Sign in to follow this  
Dominique_K

Mesh : Hey Microsoft how long the charade will go on ?

2 hours ago, hjsmuc said:

unfinished project which is managed by an unorganized team

This is something you just pulled out of your hat, with zero evidence to back it up. 

Of course it's "unfinished". It's a massive undertaking and has been out 6 months. If I delete every game from my Steam account that was "unfinished" upon release, my Steam account would be empty. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

38 minutes ago, Nemo said:

Let's focus on mesh again. It's not only aboute spikes here and then and I agree it is much better now. It's about mountainous areas in general. Many detailed mountain shapes are missing and mountains (peaks) are way too rounded in many areas. So yes imo, a 3'rd party mesh addon is really missing. If MSFS does not improve world wide mesh by its own terms, then they should allow others to to so.

I agree. If they can't or don't want to bring on the level of mesh we are used to, they should help 3PD to do the job. What I understand is that the SDK doesn't allow that yet.

But let us be clear. This is not the best solution as it will bring an awful lot of anomalies (airports . Cf Prepar3D). The best solution is that they do the job themselves to adapt the scenery. Instead of giving us France and the Benelux I'd rather have a world mesh à la Pilot's. Sharp and clean.

On a side note, something weird  is that they obviously consider a good mesh as a second priority and in the same breath tell us about their Twin Earth project to be a platform for visual flight.  I see a slight contradiction here.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

18 hours ago, Biggles2010 said:

Many users enjoy MSFS, but that does not mean it's without annoying issues. Regarding spikes, I do not recall them being reported at launch. Weren't they one of the later improvements.

Bye the way, there is actually a world outside the USA. Believe it or not, Borneo and the upper Amazon really do exist.

I'm enjoying the msfs, sure it has its problems but non of them are show stoppers for me. There are more good things than bad so I deal with it. There are so many places to explore, places I've never thought of flying before in the other sims because of the scenery. I'll wait patiently for them to fix the bugs while enjoying the better part of the game 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hjsmuc said:

Me too, but I don't love it. Useless to continue here, as the number of fans massively outnumbers the ones which see it at as an unfinished project which is managed by an unorganized team. The majority is right, so keep on loving it. 

So let me get this straight, you are mad because some of us are actually enjoying the sim, unlike some of you Debbie downers? 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, devgrp said:

So let me get this straight, you are mad because some of us are actually enjoying the sim, unlike some of you Debbie downers? 

and the bashing of critics begins again ...

Edited by Nemo
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 3

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

45 minutes ago, Nemo said:

and the bashing of critics begins again ...

Or looking at it another way, " The bashing of the newest sim continues". 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

17 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Or looking at it another way, " The bashing of the newest sim continues". 

There's a difference of "bashing" forum members or a technical product.

Edited by Nemo
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 1

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

3 hours ago, Nyxx said:

.....So yer am very grateful to leave P3D/FSX behind because if  not for them I would be stuck with P3D.....

I passed the Airbus hangar the other day, and I can still hear the FSL A320 crying inside :sad:

Edited by Christopher Low
  • Like 2

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

3 hours ago, Dominique_K said:

On a side note, something weird  is that they obviously consider a good mesh as a second priority and in the same breath tell us about their Twin Earth project to be a platform for visual flight.  I see a slight contradiction here.

You are putting words into their mouth that contradict what Jörg said during the last Q&A.

He rightly agreed that the mesh is in desperate need of improvement and that they are working on it with the guys from Bing, with the goal of 

a) adding higher resolution DEM

b) changing the rendering engine to improve the way mesh is displayed.

It just needs time.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Farlis said:

You are putting words into their mouth that contradict what Jörg said during the last Q&A.

He rightly agreed that the mesh is in desperate need of improvement and that they are working on it with the guys from Bing, with the goal of 

a) adding higher resolution DEM

b) changing the rendering engine to improve the way mesh is displayed.

It just needs time.

Thanks I am happy to stand corrected. It is a new attitude , all we have seen and heard before was not exactly going that way. It is very welcome indeed.   

Now, define "time"  😁...

• Like 2

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

1 hour ago, Dominique_K said:

Now, define "time"  😁...

the indefinite continued progress of existence and events in the past, present, and future regarded as a whole. 🙂

Graham

• Like 1

System specs...   CPU AMD5950,  GPU AMD6900XT,  ROG crosshair VIII Hero motherboard, Corsair 64 gig LPX 3600 mem, Air cooling on GPU,   Kraken x pump cooling on CPU.  Samsung G7 curved 27" monitor at 2k resolution ULTRA default settings.

6 hours ago, Farlis said:

You have some gall to bring up Florida in a thread about Mesh.

my point is that there are LOTS of places to fly that look REALLY good so spend time in good looking places until the not so good places get better.

There are places I'd like to fly but they don't look great YET so why focus on the negative??

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

19 hours ago, bobcat999 said:

But this has nothing to do with the silly errors they keep introducing.  The pre-release testing is still not good enough.

They said the release date for the update was 'locked-in' and set for Tuesday - They put pressure on themselves.  They should set no more dates until they are happy with their testing.  I would rather wait longer for the updates than have these regressions creeping in.

I'll bet they're happy with their testing and they fully understand the reactions by people who expect something different.  They also know they have an incredible start and know it's already 'good enough' to keep people engaged.  What no one on this thread appreciates is what the inner planning circle prioritizes and why.  Clearly, any bunch of people who put together what they did is hardly a 'disorganized team' that doesn't know what they're doing.  We just don't understand the bigger picture. 

For me, the so-called 'annoyances' are just that--not worth the time of day as they absolutely will be addressed at some point.  What I'm missing is PMDG & FSCaptain.   It is those two addons that keep me spending more time now in P3D than MSFS.  Why?  As an anesthesiolist told me once, 'Doing anestheisia is alot like flying an airplane.  Preparation for TO, approach and landing is where all the challenge is.  Between those is a whole lot of boredom--the same holds true for anesthesia...'

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

8 minutes ago, sightseer said:

my point is that there are LOTS of places to fly that look REALLY good so spend time in good looking places until the not so good places get better.

There are places I'd like to fly but they don't look great YET so why focus on the negative??

If we don't report them then how will they get better. Surely we cannot expect Asobo to scan the entire planet themselves in a reasonable time frame?

Now is the best time to report such things, not when the simulator enters life support status. They will not keep development up at full steam forever.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

If we don't report them then how will they get better. Surely we cannot expect Asobo to scan the entire planet themselves in a reasonable time frame?

Now is the best time to report such things, not when the simulator enters life support status. They will not keep development up at full steam forever.

you DO report -- on the official forum with screenshot and location data....and THEN you move on with your life.  or you just keep passing the same spike again and again and letting it aggravate you -- your choice.  The key is to not let it aggravate you like the guy who is so bothered by the way distant islands come into view that the "sim is unflyable".  I don't get that mindset.

Has anyone considered how to create scenery that is steamed from online that is both perfect in the distance but yet allows for every single users scenery to be different due to addon airports or other scenery?

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.