Sign in to follow this  
guibru

Milviz announces Corsair for MSFS.

Blimey, 2 Spitfires, a P40 and now a Corsair on the way? MSFS is turning into Warbird heaven!

• Like 6

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

Wow that Corsair looks gorgeous!

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

If it flies pretty much like a real one does it will certainly be worth having. They didn't call that thing the Ensign Eliminator for nothing lol, but to be fair to it, it's probably a toss up between that and the P-47 Thunderbolt for the best Allied fighter of WW2.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

1 hour ago, Milviz said:

FYI, there's no AP in the Corsair... No GPS... none of that stuff...

The Corsair looks like an insta-buy.

What sort of system modelling will the Corsair have? Will it have things like water injection, 2 stage supercharger, etc.?

Talk of the Milviz C310R put me back into P3D to dig it out.

Circa 2018 version still flies very smoothly in P3D v4.5

T45

aa-1.jpg

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Milviz said:

The Corsair is, with luck, today, tmrw, or the next day... or the day after that... or... you get the idea.

The 310 is more complex...  so... we know it's SOON... but not exactly when

My uncle flew and instructed in the F4-U Corsair in the Navy on the USS Bonhomme Richard (which recently suffered a fire). Please advise if you need any photos/info/testing etc.

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

5 hours ago, Milviz said:

Edited by Flyfaster_MTN002

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

4 hours ago, Blueline308 said:

The corsair looks good, but the paint scheme is not Boyinton era VMF-214.  It is very late WW2 or Korea.

We're aware.  We tried to give as many livery options as possible.

Also, there are many repaints that should work on this...

Edited by Milviz
  • Like 2

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

9 hours ago, yurei said:

What's the release word on the sky Raider?

What ?! A Skyraider ? Of the Douglas A1sort ? You kid us, right ? 

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

3 hours ago, Milviz said:

We're aware.  We tried to give as many livery options as possible.

Also, there are many repaints that should work on this...

Who does need many repaints when you can just  have an enormous torque at low speed  😆

• Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

18 hours ago, Dutch727 said:

"Very soon" for the Corsair and 310.

It's not quite accurate to say the SR-71 is coming "very soon" as there's still lots of work to do on it before release, plus the sim has to allow us to fly past Mach 1.0 correctly for it to be a real Blackbird.  But it's definitely coming to MSFS and it will be an authentic, deep implementation with a fully functional detailed front-seat cockpit (but with options to fly it in a more casual way if you don't want to study the 870+ page Lockheed manual!)

I once read a very old, pre-release review of your SR-71 on FSelite. My head started to hurt when I finished reading half of it, but that is exactly why I'm gonna buy two copies of the plane when released: one for myself and the other for a friend so that he could share my headache. If a flight sim aircraft addon is not complex enough to give me headache, I don't buy it.

And thank you for everything you do. Please take care of yourselves.

Edited by EvidencePlz
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Dominique_K said:

What ?! A Skyraider ? Of the Douglas A1sort ? You kid us, right ? 

yep. it is looking very nice. a facebook friend is a tester. 

2 hours ago, EvidencePlz said:

I once read a very old, pre-release review of your SR-71 on FSelite. My head started to hurt when I finished reading half of it, but that is exactly why I'm gonna buy two copies of the plane when released: one for myself and the other for a friend so that he could share my headache. If a flight sim aircraft addon is not complex enough to give me headache, I don't buy it.

I get that and I'm mostly the same way.  I want the full experience of piloting some of these airplanes I'd never even get to sit in the cockpit of in real life.  A real-life SR-71 mission was as much akin to a space launch as an airplane flight.  From the outside it looks like it's a visitor from the 22nd century but the cockpit technology is 1960s.  It has a surprisingly narrow flight envelope and requires precision to fly - even subsonic you have a high landing speed and no flaps or spoilers to help you.  So part of the fun is the challenge.  There were very few Blackbird pilots and there's a reason for that.

But...important...we know we need to make this iconic airplane accessible.  The way we've chosen is to implement everything possible and provide realistic consequences for not following procedures and respecting the limitations of the rather fragile airframe - but have simulator options to suspend the consequences at various levels (easy, medium, and realistic for instance) so that those that would like to activate the basic systems, takeoff, and fly around won't be excessively frustrated.  (Landing this bird will never be easy.)

For me I like the challenge, and if you want it here, you'll have it available!

Headaches optional.

Edited by Dutch727
  • Like 4

Charles "Dutch" Owen - Developer at Military Visualizations - currently working on the C310R and SR-71A project for MSFS.

2 hours ago, EvidencePlz said:

SAME! I need it to really make me think... and I love to have to learn a new airplane. I get bored too quickly. 

• Like 1