Sign in to follow this  
neilhewitt

What's the point?

5 minutes ago, fluffyflops said:

They have been spamming the same replies for a decade. 

The point still stands that since v5 there's been over 30 pages of dgxi errors. That's not a coincidence is it. 

Yet we are suppose to believe v5 is the best thing since sliced bread. 

Are you running P3Dv5? If not why are you commenting on it? I can only speak from personal experience and since following their advice I've not had the problem.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

12 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Are you running P3Dv5? If not why are you commenting on it? I can only speak from personal experience and since following their advice I've not had the problem.

I do yes. 

Let me give you an example. I recently bought a new monitor. And very nice it is too. 

So installed latest drivers and off I flew. (I had the max power option on) 

Switched views pow DXGI error 

Removed latest drivers and replaced with the 457.30 studio drivers and you guessed it, no problem as before with the old monitor. 

Ive always had to use 457.30 studio drivers from day one to get around dxgi errors.  The moment I put recent drivers on I get the error no matter what LM spam on their forums. Simple as that. 

Sure it maybe a combination of nvdiva and lm's but it's not as cut and dried as 'change this or change that' there is definitely a conflict between P3dv5 and ndviva otherwise  there wouldn't be 35 bloody pages of the same issue over and over again. 

Edited by fluffyflops
  • Upvote 1

14ppkc-6.png

While I don't dispute that DXGI errors relate to P3Dv5, I don't understand why some seem to be constantly plagued by it, and I am not. I have to assume it has to do with settings and... the plane you fly! The OP mentioned that he was using the Feelthere E170 (or another airframe in that pack). It's probably good to note that this aircraft is exceptionally bad in terms of performance, both VRAM and FPS. As a matter of fact, it's one of the worst performing aircraft in my (currently installed) hangar. In that sense, PMDG aircraft have always been exceedingly stable for me, despite all the criticism they have bene getting as of late. I wonder if the OP used the PMDG 737NGXu for his flight, would he still have all this trouble?

• Upvote 2

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

2 minutes ago, Benjamin J said:

While I don't dispute that DXGI errors relate to P3Dv5, I don't understand why some seem to be constantly plagued by it, and I am not. I have to assume it has to do with settings and... the plane you fly! The OP mentioned that he was using the Feelthere E170 (or another airframe in that pack). It's probably good to note that this aircraft is exceptionally bad in terms of performance, both VRAM and FPS. As a matter of fact, it's one of the worst performing aircraft in my (currently installed) hangar. In that sense, PMDG aircraft have always been exceedingly stable for me, despite all the criticism they have bene getting as of late. I wonder if the OP used the PMDG 737NGXu for his flight, would he still have all this trouble?

its worth noting until they updated trueglass/reallight it was causing ctds.

14ppkc-6.png

16 minutes ago, Benjamin J said:

While I don't dispute that DXGI errors relate to P3Dv5

I think it has to, reading multiple posts on LM saying with a clean W10, latest drivers and default V5 and nothing else and some still get the error. If that's the case then surely LM must be seeing this in their Development and testing. At this point you just can't blame add-ons.

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

6 minutes ago, FPStewy said:

I think it has to, reading multiple posts on LM saying with a clean W10, latest drivers and default V5 and nothing else and some still get the error. If that's the case then surely LM must be seeing this in their Development and testing. At this point you just can't blame add-ons.

dxgi errors where/are  around in v4. 

I remember if I used asus gpu tweak to cap the frames it did it.

they will never ever ever ever ever admit their coding might be the issue. ever,   

14ppkc-6.png

1 hour ago, fluffyflops said:

Let me give you an example. I recently bought a new monitor. And very nice it is too. 

So installed latest drivers and off I flew. (I had the max power option on) 

Switched views pow DXGI error 

Removed latest drivers and replaced with the 457.30 studio d

You don’t say what aircraft or resolution you were running. A change of monitor doesn’t require a change of drivers. Just install the monitor inf file so you can select appropriate resolutions and refresh rates.

