Sign in to follow this  
Nyxx

JF PA-28 update is out ( 0.3 )

3 minutes ago, DiscoSweat said:

Couple of issues I've run into:

• Haven't been able to figure out why, but about 50% of the time Altitude hold cause the aircraft to "jitter" - very small movements up and down. Only way to stop it is to disengage, change altitudes, retrim, and try again. Seems to be tied to the yoke, that's also jittering.
  • Com and nav instrument lights are totally broken - switch them on and they go immediately off.
  • Prop flashing is definitely back. Driving me nuts.

There is a repair function on that JF Installer #3. If you run the installer again, it will say it is already installed and would like like to run a repair. That fixed a problem  that I had with update #2. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

1 hour ago, sd_flyer said:

I already posted above the problem was state saving.

P.S. Just to be clear I have never ever ( knock knock knock)  taken off without checking fuel tanks in sim or RL 😄 Well I might have messed up with AUX tanks but it's a different story! 🤣

Just in case God was listening, sd_flyer did NOT mention anything about checking fuel tanks before flight IRL...that's right, we weren't even talking about fuel. So don't be thinking he said he has never not checked fuel!

Not superstitious or anything, but never hurts to be safe, right?

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

Question on the Clean Cockpit folder and effect on the Cockpit. I copied the clean cockpit folder contents and overwrote the ones in the default folder. I still see a pretty rough looking panel scratches  around the radio stack, and some scratch type marks in the comers of the windscreen and the pilots yoke is pretty worn. Are these blemishes supposed to be fixed by the Clean Cockpit textures? 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

1 hour ago, Bobsk8 said:

There is a repair function on that JF Installer #3. If you run the installer again, it will say it is already installed and would like like to run a repair. That fixed a problem  that I had with update #2. 

It seems everyone is treating this as a straight update over top of the original installation. I didn’t, I just deleted the old installation folder and ran a fresh install. Is that Ok?

i913900KF (5.8GHz) | Case: Fractal PopAir RGB I Gigabyte Z790 UD AX| MSI Gaming RTX 4070Ti Super 16GB | Kingston Fury Beast 32GB DDR5 | SOLIDIGM P41 Plus 2TB NVMe M.2 SSD | Samsung SSD 870 EVO 2TB | Thermalright Frozen Notte 240 MM Liquid Cooling | Samsung 41" Monitor 1920 x 1080 60Hz | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Logitech G Pro pedals | Tobii EyeTracker | 850W Thermaltake 80+ GOLD |

It’s clean but not factory fresh.

I think they did new windows textures and there really nice. Not installed the clean version in this patch as I like the new windows, or I think there new!

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Do I feel like an word not allowed? Yes. I loaded the updated plane and darned it it wouldn't start. Shoot! Another cock up. Restarted the flight and a miracle happened. CHECK THE BLOODY FUEL! It was, of course empty.

Happy state reinstated.

• Like 1

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

50 minutes ago, somiller said:

Just in case God was listening, sd_flyer did NOT mention anything about checking fuel tanks before flight IRL...that's right, we weren't even talking about fuel. So don't be thinking he said he has never not checked fuel!

As I posted above problem is solved by resetting the state and restarting the sim.  

Checking fuel tank IRL? Here it is

11942183_10206384547006059_7584958981199

• Like 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

1 hour ago, Nyxx said:

It’s clean but not factory fresh.

I think they did new windows textures and there really nice. Not installed the clean version in this patch as I like the new windows, or I think there new!

The left window texture (that is visible under the right lighting condition) is horribly low resolution, the pixels are noticeable even without zooming 😕

EI4bxb9.jpg

mcsfo7h.jpg

• Like 2

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Am I the only one for whom the gear logic is messed up?

the three position lever is stuck in the emergency (Down) position and while I can see my mouse icon change allowing me to click on it, nothing happens. I am unable to move it out of the full down position. 

I am able to operate the gear normally using the gear lever and I no longer see the yellow gear 'unsafe', light, but now I am unable to over ride the landing gear alarm when I want to practice stalls, nor am I able to set the system to allow for automatic gear extension.

Am I doing something wrong?

I have uninstalled and reinstalled twice, thinking I had a bad install but still the same.

It worked before patch 3. which I installed by uninstalling the previous ver. before running ver.3

I fly mostly in VR. but I have the same issue in 2D as well.

Has anyone else been experiencing this? or any ideas how fix?

Thanks.

Read of other problems that were solved by resetting the aircraft. I did same and now I am able to move the emergency gear extension lever. 

Edited by Romeo_Tango
resolved the issue

Robin

7 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

Yeah, I was out for awhile, got back and was reading down  the thread where it was when I left awhile ago. After I posted that I saw you solved the problem. 

I used to stick my finger in the fuel tank and smell it, making sure it was gasoline and not Jet A.

Tried this, and still having the same issues as above. I'm also consistently banking hard right now :(.

Seems like this update broke the plane.

8 hours ago, DiscoSweat said:

Tried this, and still having the same issues as above. I'm also consistently banking hard right now :(.

Seems like this update broke the plane.

Interesting, I noticed a slight left bank bias. Thought maybe it was rudder trim, but it was centered. I think someone else mentioned never using rudder trim IRL...I know I never used it in the Cherokee 180 I used to fly.

I guess I'm more disturbed that when lowing the flaps it tends to really balloon. In the real-life Cherokee 180 (which is essentially an Arrow, but with fixed gear and 180hp) when you lower each notch of flaps it pitches over pretty dramatically and about perfectly balances the additional lift from the flaps so there is no ballooning at all.

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

7 hours ago, somiller said:

One of my around the world flight legs I have been flying in the Bonanza, I neglected to check fuel for at takeoff and only had 50%.  Realized it not too long after takeoff, did some math and it seemed like I could get to my destination, so I opted to press on.

Along the way I ran into some winds which significantly slowed my forward progress.

Landed with like 30 min of fuel left, at a grass airstrip, in fog down to around 200ft, using an "approach" defined in LittleNavMap....  Couldn't go to any alternate due to lack of fuel.  I was very glad that I has practiced flying the Bonanza 'by the numbers' to get a 500fpm descent in approach configuration, so I could focus on looking for the runway through the fog.

Always check!

Looking forward to trying out v 0.3 of the Arrow, Just Flight is really pumping out the updates with a level of responsiveness beyond almost any other aircraft 3DP!

Edited by marsman2020
  • Like 1

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

Also, there is an important distinction between Fuel onboard and usable FOB. 

4 gallons out of the 50 gallons in the PA28A is unusable fuel, thats 15 litres which is roughly 30mins flying time which you have in the tanks but can't use.

Edited by SAS443

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40NG+tdi / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |