Sign in to follow this  
ThomseN_inc

Stuttering NOT fixed.

3 minutes ago, wiler said:

Lets face it guys, a patch wont fix the root cause for all these performance issues.  Maybe dx12 will help but Im not convinced. 

I highly doubt that we are facing one of the usual performance issues here. It's something that was brought to us with the last Update. I had absolutely no issues with stuttering and performance before.

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

10 hours ago, bobcat999 said:

Confirmed.  Flying in to Salzburg from the southern valley is a pause-fest!  :unsure:

FPS is great locked at 30 and is smooth and consistent, but the pauses are caused by the 'manipulators'.  GPU and CPU usage both drop to zero during pauses. 

Salzburg Southern area, I'm having stutters too. At some other places where I had stutters before, they are gone.

• Like 1

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

1 hour ago, wiler said:

Lets face it guys, a patch wont fix the root cause for all these performance issues.  Maybe dx12 will help but Im not convinced. 

If an update could introduce these issues, why wouldn't another one be able to fix it?

• Like 1

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

I did a couple of rounds around KSEA and Boeing Field in the C152 and I did not experience any stutters or pauses.  Framerate was between 40 and 55, although I was on Medium settings, but before the update I did encounter stutters and pauses.  I'm not a tube flyer, but I wanted to report my experience.

• Like 1

i5-6600K 3.5Ghz OC to 4.5GHz|CorsairH60 Liq Cooler|GA-Z170X-Gaming 7|GTX 1070|G.Skill Trident DDR4-3200 32GB|950 PRO M.2 250GB|850 EVO 500GB|2TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD|FractalDesign R4|Corsair RMx 750W|Win10 64bit Home|MSFS2020

I love the smell of Jet-A in the morning!

Robert Pressley a.k.a. SmokeDiddy

2 hours ago, PaulM said:

Until this gets fixed, I´m flying with vsync and 20fps capped, no stutters or pauses anywhere on the sim, did a KLAX-KSEA supersmooth, 20 fps is not ideal, but I prefer 20fps super smooth than a stutter party, guys, try it out, it works here.

Finally someone gets it. Cap framerates, lower settings, etc. 

I did a flight from KSEA last week with the 787, no stutters. Ditto for all the Scandinavian airports listed above, they are always smooth for me. 

People slap all their sliders to the right, run it on, I don't know, 4k monitors, and expect 60 fps. 

My settings: LOD 50. settings medium, bloom off, ai traffic 50%, vsync on, capped at 20 fps. 

Edited by Ricardo41

4 hours ago, kakihara123 said:

They did never say the patch fixes every performance problem.

It is impossible to test every scenario and every hardware combination so go to Zendesk and file a ticket with all the necessary information so they can try to reproduce your problems and look what still needs to be fixed. 

And yeah this sim will never be without issues. The important thing is that those issues should be very rare and don't affect most flights.

I mean really, how many flights do you think the devs could have made since Sim update 3 while also coding the update?

That is why they need MORE BETA TESTERS!!!!

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

9 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

I am starting to get really tired of being on pins and needles during a flight waiting for some bug to crop up and ruin the flight. I have to decide what to do if this continues, go back to P3D, or just forget sims altogether. I am not going to spend one more dollar on MSFS until I see progress made towards stability. 

lmao, time for a new pc bob

Stutters have been there since release. The only fix is for the massive continously stutters that kill the sim. Less than ideal performance over cities is nothing new.

People say "it was fine before the update" but the sim is not standing still. They are adding new features, more AI planes because people say there is not enough, less grainy clouds and so on. These are all going to eat into frames so expecting more features with the same level of performance just ain't going to happen.

Just to add - this thread seems to be a contradiction of the "new update released" thread where there is 15 pages of people saying its working fine now.

Counting the minutes until the people that are not having any problems start telling the people that do, that their equipment is faulty, or they don't know how to run a simulator properly. 

• Like 3

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

4 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Counting the minutes until the people that are not having any problems start telling the people that do, that their equipment is faulty, or they don't know how to run a simulator properly. 

Well if it was the sim, everyone would be having stutters. They just released the fps fix and everyone has been saying their performance is better now. My performance is way better and I dont have any stutters

For the record, the stuttering might be from AI traffic. I've had mine turned off since launch since their are real people flying and dont need the ai

Edited by devgrp

3 minutes ago, sanh said:

Stutters have been there since release. The only fix is for the massive continously stutters that kill the sim. Less than ideal performance over cities is nothing new.

People say "it was fine before the update" but the sim is not standing still. They are adding new features, more AI planes because people say there is not enough, less grainy clouds and so on. These are all going to eat into frames so expecting more features with the same level of performance just ain't going to happen.

Just to add - this thread seems to be a contradiction of the "new update released" thread where there is 15 pages of people saying its working fine now.

Welcome to Avsim lmao

• Like 2

Those who are experiencing these pauses / stutters: Do you have the Navigraph Navdata installed?

I've also had these stutters/pauses at some of the locations that were mentioned here (KSEA, KLAX, LOWS) but I never experienced them again after having uninstalled the Navigraph Navdata.

Just flew KPDX - KSEA with the CRJ and it was smooth all the way.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, sanh said:

I had no stutters before WU3/SU3 flying some routes on a regular basis. Now at the same routes/areas stutters are partially gone but at other places stutters are still there. Don't know what to conclude.

- Harry 

35 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Let's bet who will be first ...

• Like 1

- Harry 

7 minutes ago, Nemo said:

Let's bet who will be first ...

Probably the person I blocked, so I won't see it.   🤓