Sign in to follow this  
simaddict

Has anyone tried The "Skypark" for MSFS?

37 minutes ago, Mengy said:

I really like the interface of Skypark but it's just so anemic compared to the free FSE (Flight Sim Economy).

Maybe after some time if they add a ton of depth and features to Skypark I'd consider it, but FSE just does the job so much better IMHO so I'll be sticking with it.

Excerpt from their Discord channel:

"...we've held back on strict rules and expenses, fundamental changes to game-play are important at this Early Access stage. We want to make sure everyone has a fun experience, as time goes by these things will solidify and we won't need to "nerf" things as much. Then we begin to introduce a little more purpose for the financials, etc."

I am really enjoying Skypark personally and expect it to get better as time goes on. There are auto updates to the program enhancing the "User" experience seemingly every time I open the app.

i913900KF (5.8GHz) | Case: Fractal PopAir RGB I MSI Z790-VC | MSI Gaming RTX 4070Ti Super 16GB | Kingston Fury Beast 32GB DDR5 | SOLIDIGM P41 Plus 2TB NVMe M.2 SSD | Samsung SSD 870 EVO 2TB | Thermalright Frozen Notte 240 MM Liquid Cooling | Samsung 41" Monitor 1920 x 1080 60Hz | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Logitech G Pro pedals | Tobii EyeTracker

Picked up Skypark last Sunday and will not fly without it. I agree with several of you that there needs to be more in the package, and I get the feeling that the devs are going to come through. For me, for 32 bucks, ~ two airport sceneries, definitely worth it for me. I’ve done some COVID vaccine deliveries that someone suggested they do on page 1, the Japan experience last night into a grass strip as I passed through Tokyo (really great flight!), and several ‘generic’ cargo flights. It’s been fun and that’s most important. The GUI is very sweet and I see the whole package only getting better over time. This past weeks update introduced “Tours” and the first one will take place in the updated UK scenery pack. How nice that they develop and allow us to immediately take advantage of new updates in the sim. So I’m optimistic. We’ll see what happens going forward but there is certainly a ton of potential with The Skypark.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, MediaHypeTrain said:

Does this have any passenger missions?

Not yet,  but it’s definitely coming shortly from what I understand. One mission I had to ferry a pilot, but it wasn’t a real pax mission. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NismoRR said:

Not yet,  but it’s definitely coming shortly from what I understand. One mission I had to ferry a pilot, but it wasn’t a real pax mission. 

Maybe I can pick your mind a little further.

Do you use this is combination with VATSIM?

My name is Steve and I prefer hand flying.

Co-Founder of Hype Performance Group, MFS 3rd Party Developers

Released Projects: HPG H135, HPG H145, HPG Hot Air Balloon

18 hours ago, MediaHypeTrain said:

Maybe I can pick your mind a little further.

Do you use this is combination with VATSIM?

No. I have yet to get involved with Vatsim. Someone with Vatsim experience could chime in but I don’t see why it wouldn’t work. You can find medium to long haul flights in Skypark, as well as multi leg flights that were recently introduced, so I don’t see any reason not to use Vatsim for ATC. 

Here is the discord link for The Skypark in case anyone wants to check it out. They are pretty active with a good group of guys.

https://discord.gg/rzr7WKW7

Edited by NismoRR

Only one thing is preventing me from buying it. What's the point in buying payware airports if you exclusively fly with Skypark? I don't have much time to fly and if I buy an addon I want to use it when I fly. Does Skypark somehow prefer addon airports or it doesn't make any difference? Would I be at the mercy of Skypark to see my payware airports or am I getting this random thing wrong?

EDIT: got my answer. It's all good!

Edited by Tomaz Drnovsek

Addon, default, it makes no difference. In fact chances are you can fly to and or from your addon airports. You can zoom to anywhere on the world map, choose an area and hit the search button and all the possible contracts by departure and arrival will be shown. Just choose the contract be it one or a multi-leg, your choice. It even suggests the type of aircraft to use for that particular contract, a lot of times more than one type. They are constantly updating the app and are starting to add tours, really trying to engage with the user. I like the fact that for example, I did a multi-leg contract in Columbia and went to airports I would probably never normally visit in the MSFS2020. Perfect compliment to enjoy MSFS2020, IMO.

i913900KF (5.8GHz) | Case: Fractal PopAir RGB I MSI Z790-VC | MSI Gaming RTX 4070Ti Super 16GB | Kingston Fury Beast 32GB DDR5 | SOLIDIGM P41 Plus 2TB NVMe M.2 SSD | Samsung SSD 870 EVO 2TB | Thermalright Frozen Notte 240 MM Liquid Cooling | Samsung 41" Monitor 1920 x 1080 60Hz | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Logitech G Pro pedals | Tobii EyeTracker

5 hours ago, TomCYYZ said:

Addon, default, it makes no difference.

It does make a difference to some extent:  Skypark doesn't read your local scenery library, it relies on a default database.   So if you end up adding fields that aren't in it you'll never get missions to them.   If you only ever fly to mundane places that's not a big deal, but if you like adding out of the way dirt strips and other curiosities to the sim it's something to keep in mind.

It's fun for a while but as the novelty wears off, I find myself not using it.  It does force you into lesser know airfields and that's great, but it just doesn't keep me wanting to use it.  The  interface is excellent as you would expect from anything Keven has designed.  All in all, it's a great utility, but I think I've moved beyond that after 20 years in simming.  Happy to support them though.  The simming community -  in general -  needs more of this type of innovation.

Edited by ErichB

On the contrary, I still never fly without it. The community is fun and the hops are awesome, particularly the multi-stop ones. Can't wait to see where they go with it!

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

2 minutes ago, kiwikat said:

On the contrary, I still never fly without it. The community is fun and the hops are awesome, particularly the multi-stop ones. Can't wait to see where they go with it!

Agreed, I am also interested in seeing what improvements they may have going forward.

On 2/25/2021 at 5:41 PM, TomCYYZ said:

Agreed, I am also interested in seeing what improvements they may have going forward.

Right - I wish they had a roadmap. I picked it up a few days ago and it is fun. I want less complexity but also a reason to fly. The Skypark does that for me. But, it is a little sparse in some features that I'd like to see such as more details on the map and why we make money. I know that it is "Early Access" and that is OK. But, it would be nice to see where they are going on the future.

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

Bought it almost when it was released but stopped using it a long time ago already. It's nice and I liked it at first but it seems nothing new is happening and I didn't feel like reinstalling it after a recent Windows 10 + MSFS reinstall. If you need suggestions for where to fly because you can't come up with airports on your own this might be nice, the interface is shiny and so on, but other than that it doesn't have much purpose. Reading your post it seems not much has happened during the last month... Feels like a waste of money now and it certainly will be that if the upcoming subscription part is needed for the really nice features. I will defenitely NOT take a sunscription for something like this. Wish I'd saved the money for the JF Arrow.

Do like the add-on the only downside, which I guess may change is no consideration for weight of the stuff you are taking.  So theoretically could run every mission with a 152.  Would add to the realism.