Sign in to follow this  
fogboundturtle

FPS issue is due to Class B zone ?

Take a read : https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/intriguing-discovery-76t-bad-fps-areas-geometrically-linked-to-class-b-boundaries/382538/7

This is interesting read. Whenever your aircraft enter Class Bravo zone, the FPS drops....

• Like 5

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

That's an amazing bit of investtigation, let's hope it helps ASOBO in one way or other!

• Like 1

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitor: 32” ASUS PG32UCDM 240hz 4K | Additional Hardware: HP Reverb G2, TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

If it is then it's one of the several issues. It doesn't explain the extremely low frame rates in the main menu, or maybe the Manipulators stutters since 1.3.16.0.

Though it is great that some people are willing to make such painstaking investigations and write detailed reports. Hopefully it will help Asobo fix this fast.

• Like 3

Wow that is some brilliant analysis.  Sign him up Asobo!

It’s plausible that both times i experienced the issue i was on the edge of mode C airspace.  One was in between Teterboro and Bridgeport, the other was just before entering San Francisco Bay Area mode c airspace on approach to SFO.  I don’t remember enough specifics about where the issue started and stopped in both cases but it’s definitely something I’ll keep an eye on going forward.

• Like 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

What a load of tosh, I thought when I read the first post, but having read the whole thread on the OS, I can see the rationale behind it and the theory does seem to have some legs.  Quite a surprising, interesting and informative read.

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

Oh, it has legs and it bears out. Do you own research in your own area of interest. (i.e; where you fly)

I fly predominantly in the south of England and I've confirmed that both the Farnborough EGLF and Pompey Stuttering at EGHF are both due to the proximites of Heathrow and Southampton CTAs respectively so I've nothing to dispute his findings so far.

Clever guy. Kudos - as they say.

Now, how about a fix?

Is it as simple as disabling ATC - which will hit our Tube Jockeys hard? (unless they're on Vatsim - which they should be!)

Edited by Will Fly For Cheese
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

If it is then it's one of the several issues. It doesn't explain the extremely low frame rates in the main menu, or maybe the Manipulators stutters since 1.3.16.0.

Though it is great that some people are willing to make such painstaking investigations and write detailed reports. Hopefully it will help Asobo fix this fast.

I read somewhere that main menues are Class B in general.

• Like 3

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

Taking off from KFHR (Friday Harbor, San Juan Island, Washington State) on heading of 120° M - my FPS is 29 - 32 (75% CPU, 99% GPU) until SE of Cattle Pass and then drops to 14 - 16 with 99% CPU and 40% GPU.   Over water with NO controlled airspace of any kind within 10-miles.    

I spend about 90% of my flying time in the KSEA Class B airspace, flying into and out of it.  I never experience the FPS drop / high CPU & low GPU utilization while doing so.

Class B may explain some of the problems but not the one I test against. 

Edited by TacomaSailor

i7-9700K @4.9 GHz  / Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Mobo / 32 GB DDR4 / RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU / AORUS FO48U 4k display
 SSD for Drive C and another SSD dedicate to Flight Sim / 1 GB Comcast Xfinity Internet connection / HP Reverb G2 / Tobii 5 Head & Eye Tracking

read about me and my sailing adventures at www.svmirador.net/WebsiteOne/ or at Flickr TacomaSailor

AMAZING FInd. I can confirm.

Here is my CPU Thrashing as I enter the dark zone of low FPS coming in from the East inside DFW Class Bravo into Decator

decator.png

And then look at my CPU as I leave the decator dark zone into DFW Bravo space again.

decator-Out.png

Edited by Manny
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Amazing!  The guy really put some work into this.  I still think there are a few other issues as well as this, but curing this would be a major win.

I am going to test to see if my 'manipulators' issue that cuts GPU to zero around Salzburg is related to this.

• Like 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

I see a bunch of people are flying around Decator. in the sim. I have flown here often in real life. There used to be a  big dig right at the end of the north end of runway.. a Massive hole. Approaching from the north to land would give you an illusion you are way too high to land... cause of the massive dig. Each airport/Rwy has its own story.

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Asobo should hire the person that figured this out. 

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 Fenix A320, FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, , Milviz C 310

spacer.png

12 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Asobo should hire the person that figured this out. 

Often the community is better adept than Asobo at resolving Asobo's problems.

• Like 4