Sign in to follow this  
Car147

FBW A320NX

6 minutes ago, DAD said:

Just waited for that comment 😉. But as Hans said it seems I did something wrong.

And "we believe this issue has been resolved and we are closing that thread" 😂

• Like 3

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

I see focus on EFB and other systems, but will the A320 MCDU be updated at some point so editing flight plans works as IRL, along with altitude and speed constraints? (Not to mention other functionality)

Edited by deetee

8 minutes ago, deetee said:

I see focus on EFB and other systems, but will the A320 MCDU be updated at some point so editing flight plans works as IRL, along with altitude and speed constraints? (Not to mention other functionality)

They can't just 'fix' the flight path manager, they basically have to write a new one. Downside to this approach is that it takes a while until it works as a drop in replacement, even after forking the WT fpm. The #fms-routing channel on their discord has a ton of information on where they are at at the moment if you want to follow that in detail.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Please also note that the new installer (v1.1.1) now handles updates in a modular fashion, i.e. it only downloads modules that have changed compared to your installed version - good stuff!

• Like 2

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

2 minutes ago, SierraDelta said:

downloads modules that have changed compared to your installed version

ah well, so incremental updates? cool stuff, explains why my daily morning dev update went through so fast. will give it another spin now with simbrief flightplan ENVA  --> ESGG...

• Like 2

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

Watching the newest video I'm noticing just how far along these guys are in such a short time. New engine model? New Elec, hyd, LNAV and VNAV models? Complex airliners have taken a decade to get to near 1:1 simulation. 

Once they are able to upload their own models (cockpit, RAT, etc) and a few other things they'll be 2 years further than I initially predicted. Props to them!

• Like 7

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

All i find when i do a serch is version 0.54?

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

1 hour ago, SierraDelta said:

Please also note that the new installer (v1.1.1) now handles updates in a modular fashion, i.e. it only downloads modules that have changed compared to your installed version - good stuff!

Am I right in thinking you fly the FSL A320? If so, could you give you thoughts on this mod please.

• Like 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

1 minute ago, Nyxx said:

Am I right in thinking you fly the FSL A320? If so, could you give you thoughts on this mod please.

At many aspects, still not comparable to FSL (I own as well Toliss and FF on XP besides FSL) and I won't ever compare it, we are talking here about 150$ vs free add-one 😄. Anyway, I'd use the custom autopilot experimental to list what is the missing:
- Full custom hydraulics simulation WIP (https://github.com/flybywiresim/a32nx/pull/3782

- Full custom electrical simulation. half done, the last part is almost there: https://github.com/flybywiresim/a32nx/pull/3980

- Full custom LNAV using custom flightplan WIP.

- Full custom VNAV, if you heard from the video, this will happen when the custom flightplan is implemented and the new flightmodel is merged (that works with the new engine model), having said that, they already started on planning it: https://github.com/flybywiresim/rfcs/blob/000-vertical-navigation/text/000-vertical-navigation.md 

- Full custom fuel system is being now discussed to be worked on.

Goodies (besides the massive work that put into the displays, textures and cockpit model):

- The new custom fly-by-wire system is really good, I like it even better than some payware and it implements unique characters only exclusive to the NEOs for example the rotation law. However, is still doesn't have some protections laws but that would come for sure.  

- The new custom engine model is built on the real data from LEAP engines, so you would expect performance similar to LEAP engines. 

- The new custom  flightmodel is built on the real performance data that they gathered from tons of engineers and pilots in discord.

- The new custom autopilot is massive overhaul and built from scratch. It is the first real full custom autopilot for MSFS! The CRJ apparently, uses the dumpster default autopilot for some of its some of the functions.

- The new custom autothrottle is also massive overhaul and built from scratch, they try simulate realistic N1 limits.

- A new custom realistic APU simulation.

I think there are even way more goodies is hard to list them lol. Anyway, 320 sim pilot is always streaming on the mod and always explain new features being added to the mod.

• Like 8

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

36 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

David,

I rarely fire up P3D these days as I find the VR implementation in MSFS magnitudes better than P3D, but I do fly the odd trip in one of the FSL buses now and then.

As for comparison @omarsmak30 has already given a brilliant summary, and I just want to add that what the FBW team has done so far - and continues to do - is simply mindblowing. Will I buy the FSL sharklets version when it comes out? Not so sure any longer, we'll see ...

• Like 7

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

10 minutes ago, SierraDelta said:

is simply mindblowing

+1

• Like 1

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

Can only agree with everything said above, Just think  we will also have the A380 in the future, again with features i would think as well implmented as we're seeing develop on the A320NX...

The future for this sim is looking great.

Edited by Car147

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

This fbw 320 experience is really awesome.  Thanks so much to the development team. I have the toliss 321 and the aerosoft 320 and love those planes but since im just a casual  vr simmer I am not looking  for the  die hard simulation options.  If only my rift s was just a bit sharper.....

Anyway, keep up this great work. Much appreciated!!!

I use the developer mode with the installer.

If I were FSLabs I'd step on the pedal. 

• Upvote 1