Sign in to follow this  
Dominique_K

Mesh : Hey Microsoft how long the charade will go on ?

Well, the whole discussion in this thread kind of proves the point to me that many are more interested in listing the merits and or issues with this sim and spending time in here posting, than actually flying in it...!

I, for one, spend a lot more time in here reading posts, many of which go nowhere, just because MSFS isn't there for me yet and I don't have as much desire to fly in it than to constantly check this forum.

Hopefully, that changes soon for me with some study-level AC (PMDG) and some additional fixes of some of the remaining, outstanding, major issues that come from either ABOSO or via 3rd party developers.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Chris Camp

26 minutes ago, sightseer said:

you DO report -- on the official forum with screenshot and location data....and THEN you move on with your life.  or you just keep passing the same spike again and again and letting it aggravate you -- your choice.  The key is to not let it aggravate you like the guy who is so bothered by the way distant islands come into view that the "sim is unflyable".  I don't get that mindset.

Of course I do. But that does not mean I should remain silent about it and not discuss it with others who feel the same, especially when it's an issue that is taking long to fix. The mesh problems in question have existed for two-three months now, and seeing band-aid fixes is not very encouraging. The thread you are mentioning has helped me understand the extent of the issue depending on one's graphics settings, and of course that it is not something that only happens to me.

If anyone has to move on with their life, it's the people who feel the need to come into every thread that criticises the simulator, and then start insulting and mocking around. If they think the simulator is perfect for their needs, why do they waste so much time doing that instead of flying? Why do those threads take away from their enjoyment so much?

*sigh* It feels like I am making the same post over and over again.

• Like 8
  • Upvote 1

To all of the ones that try to belittle and shut down concerned MSFS customers in these threads, I sure would like you as a customer; you would be great to sell to - perfect customers - easy money!
If you sold products and services yourselves, there is no way I would buy from you though.  Quality standards wouldn't mean anything by the look of it.   :biggrin:

• Like 8
  • Upvote 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

2 hours ago, Noel said:

Clearly, any bunch of people who put together what they did is hardly a 'disorganized team' that doesn't know what they're doing.  We just don't understand the bigger picture. 

"There must be a magic golden release version of the sim that is better then this Alpha/Beta, there is no way they would release this!"

"If we just give them 6 months or so everything will be hammered into shape!" 

• Upvote 1

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

55 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

To all of the ones that try to belittle and shut down concerned MSFS customers in these threads, I sure would like you as a customer; you would be great to sell to - perfect customers - easy money!
If you sold products and services yourselves, there is no way I would buy from you though.  Quality standards wouldn't mean anything by the look of it.   :biggrin:

Do I think msfs is perfect? Absolutely not, but I always look at the good in something and make the best of it. I could be in here posting threads about the halo or any little thing out of place, but what is that going to achieve? Instead I'm enjoying the better parts of the game

Screw the charade going on, how long is a thread saying 'me no likey terrain spikes' gonna go on? 🤣

• Like 2

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

2 hours ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

it's the people who feel the need to come into every thread that criticises the simulator, and then start insulting and mocking around.

I'm having a hard time figuring out how me suggesting you search out the positive side of MSFS is 'insulting and mocking'.  What did I say that you feel is "insulting and mocking"?

I was just trying to help with my suggestion to fly in good looking areas and Im not sure you've noticed but the negativity in this forum greatly outweighs the positive and I know from personal experience that if you don't support what you like, those who create it will not continue to create it because they will only be hearing voices that point in OTHER directions.

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

33 minutes ago, sightseer said:

I know from personal experience that if you don't support what you like, those who create it will not continue to create it because they will only be hearing voices that point in OTHER directions.

Yes, we should just turn a blind eye to all of the crashes, bugs, server outages, broken promises, and missing features, because if we point out the flaws Microsoft might take their ball and go home.

So many people have Stockholm syndrome....

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

2 minutes ago, marsman2020 said:

Yes, we should just turn a blind eye to all of the crashes, bugs, server outages, broken promises, and missing features, because if we point out the flaws Microsoft might take their ball and go home.

