Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

Aerosoft CRJ being released on March 16th

I haven’t really got the time to learn how to fly it to be honest. And what do you do at altitude, stare at clouds and count the time down until approach? (Like in real life, I spend enough time in them, when not in a pandemic). 
I try and stick to GA. it’s involved, I just wish there were an A2A or like with wear and tear features. 

I’ll sit on the fence for this one and wait until the dust settles. If it turns out to be better than good, I might free up a few nights and learn how to use it. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Elvensmith said:

then on top of that for extra liveries.

Where did you see that they are charging for extra liveries or are you referring to the 900/1000 addon pack?

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

15 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

I haven’t really got the time to learn how to fly it to be honest.

Your comment speaks true for a lot of us simmers. After watching the Fly With Me videos I've realized that this aircraft isn't a Boeing or Airbus. It has a steep learning curve and it's very busy from the moment you step in until the moment you reach cruise, and even then without an autothrottle you're flying the cruise portions too.

This aircraft will be great for those people (like me lol) who love a challenge and get a reward out of accomplishments. It's also small enough to fit into a lot of small regional airports with beautiful MSFS scenery to boot.

This really should have been one of the Premium package release birds for the Sim itself.

Edited by WestAir
Spelling and grammar. Grammer? Gramm... English.
  • Like 6

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

34 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

I will follow with interest, but due to the age of my PC, the big jets don't do too well and I have lack of smoothness due to not being able to hold 30 fps.  I wonder how well the CRJ will do performance wise with all of its complexity.

A Mathijs Kok quote from the Aerosoft forum:

“Stefan just did some quick test. Now settings and hardware do not really play a role as it is the comparison that counts. 

• CRJ, fully loaded on runway: 45 FPS
  • Default Airbus, fully loaded on runway: 52 fps

Now I have the idea that internal memory is important. We have all 32 Gb or more. MFS loves memory.  But all in al, we are not afraid of the performance.”

• Like 1

Lawrence “Laurie” Doering

Latest video at The Flight Level Ten Minutes of the F-14 Tomcat and Supercarrier - Launch - Mission - Recovery | DCS World | 4K

3 minutes ago, Doering said:

Now I have the idea that internal memory is important. We have all 32 Gb or more. MFS loves memory.

Yep, I just had a look at my task manager, with MSFS, chrome with Netflix and a few smaller apps, I am already using 27GB

With all this hype, the insane amount of people that are anticipating it and with its affordable price (it's half price of that "expansion" you know 😏), how much will Aerosoft make out of it? 

I am definitely going to get it on the release day though 😄. I bet on 16.03, we will see both stores Aerosoft and MS marketplace going down 🤣

Edited by omarsmak30

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

39 minutes ago, regis9 said:

Where did you see that they are charging for extra liveries or are you referring to the 900/1000 addon pack?

Yes that's what I meant. Takes the whole pack to over £60 if the initial prices listed are indeed without VAT.

Regardless of how good it will be, there will certainly be pages and pages of complaints here on the forum. 
Even though I still expect a delay of the release (anyone remember the 7 year delay of the P3D version? 😂), it will be a day one purchase for me and I will enjoy it (regardless of some flaws that it will certainly have). 

• Like 4

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

6 hours ago, Manny said:

Since this is going to be the first study level airliner for MSFS, it would be worth spending/investing some time learning to fly the CRJ. 

Using the term "study level" and Aerosoft in the same breath is the biggest LOL I've had all day. Thank you

• Like 2

Eric 

13 minutes ago, B777ER said:

Using the term "study level" and Aerosoft in the same breath is the biggest LOL I've had all day. Thank you

I think it's going to be a really nice addon.  If I have to use a manual to figure out how start it up and shut it down I'd say it's study level enough.

• Like 8

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I'm really confused now (which is easy for me, I know :blink:).  I thought the pathetic SDK was only good enough to build gliders with.  Did something happen to improve that?

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

8 minutes ago, Noel said:

I'm really confused now (which is easy for me, I know :blink:).  I thought the pathetic SDK was only good enough to build gliders with.  Did something happen to improve that?

So the SDK is a work in progress. It still doesn't allow a lot of developers to do the things we love from other sims. (We can't have GSX right now. We couldn't have a PMDG or FSLabs or FlyTheMaddog or Majestic Dash, right now) but we can have a mid systems depth aircraft like this one. Some people will point at the FBW project as an example of all the aforementioned developers being incompetent or lazy or wrong, but the FBW team can't even make the wipers remove rain from the windshield because of the incomplete SDK, as one quick example.

Give the SDK a year. We'll be in the right spot.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.