Sign in to follow this  
mpo910

List: What should be fixed with a next release of P3D

21 minutes ago, mpo910 said:

Is the T7 immersion package V2 ready Simbol? 😃😉 or why are you here?

indeed....symbol,...can you afford to waste your time thinking about crazy nonchristian rubbish....instead of working hard like a slave to get our rare worthy well minds if you provide us with much more cool stufff

Edited by BerndB

Bernd

P3D V6 -  PC spec: Intel i9-9900 overclocked 5 GHz HT off, 32 GB RAM, GPU Nvidia RTX3090 24GB, 2xM2 SSD, Skalarki HomeCockpit and Jeehell FMGS on a dedicated Server, PF3 for ATC, MCE, GSX, EFB, AS+ASCA+ENV and OrbXpf3-supporter.gif

19 minutes ago, kevinfirth said:

Nah the fact you're both here means there can't be anything about to drop, or you'd be too busy testing

.....uninstall P3D.....install P3D....start P3D....wait.....wait.....wait....write on avsim.....wait....wait.....read on avsim.....try....word not allowed........uninstall....install.....loop......

I have time.....

And......P3D has a working Autopilot.....compared to other GermanyNextTopModel platforms

The fact I am here means I sleep a bit less as usual.....and.....o common....I care about you all.....😂

Edited by mpo910
  • Like 3

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

20 minutes ago, mpo910 said:

P3D has a working Autopilot

to be fair, default P3D AP is borderline MSFS atrocious. 

For instance it uses stab trim to control altitude and not the actual elevators. Thats why on some Aircraft you will get an abrupt pitch change when you disconnect AP.

Loc/GS  track is very weak, which is for example evident in the milviz b350i where they used default AP for loc/GS track. Unless you are in a specific narrow speed range, forget AP guidance on ILS.

P3D autopilot is extremely rudimentary.

• Upvote 1

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

12 minutes ago, SAS443 said:

to be fair, default P3D AP is borderline MSFS atrocious. 

For instance it uses stab trim to control altitude and not the actual elevators. Thats why on some Aircraft you will get an abrupt pitch change when you disconnect AP.

Loc/GS  track is very weak, which is for example evident in the milviz b350i where they used default AP for loc/GS track. Unless you are in a specific narrow speed range, forget AP guidance on ILS.

P3D autopilot is extremely rudimentary.

Of course you are right.....but.....it stays connected and follows the path.....😁 Don't ruine my fantasy SAS443

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

So.....where are your whishes and issues? Was this all? 

Or did you just open a post at LM support and swapped over to them to make sure TrueSky, VRAM and PBR gets attention? 

😉

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

5 hours ago, GSalden said:

However, at this moment only Jorgen en Vaughan are babysitting the house and answering the door ... 😅

That made me actually LOL.

I'm not sure if the development team actual ready their public forums or not (I'll accept based on what Marcus has said that they do) but I'm continually surprised they seem happy to let those two muppets act as the main providers of support over there. Their advice is next to useless and frequently condescending. 

• Upvote 2

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs

28 minutes ago, KL Oo said:

That made me actually LOL.

I'm not sure if the development team actual ready their public forums or not (I'll accept based on what Marcus has said that they do) but I'm continually surprised they seem happy to let those two muppets act as the main providers of support over there. Their advice is next to useless and frequently condescending. 

I will reply one last time on this and we really should come back to topic after this, please.😃

The P3D dev team is really great and VERY focused on developing instead of marketing.

If LM would ask me if I would like to get more feedback from them OR if I would like to get some coding done......I would of course prefer the latter. And THIS is exactly how they should act.

They read their public forums.....I am very sure and have made my own experience with it.

I read also a lot of the things posted there. And to be honest.....there is also a lot of rubbish posted.....and really....as a Platform provider they have to be very careful not to spend to much time on issues caused by other add-ons (but they even care a lot on this....and interact with other parties), OS, Hardware, drivers etc. Most of the time the cause of issues is NOT P3D. I have spend a lot of time on issues tracking, analysing, tweaking etc. And I have to say....P3D is a very stable and rock solid platform. It really is. Certainly not BUG Free. But very stable (VRAM excluded and even VRAM is not ONLY P3D....).

Keep OS AND drivers always up to date. Reduce your OCs, reduce tweaking, use compatible add-ons compiled by the latest SDK and make sure your hardware is setup properly and capable. Incl. M2 SSD, temps, GPU, CPU, Power Supply, monitor etc. 

A flight sim is not a average game.....Flight sims are really demanding. P3D uses AVX Instructions......they bring your CPU to it's limits....

Well....my 2 cents....

Now back to topic....

What should be fixed and\or enhanced in future.....?

I am curious.

Edited by mpo910
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

5 minutes ago, mpo910 said:

What should be fixed and\or enhanced in future.....?

Let's add the nav database.  FsAerodata is stopping, keeping the impenetrable nav database is a factor in that.  Comes under my earlier request for an easier development environment.  A reworked nav database would be great...why not make a deal with navigraph? One historic Airac bundled with the sim, and regular updates with our navigraph subs?