I had the problem with the Carenado PC12 so a lightweight aircraft like that was never going to be the problem. It’s that setting which is important. I’ll post my driver version tomorrow.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

19 minutes ago, FPStewy said:

I had installed a Carenado PC12 in an otherwise default install and got it toggling out of full screen back to window mode. Easily reproducible.

Changed the power setting and it stopped. I toggled multiple times to really hammer it but it was solid. As LM recommend that setting they can’t do much more. But that advice should be more prominent such as in a readme in the installer.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

37 minutes ago, FPStewy said:

Like I said, I don't dispute that P3Dv5 and DXGI errors are related to each other...

But that said, you don't necessarily get them if you stay within the limits of what your system can handle. It seems to me most of the DXG errors are related to running out of VRAM and other GPU-related things. Like I said, I try to stay within what my GPU seems to handle, and I rarely if ever get DXGI errors.

So again: I don't dispute that P3Dv5 probably might have something under the hood that needs tinkering, but it's my feeling some people may be setting themselves up for failure by using settings and addons that exacerbate the problems.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

1 hour ago, Benjamin J said:

It seems to me most of the DXG errors are related to running out of VRAM and other GPU-related things. Like I said, I try to stay within what my GPU seems to handle, and I rarely if ever get DXGI errors.

I’m now running RTSS top-left monitoring the critical elements such as CPU1 load, GPU VRAM and load and RAM used. Given I’m keeping my scenery settings reasonable as I prefer to see more Ai and have a 1080Ti and 32Gb RAM I’m nowhere near the limits.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

3 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Well yes but with a limit of around 3.8Gb it's not going to look especially pretty. P3Dv5 RAM usage peaked around 14.5Gb for me this afternoon running in 4K at Pilot's LEAL and fps were locked at 30.

I'm not into eye-candy Ray. I'm into flying. Frankly, I couldn't care less about how "pretty" things look. I care more about how things work. I learned this very quickly the first time I stepped into a Level-D. The view out of the cockpit window was, to say the least, terrible. I quickly learned that how things look have little to do with the mechanics of flying the airplane..........Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

2 minutes ago, W2DR said:

I'm not into eye-candy Ray. I'm into flying. Frankly, I couldn't care less about how "pretty" things look. I care more about how things work. I learned this very quickly the first time I stepped into a Level-D. The view out of the cockpit window was, to say the least, terrible. I quickly learned that how things look have little to do with the mechanics of flying the airplane..........Doug

Doug, five generations of P3D have proved it’s possible to have both. The PMDG737 running on a 4K display with everything pin sharp is a huge leap forward from a 15 year-old sim.

Your CPU has to work incredibly hard to cope with everything thrown at it. Whereas P3D shares the load between the CPU and GPU resulting in great performance even at busy airports in 4K. 32Gb of RAM is a bit overkill for something that can’t use more than 4Gb. You’re running other games possibly.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I don't play other games Ray. The RAM is needed for video processing. I don't fly tubeliners anymore and my GA aircraft look, to me, look just fine at 1920x1200 on my old, out-dated low-resolution monitors. And all the systems in my GA aircraft work. Sometimes I think Henry Ford was right...all cars should be painted black then there wouldn't be any debate about which color is best. And, never forget, Ford is better than Chevy...Ferrari is better than Lamborghini, and Sophia is better looking than Gina.

• Like 1

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

5 hours ago, OzWhitey said:

Unfortunately, the message neve got through to this community that you can make P3D ortho tiles just as easily as you can for XP

Really? Oh yes, Google was my friend - found it.

Edited by Anxu00
Found the info

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

2 hours ago, W2DR said:

And, never forget, Ford is better than Chevy...Ferrari is better than Lamborghini, and Sophia is better looking than Gina.

Ah, you are very correct on all three of the above!  I'll take a Ferrari F40 thank you.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB