Sign in to follow this  
ThomseN_inc

Stuttering NOT fixed.

10 minutes ago, neucoas said:

2021 and people still go out an buy 30hz monitors for flightsim.

LMFAO

Dont you worry. I got a 120Hz 78" 4K TV and MSFS is running great so far at 30Hz.

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

I tested yesterday for about 30 - 40 minutes, everything was fine, 30 fps average 

Today, I tested more, different locations, clouds preset, low / high speed, etc 

Sometime I have 25 - 30 fps, than suddenly, 10 - 12, exactly on the same location, same weather conditions, same aircraft, etc 

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 4090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 8K Samsung Q900A 65" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

Just flew into KFRG on Long Island, a small airport.  The last 10 miles was a stutter fest. Now before this "hotfix" I never saw stutters. Now they are a way of life. I landed, taxied onto a ramp and MSFS 2020 froze up before I could park the aircraft.  It is still in the same spot 5 minutes later with the engine still running.   The video is still there, engine is running. CPU is reading 3%   GPU is reading 5%, vram 8u80%, and  sys ram 70%. This software is beyond fixing in my opinion.  I can't mouse click on the screen to close it down, so I guess I will have to use task Manger to stop this POS from running. 

Edited by Bobsk8

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

1 hour ago, Bobsk8 said:

Usually on from the 1/2 way makr of 110 mile flight to  approach and I have read dozens of posts where others have experienced the same thing. I installed the Anti CTD Vaccine a couple of weeks ago, and since then MSFS has not CTD in dozens and dozens of flights. After yesterdays "Fix" from hell, the CTD s have immediately returned with a vengeance. 

Is it possible the patch somehow "undid" the fix and restored whatever you changed to default?

15 minutes ago, Scottoest said:

Is it possible the patch somehow "undid" the fix and restored whatever you changed to default?

All that patch did was lengthen the time that the GPU would wait before it gave a timeout. It would not have anything to do with the stutter fest I have now, The stutter on approach was so bad it reminded me for flying FS9 into KLAX years ago. I just uninstalled it, but frankly I think I am done with MSFS 2020. I am on the P3D website now and going to buy it. I have had more problems and aggravation with this game than anything I have experienced in years. Just not worth it anymore. Besides I can go back to flying all my A2A aircraft where everything works. 

Edited by Bobsk8
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Adobo needs to get this fiasco behind them. Marketplace will dry up, Developers will think three times before putting any resources in this, You tube videos have already come to a halt. There are only so many first time buyers out there. I really wanted this to be the ultimate SIm and it looked like just that when it was released. I built this computer just for it. I really don't see much of a path forward for MS2020 if past history is any indication. All we can do now is wait and hope for the best. No complaining or voting will do any good. They either have the ability or not to keep this franchise going for another few years.

Regards

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Denwagg

Steam MSFS 2020. Process Lasso, Acronis True Image Backup.

I9-11900k @ 5.1, Corsair 1000 RMx PS, Corsair H150I RGB Pro Cooling, NZXT 710i, Asus Rog Strix Z590-E MB,  Asus RTX 3080 TI TUFF 12GB VRAM,  Corsair 32GB 4000 DDR4 XMP 2.0, 2- NVME 1gb 970 EVO Plus's,1-2gb 970 EVO Plus, 2gb WD SSD (Offline Backup)  2-27" 1080p monitors, 32" 1440p monitor, Virpil MT-50CM2 base with Warthog Hotas joystick,  2 Cougar MFD's, TPR Rudder, Virpil MT-CM3 Throttle , Track IR, Fiber Optic Internet 500 Mbps, 1200 W UPS, HP Reverb G2

For whatever it may be worth: after installing the new patch, I flew the TBM out of Salzburg (LOWS), KSEA, KLAX, EIDW, ESSA, and ENGM and found reasonably good to excellent smoothness and FPS in all cases, with only an occasional stutter and no major pauses. I had not flown in or out of these places recently, so can't say whether the patch affected the performance in these particular locations. However, when flying the same aircraft out of KDCA and some local fields in VA I saw a major improvement post-patch.

Edited by cobalt
corrected misprint

9 minutes ago, Denwagg said:

Adobo needs to get this fiasco behind them. Marketplace will dry up, Developers will think three times before putting any resources in this, You tube videos have already come to a halt. There are only so many first time buyers out there. I really wanted this to be the ultimate SIm and it looked like just that when it was released. I built this computer just for it. I really don't see much of a path forward for MS2020 if past history is any indication. All we can do now is wait and hope for the best. No complaining or voting will do any good. They either have the ability or not to keep this franchise going for another few years.

