Sign in to follow this  
Car147

FBW A320NX

1 hour ago, omarsmak30 said:

At many aspects, still not comparable to FSL (I own as well Toliss and FF on XP besides FSL) and I won't ever compare it, we are talking here about 150$ vs free add-one 😄. Anyway, I'd use the custom autopilot experimental to list what is the missing:
- Full custom hydraulics simulation WIP (https://github.com/flybywiresim/a32nx/pull/3782

- Full custom electrical simulation. half done, the last part is almost there: https://github.com/flybywiresim/a32nx/pull/3980

- Full custom LNAV using custom flightplan WIP.

- Full custom VNAV, if you heard from the video, this will happen when the custom flightplan is implemented and the new flightmodel is merged (that works with the new engine model), having said that, they already started on planning it: https://github.com/flybywiresim/rfcs/blob/000-vertical-navigation/text/000-vertical-navigation.md 

- Full custom fuel system is being now discussed to be worked on.

Goodies (besides the massive work that put into the displays, textures and cockpit model):

- The new custom fly-by-wire system is really good, I like it even better than some payware and it implements unique characters only exclusive to the NEOs for example the rotation law. However, is still doesn't have some protections laws but that would come for sure.  

- The new custom engine model is built on the real data from LEAP engines, so you would expect performance similar to LEAP engines. 

- The new custom  flightmodel is built on the real performance data that they gathered from tons of engineers and pilots in discord.

- The new custom autopilot is massive overhaul and built from scratch. It is the first real full custom autopilot for MSFS! The CRJ apparently, uses the dumpster default autopilot for some of its some of the functions.

- The new custom autothrottle is also massive overhaul and built from scratch, they try simulate realistic N1 limits.

- A new custom realistic APU simulation.

I think there are even way more goodies is hard to list them lol. Anyway, 320 sim pilot is always streaming on the mod and always explain new features being added to the mod.

1 hour ago, SierraDelta said:

David,

I rarely fire up P3D these days as I find the VR implementation in MSFS magnitudes better than P3D, but I do fly the odd trip in one of the FSL buses now and then.

As for comparison @omarsmak30 has already given a brilliant summary, and I just want to add that what the FBW team has done so far - and continues to do - is simply mindblowing. Will I buy the FSL sharklets version when it comes out? Not so sure any longer, we'll see ...

Thank you both.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

1 hour ago, SierraDelta said:

Will I buy the FSL sharklets version when it comes out? Not so sure any longer, we'll see ...

As I am for sure I won't buy it as I have stopped buying for P3D since last year and I think many are the on the same boat as us and thus, I wonder if the sharklets will be breaking sales 🤔. Anyway, similar to PMDG, FSL has its own loyal customer base 

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

Looks like not too long we'll be able to enjoy a fullyfeatured A320. Amazing what these guys are doing. All thumbs up! 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, DAD said:

but I miss my waypoints. Any idea?

Well, I knew that the FBW is not to blame. Instead I did a mistake when loading the simbrief plan. I by mistake started MSFS with a VFR flightplan, i.e. I selected EDDH as DEP and LSZH as ARR airport and then started the flight. Wrong! That DOES NOT allow to load the simbrief waypoints into the FMC via the INIT page (just DEP and ARR via the ATSU menu). So to load the flightplan via ATSU and also via INIT page into the FMC it is required just to load a DEP airport on the world map and NOT SELECT an ARR airport. Works like a charme then... just enroute EDDH to LSZH

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

6 hours ago, omarsmak30 said:

At many aspects, still not comparable to FSL (I own as well Toliss and FF on XP besides FSL) and I won't ever compare it, we are talking here about 150$ vs free add-one 😄. Anyway, I'd use the custom autopilot experimental to list what is the missing:
- Full custom hydraulics simulation WIP (https://github.com/flybywiresim/a32nx/pull/3782

- Full custom electrical simulation. half done, the last part is almost there: https://github.com/flybywiresim/a32nx/pull/3980

- Full custom LNAV using custom flightplan WIP.

- Full custom VNAV, if you heard from the video, this will happen when the custom flightplan is implemented and the new flightmodel is merged (that works with the new engine model), having said that, they already started on planning it: https://github.com/flybywiresim/rfcs/blob/000-vertical-navigation/text/000-vertical-navigation.md 

- Full custom fuel system is being now discussed to be worked on.

Goodies (besides the massive work that put into the displays, textures and cockpit model):

- The new custom fly-by-wire system is really good, I like it even better than some payware and it implements unique characters only exclusive to the NEOs for example the rotation law. However, is still doesn't have some protections laws but that would come for sure.  

- The new custom engine model is built on the real data from LEAP engines, so you would expect performance similar to LEAP engines. 

- The new custom  flightmodel is built on the real performance data that they gathered from tons of engineers and pilots in discord.

- The new custom autopilot is massive overhaul and built from scratch. It is the first real full custom autopilot for MSFS! The CRJ apparently, uses the dumpster default autopilot for some of its some of the functions.