• Like 4

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

10 hours ago, simbol said:

Unless you all go to Lockheed Martin main gates to present the list of fixes you wish, they will never know about it.. you all need to get banging at their doors.. I always pass them my advice to them of course, but I think they need to see that what I have been asking them to do is for a reason.....

S.

I'm not saying they stare at this site every day, but I would think they follow some of the content, this is after all the largest flight simulation website as far as I know. A great place to discover what people think of your product and provide feedback for improvements. Usually the good and the bad comes as a package weather you ask for it or not.

As far as issue's with V5. My biggest complaints are Weather/Lighting/HDR improvements. But I'm sure they are already well aware and working on these issues for the next release. Your probably already enjoying better lighting, you just can't talk about it yet. 😉

Flight Simulator's - Prepar3d V5.3/MSFS2020 | Operating System - WIN 10 | Main Board - GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO | CPU - INTEL 9700k (5.0Ghz) | RAM - VIPER 32Gig DDR4 4000Mhz | Video Card - EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 ULTRA Monitor - DELL 38" ULTRAWIDE | Case - CORSAIR 750D FULL TOWER | CPU Cooling - CORSAIR H150i Elite Push/Pull | Power Supply - EVGA 1000 G+ 

6 minutes ago, TurboKen said:

Your probably already enjoying better lighting...

@simbol's aquarium is neon lit I think?.🤣🤣

• Like 1

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

It is hard to keep track of all AVSIM topics.. Specially when you are on a code crunch mode.

Personally when I am doing heavy developing aka a code crunch I rarely go to any forums or read much..

I come to Avsim because my official forums are here, and I found this topic because I was tagged.. But normally when I am focussed on writing code.. I drop my online presence up to 90 percent, I just leave 10 percent to give support or read sporadic content to have a break when I need it...

If LM seems distant, they are buried in their keyboards.. It is normal developing behavior.. 

Now back to coding.. 😉

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I've got a few that are a bit more 'out there'...

• Automatic interpolation of segmented taxiways into smooth curves. We've all seen ATC aircraft 'shuffling' step-by-step through a turn on the ground. It's very immersion breaking. P3D should recognise this taxiway pattern and smooth it out automatically. Problem solved.
  • I'd really like to see them open up the sim more for developers. Not that it isn't open now, but it could be *more* open, and more simply. I'd like .NET bindings for the PDK, which I don't think exist at the moment because I don't think you can have in-process DLLs written in .NET (I could be wrong, but that's how I read the docs). I'd like to be able to write native gauges in C# vs C++.
  • A way to run standard gauges (C++ and XML) outside the sim process on remote PCs. Of course right now you can undock and drag a gauge to another display, but the gauge code still runs in the main sim process. It ought to be possible to build a network-connected virtual machine in which normal gauge code can run without alteration but which is outside the sim itself so you can move FPS-unfriendly gauges to separate PCs. Obviously you can achieve the same goal with avionics packages like ProSim etc, but there isn't offboard avionics software for most aircraft. This would probably be very complex to do, but hugely worth it for advanced setups.
  • Basic multichannel capability in the Academic / Pro editions. Maybe limited to 3 channels. Caters for lower-end multichannel setups which currently have to use Wideview because multichannel via Pro Plus is way too expensive and aimed at highly complex commercial sims. Allow us to turn off the frame sync so each client can run as fast as possible. 

Edited by neilhewitt
Typos
  • Like 1

Temporary sim: 9700K @ 5GHz, 2TB NVMe SSD, RTX 3080Ti, MSFS + SPAD.NeXT

39 minutes ago, neilhewitt said:

I've got a few that are a bit more 'out there'...

• Automatic interpolation of segmented taxiways into smooth curves. We've all seen ATC aircraft 'shuffling' step-by-step through a turn on the ground. It's very immersion breaking. P3D should recognise this taxiway pattern and smooth it out automatically. Problem solved.

That's a good one, and I suspect that it would be relatively easy to implement (considering that visible taxiway centre lines are automatically smoothed into curves at junctions).

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I just wonder what the timeline is for the next point release?

i7 - 8700k, 4.3Ghz

Nvidia RTX 2070

Win 10

While Nico from PSXT is already working on a solution for his live traffic, it is still impossible with todays sim to have any kind of MARS (Multiple Aircraft Receving Stands) operation with AI Traffic.
I would really appreciate it if it will be included in a future release of any sim so one can finally use all available stands and not just either one heavy stand or two small gates depending on how the addon developer decided.
Cant imagine it is too tough to implement as its (very basically speaking) just "either - or", either 1 big gate for AI or 2 small gates for AI.

And of course better crash logging, im regularly haunted by the DXGIs but if you read the P3D forums, the only explanation by the two "word not allowed" seem to be incompatible addons and RAM writing permissions but there is no way to figuring out what exactly is causing a crash so developers can investigate and correct any errors.