Sign in to follow this  
FilbertFlies

TUTORIAL: Working Title Cessna Citation CJ4 Complete Lesson

My longest and most ambitious video yet! I filmed a complete lesson under the expert instruction of Matt from Working Title.

The Cessna Citation CJ4 with the Working Title mod is an incredible plane. It's a joy to fly and, at the time of publishing, it's probably the most detailed and realistic aircraft in MSFS. It eats up the miles like the airliners but it allows you to fly into small airports and explore parts of the world that airliners just can't reach. If you haven't flown it yet, you absolutely should! And following along with this lesson is a great way to get started.

In this video, Working Title developer Matt teaches me how to fly the CJ4 as it's flown in the real world, over the course of a flight from London Luton to Inverness. Every step of the process is explained in detail, from turning on the power to shutting down the aircraft after parking up at the other end. FMC programming, autopilot operation, VNAV, ILS approaches and hand-flying techniques are all covered, and Matt also explains some of the many new features added in recent updates to the mod.

You should come away with everything you need to know to fly this fantastic aircraft from A to B and, hopefully, the enthusiasm to hop on board and give it a whirl!

Chapters:

PRE-DEPARTURE
00:00:00 - Introducing Matt & the Working Title CJ4 project
00:06:30 - Flight planning
00:07:50 - Powering up
00:08:42 - FMC initialisation
00:10:00 - Connecting ground power
00:11:35 - Importing a flight plan
00:15:33 - Adding departures & arrivals
00:23:03 - Dealing with discontinuities
00:24:58 - Performance settings
00:30:35 - Switching between hPa & inHG
00:31:16 - Built-in checklists & passenger briefings
00:35:00 - Starting the engines
00:38:27 - Setting takeoff trim & flaps
00:41:10 - Autopilot & yaw damper discussion

TAXI OUT, TAKEOFF, CLIMB & CRUISE
00:42:36 - Taxi out
00:45:49 - Before takeoff checklist
00:50:03 - Autopilot takeoff options
00:50:50 - Line up
00:52:05 - Takeoff autopilot setup
00:53:57 - Takeoff procedure briefing
00:54:58 - Takeoff
01:02:20 - Climb
01:13:53 - Cruise
01:19:51 - Cockpit lighting
01:22:00 - PFD & MFD features

DESCENT, APPROACH, LANDING, TAXI IN & SHUTDOWN
01:27:14 - Descent preparation
01:29:49 - Autopilot descent options (VS, VPATH etc.)
01:31:21 - VNAV descent - snowflakes & donuts
01:32:33 - ALTS vs ALTV
01:34:15 - ATC clearances & VNAV descents
01:35:58 - VNAV path smoothing
01:37:16 - Speed during descent
01:38:45 - Approach preparation
01:42:56 - ILS tuning, NAV-to-NAV transfer, pre-select navigation source
01:47:20 - Seatbelts & landing briefing
01:48:03 - Initial approach & approach performance setup
01:51:18 - Switching to intercept leg & intercepting final
01:55:50 - Final approach & landing
02:02:02 - Taxi in
02:04:25 - Parking & shutdown  

Links:

Working Title Discord: https://discord.gg/qXGq7auGaW

• Like 31
  • Upvote 10

spacer.png
filbertflies.comYouTube | Twitch

i7 13700k, GeForce RTX 3080Ti, 32GB RAM

Thanks for this Filbert, I haven’t ventured into the CJ4 yet with the Working title mod. Am sure I’ll be referring to this when I take it for a spin. 

• Like 1

Very nice. Thank you very much!

• Like 1

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

10 minutes ago, Carts85 said:

Thanks for this Filbert, I haven’t ventured into the CJ4 yet with the Working title mod. Am sure I’ll be referring to this when I take it for a spin. 

You must fly it immediately! 😉 It's a really fantastic plane - I'd flown it a little bit and really liked it before this lesson, but I came away feeling really enthused and wanting to fly nothing else to be honest!

• Like 2

spacer.png
filbertflies.comYouTube | Twitch

i7 13700k, GeForce RTX 3080Ti, 32GB RAM

24 minutes ago, mrfilbert said:

You must fly it immediately! 😉 It's a really fantastic plane - I'd flown it a little bit and really liked it before this lesson, but I came away feeling really enthused and wanting to fly nothing else to be honest!

I’ve been spending a lot of time in the amazing FBW 320, maybe now it’s time for a little change of scene 😊

• Like 1

Thanks so much for giving us the opportunity to work on this with you, @mrfilbert!   We hope folks find it very helpful.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mrfilbert said:

You must fly it immediately! 😉 It's a really fantastic plane

Been there, done that! And yes, it is fantastic, so much that I don't miss my "old" P3D addon planes for other reasons than variety. And having just switched over from the interesting - yet frustrating for me - thread on the 737MAX I came to think about donating. So to @MattNischan, @kaosfere or the other devs: Is there a way to donate? Because I would happily spend 20$ in supporting your efforts seeing others making a small fortune by slapping existing assets together.

Edited by Tom_L
  • Like 1

Gigabyte Aorus Z390Master, i9-9900k @ 5.1 Ghz all cores, RTX 2080, 32 GB RAM

Meh, Too long/Didn't watch.

kidding....went straight to my youtube watch later folder! Great stuff. Now, please unlock the doors!😁

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Tom_L said:

So to @MattNischan, @kaosfere or the other devs: Is there a way to donate? Because I would happily spend 20$ in supporting your efforts seeing others making a small fortune by slapping existing assets together.

That's very kind, thank you.   We've really not accepted any donations for what we do -- there's little cost to us other than our time, and that we give as a labor of love.  It's gratifying that folks want to donate, but my standard response is to take what you would have sent us and put it into a savings account instead.  It'll do you more good there long term. 🙂 

• Like 13

How do I find the flightplan in the MCU or else which I created in the worldmap. It is automatically imported in the a320 but I cannot find it in the CJ4. What am I missing?

Thanks so much

Bernd

5 minutes ago, kaosfere said:

other than our time

Well then, thanks again, especially for that!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, bjablonka8120 said:

How do I find the flightplan in the MCU or else which I created in the worldmap. It is automatically imported in the a320 but I cannot find it in the CJ4. What am I missing?

You need to import it the same as you would a SimBrief flight plan.   Go to the Route menu, then pick "FPLN RECALL (GAME)".    It's demonstrated here at 11m57s.

(That's a load from SimBrief, but it's in the same menu.)

Edited by kaosfere

2 hours ago, mrfilbert said:

My longest and most ambitious video yet!

I am not through yet, but I can already say that I'm impressed. I own the "airline2sim" tutorials for the Dash8 and consider them the "industry standard" (of the very small industry of flightsim aircraft tutorials), and you are on par. Knowing a bit of video editing I can tell how much effort went into this. Congratulations and thanks!

I've been wanting to have a go at learning the CJ4, and now with your video I just may do so! Thank you for taking the time and effort to make this! These tutorials will be valuable resources for the flight simming community!

• Like 1

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU