Sign in to follow this  
joe cooper

RWY and TAXI signs now billboards!

2 minutes ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

<Conspiracy Mode>

Microsoft are thinking of monetising the in game taxiway signs by selling the taxiway signs as billboard space to corporations.

</conspiracy mode>

That's cool!

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

2 minutes ago, jbdbow1970 said:

Meh?

LOL stole the words... whatever. I have worse things to complain about. Don't really care that much. 

It can easily be sorted, all they have to do is make the planet and everything on it three times more biggerer. 🤣

• Like 3

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Asobo has some kind of issue with size.

First trees now taxi signs. How about measuring the real thing and in the case of the trees take an average?! I mean they get so much right, but SIZE seems to be an issue.....

• Like 1

Most of what is said on the Internet may be the same thing they shovel on the regular basis at the local barn.

Maybe they think if they make everything in the sim BIGGER we won't notice the massive issues with the flight models, avionics, etc, because we will be too busy looking at the enormous 3D models.

• Upvote 1

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

3 minutes ago, Silicus said:

Asobo has some kind of issue with size.

First trees now taxi signs. How about measuring the real thing and in the case of the trees take an average?! I mean they get so much right, but SIZE seems to be an issue.....

You forgot the 4 storey buildings in remote farming villages in the Lapland mountains and the upper reaches of the Congo .

China as well, but that is sort of feasible given the way the CPC does things 😄

there were calls for bigger signs, now we have bigger signs! Yes, they look daft compared to the real thing but the problem, IMO, is that we have a 2D screen trying to show a 3D world and I just don't think the hardware, software and our eyes & brains are quite compatible enough. I'm sure real world pilots can make out most runway signs just fine, but in the sim it's not the easiest of things much of the time. 

Maybe Asobo just need to introduce sliders for trees, signage and buildings in the line of the runway threshold...😶

• Like 7

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

49 minutes ago, marsman2020 said:

There are actual US and international standards documents for the sizes of these things if they would just bother to look at a reference.

Why on earth would they do that?  It's not like this is an aviation sim?  Oh wait...

• Upvote 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

You could argue that the signs are an accessibility feature and should have a slider....but at the least read the reference and make them the right size by default.

Edited by marsman2020

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

I agree that they’re a bit too big in some cases, but at least the size system works now. Before, everything was automatically size 1 and that was a bug. Now they’re legible at least, which matters the most in my mind.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Steve Dra said:

This is at the new Heathrow....

Beyond ridiculous if you ask me....Not sure if its a setting....happening at all airports....folks who looked at the update before they pushed it somehow thought this was how big taxi signs were?  Who knows....but I just shake my head in disbelief at what gets put in these updates...

0P1kjl.jpg

Here is shot of my wing clipping it so you get a sense of how ridiculously big they are....not sure if I've ever been in a high-wing Cessna in real life that was in danger of clipping a taxiway sign with its....you know...HIGH WING! 🙄

tgJmgT.jpg

Yeah this is a little bit large (about 1.5 - 2x the normal size - should be approx 1/2 the tail height or slightly less than that). But again, it’s legible from an airline cockpit now and that matters!

• Like 1

• Like 4

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I think it's a new standard in airport signage to regulate the type of traffic for an airport...if your aircraft is smaller than the signage you shouldn't be at this airport!

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB