Cheese said:

So this is really a VR issue.

Are you on something right now?  😄

This is freeware, so there's nothing to buy.   And this isn't VR specific, @Alemanne82 just mentioned that it looks great in VR.

It looks like this is the github repo where the author is building the general tool for this, if anyone is interested in following it:  https://github.com/muumimorko/MSFS2020_CGLTools

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Sphynnx said:

What exactly means 20m DEM ??

DEM is "digital elevation model" -- a digital representation of the terrain.

20m just means that the resolution of the DEM is 20 meters; ie, each pixel covers 20m of the earth's surface.

• Like 2

Thank you so much for your reply, kaosfere

So, maybe in the future, would it be possible better than this? 

10M, for example?