- The new custom autothrottle is also massive overhaul and built from scratch, they try simulate realistic N1 limits.

- A new custom realistic APU simulation.

I think there are even way more goodies is hard to list them lol. Anyway, 320 sim pilot is always streaming on the mod and always explain new features being added to the mod.

In reading through this I find it fascinating, particularly the part about VNAV development.   One of the items of not is that in order to calculate this, weather conditions along the the entire flight plan path are required to be known.  However, what I do know from the developers of REX Weather is that this simply is not available in the sim.  What instead happens is that you travel inside of a bubble with a radius of about 40 miles.  Weather outside of this bubble is literally not even calculated in the sim.  How the A320 team plans to get this information is a complete mystery to me as the TOD to FAF is often hundreds of miles.

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

On my flights the fuel consumption seems always to low. Is this a known bug or something wrong with my setting?

16 minutes ago, 737_800 said:

On my flights the fuel consumption seems always to low. Is this a known bug or something wrong with my setting?

Known issue. Usually m20 on the fuel factor for simbrief is about right.

I really don't want to talk badly about the FBW A320, in contrary I am impressed what they achieved and I appreciate it very much, but...

Am I the only one who has massive microstutters with the FBW A320 as soon as a flightplan is active in the FMS?

It is quite smooth when no flightplan is loaded into the FMS, but whenever a flightplan is loaded there are lots of immersionbreaking microstutters, in particular when taxiing and turning on the ground and often immediately after takeoff and on final approach. These miscrostutters seem to be independent from an otherwise nice overall FPS performance.

I tested all kinds of settings to get rid of the microstutters but to no avail. After a flew flights with the Aerosoft CRJ, which have been totally smooth without any microstutter at all, it seems to me that it must be an issue of the FBW A320.

Does anybody else experience this? Or found a solution to get rid of these microstutters?

11 minutes ago, RALF9636 said:

I really don't want to talk badly about the FBW A320, in contrary I am impressed what they achieved and I appreciate it very much, but...

Am I the only one who has massive microstutters with the FBW A320 as soon as a flightplan is active in the FMS?

It is quite smooth when no flightplan is loaded into the FMS, but whenever a flightplan is loaded there are lots of immersionbreaking microstutters, in particular when taxiing and turning on the ground and often immediately after takeoff and on final approach. These miscrostutters seem to be independent from an otherwise nice overall FPS performance.

I tested all kinds of settings to get rid of the microstutters but to no avail. After a flew flights with the Aerosoft CRJ, which have been totally smooth without any microstutter at all, it seems to me that it must be an issue of the FBW A320.

Does anybody else experience this? Or found a solution to get rid of these microstutters?

No real solution but try turning terrain vector off and terrain shadows down to 128. I keep only the weather and traffic online and avoid the online terrain stuff. Seams to help a bit in stutters on the A320. CRJ also suffers lagging. Not sure on your config.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mike S KPDX said:

In reading through this I find it fascinating, particularly the part about VNAV development.   One of the items of not is that in order to calculate this, weather conditions along the the entire flight plan path are required to be known.  However, what I do know from the developers of REX Weather is that this simply is not available in the sim.  What instead happens is that you travel inside of a bubble with a radius of about 40 miles.  Weather outside of this bubble is literally not even calculated in the sim.  How the A320 team plans to get this information is a complete mystery to me as the TOD to FAF is often hundreds of miles.

We're in communication with Asobo to get the necessary weather functions (among other requests) in the sim so proper VNAV is possible.

• Like 12

Please do not contact me via DM for support or help with the A32NX mod. We recommend using our help channel on our Discord.

2 hours ago, 40track said:

No real solution but try turning terrain vector off and terrain shadows down to 128. I keep only the weather and traffic online and avoid the online terrain stuff. Seams to help a bit in stutters on the A320. CRJ also suffers lagging. Not sure on your config.

Also check which A320 Livery maybe causing the stuttering. Just to add.

• Like 1

@IcemanFBW

I know about your discord, but don't want to verify with my phone there to chat.

I search for some variables (for AAO) for the AP etc.

Is there a kind of list you can provide, please?

many thanks!!!

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's funny after switching to the CRJ last week, thinking it would be my main plane for quite some time, right now due to a good amount of bugs and a HUD that's not at all what Mathijs sold me on the preview forum, I am back on A32NX and CJ4, which in a lot of point are way more pleasant to fly.

• Upvote 1

I also noticed on the ground with the taxi lights on loss of about 1.5 fps the same with the landing lights 1.5 fps suddenly when both are on there is a loss of 3 fps when taxiing I notice everything following the difference.

19 hours ago, RALF9636 said:

The FBW A320 costs my system 5-10 fps (on an already bad situation in large airports after the latest patch). Its A/P is not perfect either, so I continue using the default A320.

If you want to stick to it, reduce the cockpit gauges refresh rate to low.

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png