Sign in to follow this  
FrankR409

Just Flight PA-28R Arrow III (for MSFS) released

2 hours ago, Nyxx said:

Screenshot-786.png

Screenshot-787.png

This is exactly what I’m seeing too, running a 3080 in 4K. Those A pillar textures are quite disappointing, but the rest of the panel is good. 

I think we are spoiled (although that isn't the right word) by the default graphics... and the problem with this plane is that it is (no matter how you look at it) a port from an FSX product. JF didn't use the new tech on various things like text (which for instance Aerosoft is doing on their CRJ where every line of text looks really sharp: something with decals... I'm not sure what it is called but it's new tech). So what you see in this Arrow are pictures of text and they look pixelated because well... they are pixelated. The same goes for a lot of textures: not everything (or nothing?) is 'simulated material' (sorry, I don't know the official terms) like default planes show. When push comes to shove this simply is an FSX plane with PBR and a few other shiny things added to it.

I myself am totally into graphics and as it is now I'll pass on this one. I simply like the new MSFS tech graphics and don't see myself flying anything else. This plane simply reminds me too much of FSX and P3D... Yes, yes, yes, I know there's more to an addon plane than graphics but a basic GA plane like this doesn't offer much more than any other default plane (for my kind of flying) so I will save my money for (probably and perhaps) the CRJ. (I don't have the money to buy hundreds of addons like some of you people here...)

Edited by tup61
  • Like 3

Here is a (very work in progress) picture of the Aerosoft Twin Otter; they're using the new MSFS techniques such as the decals to provide clear text. Contrast that to the pixelated Just Flight ported textures:

image_01.PNG.175459f2c5fdfb89c2a5325ed63

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Johnny Wyatt said:

Here is a (very work in progress) picture of the Aerosoft Twin Otter; they're using the new MSFS techniques such as the decals to provide clear text. Contrast that to the pixelated Just Flight ported textures:

My point exactly. I guess some simmers that have been in this hobby for a longer period are fine with FSX-like graphics getting some shine and reflection added, after all they are used to those kind of graphics, but well... not me.

Edited by tup61

4 hours ago, Tom Wright said:

Yes this is exactly what I'm seeing as well. The aircraft jitters and shakes a lot.

And I guess the beta team didn't see any of this , right??????

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

4 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

And I guess the beta team didn't see any of this , right??????

It is strange. I did a circuit in the default C172 at the same airport and same wind conditions (which were so light they were almost negligible anyway) and that flew much more stably than the Arrow.

It's almost like the kind of engine shake effect you see on the ground is translated into the air as well, which having flown a few PA28s in the real world - albeit lesser powerful ones - is certainly not the case in reality.

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S

If fairness to Just Flight I need to add that the texture issues aren't visible if you don't zoom in. However, I tend to zoom in to be able to click on the buttons easily.

For those using the gns 530 mod, I read this minor tweak at the msfs forum:

"So, everyone using the new JustFlight Piper Arrow III with this mod and having issues with the bezel of the GNS530/GNS430 covering some pixels, here’s the fix:

Navigate to the file in your Community folder, copy it somewhere as backup.
Then open the file in a text editor:
justflight-aircraft-pa28-arrow-iii\SimObjects\Airplanes\JF_PA28_Arrow\panel\panel.cfg

Find this block (this is from the original file):

[VCockpit05]
size_mm				= 350,190
pixel_size			= 350,190
texture				= $SCREEN_GNS430
htmlgauge00=NavSystems/GPS/AS430/AS430.html, 		0, 0, 350, 190

[VCockpit06]
size_mm				= 320,234
pixel_size			= 320,234
texture				= $SCREEN_GNS530
htmlgauge00=NavSystems/GPS/AS530/AS530.html, 		0, 0, 320,234

And replace it with the following:

[VCockpit05]
size_mm				= 350,190
pixel_size			= 350,190
texture				= $SCREEN_GNS430
htmlgauge00=NavSystems/GPS/AS430/AS430.html, 		4, 3, 342, 183

[VCockpit06]
size_mm				= 320,234
pixel_size			= 320,234
texture				= $SCREEN_GNS530
htmlgauge00=NavSystems/GPS/AS530/AS530.html, 		4, 3, 316, 231

Save the file and restart the sim to see the effect."

• Like 2

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

1 hour ago, tup61 said:

My point exactly. I guess some simmers that have been in this hobby for a longer period are fine with FSX-like graphics getting some shine and reflection added, after all they are used to those kind of graphics, but well... not me.

Well, I've been in FSX/ P3D and various iterations of flight simulators going back 30 years on and off and that is precisely why I will NOT be accepting these textures in MSFS 2020. I intend to use my wallet to confine them to the past where they belong.

Edited by Will Fly For Cheese
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, joe cooper said:

Please help here what do you mean a pain on the right side of the liveries??

In the aicraft selection you will see a bunch of repaints for the piper. Go to the right. You can change the registration on that one.

Juan Ramos

So the Carenado PA, from the posts I've been reading, have much better quality graphics because they're digital or whatever the technical term is?