Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

Performance hotfix (1.14.6.0) is now live!!!

Pay no attention to the Gigabytes behind the curtain!

themanbehindthecurtain_orig.jpg

• Like 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

2 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

As a matter of fact, this is my first update of this kind. The last updates I had were in MSFS itself. 

No they weren't,

All updates were both store updates and within MSFS. You probably just didn't notice because windows had already downloaded the store update in the background in the past.

If you'd had started MSFS before a store update was done it would have closed with a warning message.

Edited by Farlis
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Well, I have to say this hotfix has blown me away in terms of overall performance. It's not just fixed the hotspot areas, it's also affected the, uh, entire world. Frame rates are up across the board, reminding me of the sim I fell in love with back in beta.

Now, if only they'd sort the LoD and tree issue 😁

• Like 9

1 minute ago, spacedyemeerkat said:

Well, I have to say this hotfix has blown me away in terms of overall performance. It's not just fixed the hotspot areas, it's also affected the, uh, entire world. Frame rates are up across the board, reminding me of the sim I fell in love with back in beta.

Now, if only they'd sort the LoD and tree issue 😁

Havent flown much, but it appears Asobo finally got one patch right. So far it does not appear to have broken anything for me.

Now lets keep fingers crossed, and pray that this can be the norm going forward...Truth is I am not confident but I hear prayer is powerful

• Like 1

Robin

OMG PERFORMANCE is INCREDIBLE after this patch! Whaaat? Am I going insane? Feels like I just got a new graphics card!

Edit: I'm stupid. NVIDIA reverted all of my graphics settings to low. Oof.

Edited by FlyingInACessna
  • Like 2

Still at work 😔 but it sounds like an excellent engine optimization update. Resources seem to generally be down across the board, with excellent frame rates. Now they can put in their tree optimization which Matias said quartered their current tree thread. I'm hoping four times more trees! 

Edited by OneOfMany

22 minutes ago, FlyingInACessna said:

OMG PERFORMANCE is INCREDIBLE after this patch! Whaaat? Am I going insane? Feels like I just got a new graphics card!

Edit: I'm stupid. NVIDIA reverted all of my graphics settings to low. Oof.

Or, without noticing, you updated to the latest video driver.

Cheers, Ed

• Like 1

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

3 minutes ago, edpatino said:

Or, without noticing, you updated to the latest video driver.

Cheers, Ed

It was very much with my noticing… I just didn’t realize updating my driver would cause NVIDIA to revert my graphics settings to the lowest options 😞

2 minutes ago, FlyingInACessna said:

It was very much with my noticing… I just didn’t realize updating my driver would cause NVIDIA to revert my graphics settings to the lowest options 😞

The nvidia driver reset your MSFS internal settings?

I've never had that happen...not even with Geforce Experience...

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

2 minutes ago, blueshark747 said:

Same here.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, blueshark747 said:

I believe it happens every time I update the driver on GeForce Experience. Yep - reset my internal MSFS settings.

• Like 1

Ok gotta give it to em they pulled this out of the bag!

Performance is great. Took off in some pretty heavy stuff out of Toronto and the sim was very smooth. En route to O Hare (Another dense spot) Will see how it ends up. Also seems to have quite a bit more traffic. Which is very nice.

Its pretty great when you can finally relax and jam to some Donald Fagen in cruise. Everything is running pretty smoothly and theres no urge to be tracking utilization, frame rate and the like. Just like the sim was just released.

Awesome.. now fix the LOD/Tree issue and i would be set.

Edited by Maxis
  • Like 6

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

1 hour ago, RW1 said:

So where does MSFS place these temp files? I'm running the MSFS edition not Steam!

I run Steam and the update files all appear here temporarily as the update is going on, they disappear after the update completes:

C:\Users\my user name\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages\Official\Steam

How I found this folder (it will work with MSFS edition too):

I noticed the update was looping on a filename that had the first few letters : fs-base.....xxxxx.xxx

So I used my installed file search utility (UltraFileSearch.com) to look on C drive for files starting with fs-base and that instantly pointed me to the folder. You could search inside Windows File Explorer in the top right search bar, or Windows Key box. Both those are about 50 times slower to find files and folders than any of many freeware and payware filesearch utilities found on the web.

https://listoffreeware.com/list-of-best-free-desktop-file-search-software/

Edited by Fielder

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

Finally an update that doesn't make me angry about performance... I'm not afraid to say when it's good.Thank you.

• Like 4

CORSAIR 4000 AIRFLOW (WHITE) / RYZEN 5800X3D / ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS / ARTIC LIQUID FREEZERII 240 / 32 GO DDR4 3200 KINGSTON FURY / MSI RTX4090 VENTUS 3X 24G OC / KINGSTON NV1 NVME 2 TO / BE QUIET PURE POWER 11FM  1000W 80PLUS GOLD / SAMSUNG NEO QLED 43" 4K.

24 minutes ago, Maxis said:

Ok gotta give it to em they pulled this out of the bag!

Performance is great. Took off in some pretty heavy stuff out of Toronto and the sim was very smooth. En route to O Hare (Another dense spot) Will see how it ends up. Also seems to have quite a bit more traffic. Which is very nice.

Its pretty great when you can finally relax and jam to some Donald Fagen in cruise. Everything is running pretty smoothly and theres no urge to be tracking utilization, frame rate and the like. Just like the sim was just released.

Awesome.. now fix the LOD/Tree issue and i would be set.

Climbing outta Toronto Pearson is impressive!

That place has been problematic on performance in all sims for me🤣

• Like 1

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2