What???!!!

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

37 minutes ago, sightseer said:

... I know from personal experience that if you don't support what you like, those who create it will not continue to create it because they will only be hearing voices that point in OTHER directions.

I supported MSFS with my wallet and I feel eligible to criticize things which I don't like.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

1 minute ago, Nemo said:

I supported MSFS with my wallet and I feel eligible to criticize things which I don't like.

who said you weren't?  not me.  I merely suggest you find positive things.

46 minutes ago, sightseer said:

I'm having a hard time figuring out how me suggesting you search out the positive side of MSFS is 'insulting and mocking'.  What did I say that you feel is "insulting and mocking"?

I was just trying to help with my suggestion to fly in good looking areas and Im not sure you've noticed but the negativity in this forum greatly outweighs the positive and I know from personal experience that if you don't support what you like, those who create it will not continue to create it because they will only be hearing voices that point in OTHER directions.

Sorry, I was not talking about you specifically. What I'm saying has been going on for quite some time, even more so lately, and usually it's the same people doing it all the time.

I appreciate your suggestion, and it is something I have tried to exercise, even if it becomes increasingly harder due to the scale of the problems. I was disagreeing with you when it came to moving on with our lives, when it is others who need to do so. The discussions around these issues have been insightful, the insults that follow are completely unnecessary.

Although it might appear I'm being mostly negative for the sake of complaining, I'm doing this only because I want to help make this simulator as good as it can be, especially now before pacing on the development slows down. Even though my sour experience with the way Asobo handled the issue with the flickering clouds made me not hesitate being critical when I think they're not doing something right, I have not stopped giving praise where it's due.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, marsman2020 said:

MSFS has not crashed on me, there was one server outage (which didn't affect me anyway, because the sim was already running when it happened), they didn't really promise me anything, they listed some features and then released it early so couldn't put them all in (disappointing yes, but I can understand the reasons behind it given the pressure the pandemic put on the working conditions for the release timetable they were contracted to adhere to). So the only thing the developers really haven't delivered to me which is genuinely disappointing and which was the thing touted which got me excited about MSFS, was the super-duper air mass modeling and super-duper flight model related to that, but as I understand it, that is in fact due to be in the sim in about a month or so in an update.

Thus the only truly annoying thing bug/patch-wise where I think Asobo deserved criticism, has been the avionics shutting down glitch, which occurred after an update and which they were far too slow to react to (and I did complain loudly about that one, because it was an appalling bit of customer support and they deserved a slating for that, which they got from me). 

So it's hardly a case of Stockholm Syndrome, as we're not being held hostage to anything really, we're free to use other sims whilst we await some fixes, or we can use MSFS. And in doing so, the glitches are hardly insurmountable barriers, for if they were I would not have managed to use Air Hauler 2 to get my virtual airline up to having 50 employees, a fleet of seven aeroplanes, three operational bases with a scheduled daily service operating a circuit around these, using MSFS to do all that.

This is not to deny that there are some issues, but the notion that they are really anything more than a bit annoying for the most part whilst we await them being addressed, as opposed to being deal-breakers, is to overstate things somewhat. I'm not saying I don't want what I payed for, but I'm pragmatic enough to understand why it's taking a while and thus able to keep the level it affects usage of the product to a reasonable perspective.

Moreover, if you know anything about the incident which coined the phrase Stockholm Syndrome, you will be aware that the reason why the hostages were supportive of the bank robbers carrying out the incident which led to the term, was because the police surrounding the bank where the hostages were being held, were notably slapdash in their duty of care toward the safety of the hostages. This led the hostages to side with the robbers who conversely, had treated them with a lot of consideration, which resulted in none of them being injured when the police assaulted the bank with tear gas (this apart from having taken them hostage in the first place of course). Thus if being critical of excessive criticism of Asobo bears any similarity to the actual Stockholm Syndrome incident, then as with that incident and the reasons which drove people to support an unlikely ally, this would surely make it a justified response, would it not?

Edited by Chock
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Chock, I'm getting sick to death of you talking sense. Give it a rest will you!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.