Regards

Really? Developers had no issues pumping money into P3D and it's still a stutterfest, broken weather and clouds, and generally poor performance considering the outdated graphics.  I'm not worried about that, more worried about Asobo not breaking things as we move forward. 

• Like 2

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

6 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

And it will look like Flight Sim 95.  

OK, first off, I've been into flightsims since 1990 with the Mac version of FS and I was very excited when I first heard about MSFS, thinking "Finally, we will get a smooth sim that's been in development for a few years, and life will be wonderful".   I will admit that I don't even own MSFS....I've been holding off for all this time thinking MS/Asobo would get the sim running smoothly, but that doesn't seem to be happening yet for most people.   I'm getting to the stage in life where I don't  want to have to change lines of code and troubleshoot all the time.  When I originally heard about the sim, the thought crossed my mind that I hope this doesn't turn out to be like the original MS simulator series.  In the past it always seemed like the hardware would not catch up with the current version of sim until right about the time the next version would come out, if even then, and then the process would start all over again.  I'm just wondering if the same thing is happening now with MSFS when I hear about turning all the options down to get reliably decent performance.  And also, from the beginning when it was clear that streaming would be involved in order to run the sim, I wondered if that might be a big problem for smoothness. 

Or, maybe this just boils down to team management.  Personally, I as others, think they should just halt all of the new features/scenery updates development and devote all resources to getting the basics working correctly.  I think MS may be be on the edge of losing their audience, not to mention the interest of 3PDs, which in itself would be a disaster for the success of the sim.

Jeff

Edited by JNS
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Jeff Smith

System: i9-9900K@5.0GHz., ASUS Maximus XI Hero MB, 32 GB 3200 Hyper-X RAM, Corsair HX1000i PSU, Cooler Master ML360R RGB, EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3, (2) Samsung 860 500GB SSD for Windows 10 Pro and sim, (2) M.2 NVMe 2TB, (2) WD Black 4TB HD for data, Samsung 65" 4K curved monitor @ 30Hz. (Currently running VSync, TB , Unlimited),YOKO+ yoke, VF TQ6+,TPR pedals, Logitech Multi, Switch, and Radio Panels

Software:  P3Dv4.5HF3 Pro, Ultimate Traffic Live, ASP3D, ASCA, ORBX, Fly Tampa, GSX/GSX2, PMDG, A2A, Just Flight, Milviz, Carenado, Majestic.

On other computer: P3D v3.2.3, My Traffic 6.0a, PMDG, ORBX, A2A, Captain Sim , iFly, Flight 1, Flysimware, Just Flight, Milviz, Carenado

I'm done. Downloading P3D right now. I have had enough. This has been a struggle for me from almost day one. I came from P3D version 3.5 which I had for years, ran it on an i5 at 3.1 GHZ and it ran like a clock. Good FPS, no crashes, no lockups, not even any tweaks, and aircraft like the Q400, and about a half dozen A2a aircraft, PMDG 737, etc. Now I have aircraft that can even track a LOC on autopilot, switches that don't work, altimeters that have to be reset every few miles, the list goes on and on.  

I had 2 100+ mile flights today, I have to worry about where I fly, how long the flight is because MSFS seems to spaz out after around 100 miles, and I still worry the entire flight about when is it going to quit, or lock up, or crash, or CTD. Both of my flights today wound up in a CTD ( with the last one, the screen froze and I had to use task manager to kill it. ) Maybe in a year, I will try reinstalling MSFS, and see if they have managed to fix all the broken things. 

Edited by Bobsk8
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I'm done. Downloading P3D right now. I have had enough. 

😂😂😂

37 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I'm done. Downloading P3D right now. I have had enough. This has been a struggle for me from almost day one. I came from P3D version 3.5 which I had for years, ran it on an i5 at 3.1 GHZ and it ran like a clock. Good FPS, no crashes, no lockups, not even any tweaks, and aircraft like the Q400, and about a half dozen A2a aircraft, PMDG 737, etc. Now I have aircraft that can even track a LOC on autopilot, switches that don't work, altimeters that have to be reset every few miles, the list goes on and on.  

I had 2 100+ mile flights today, I have to worry about where I fly, how long the flight is because MSFS seems to spaz out after around 100 miles, and I still worry the entire flight about when is it going to quit, or lock up, or crash, or CTD. Both of my flights today wound up in a CTD ( with the last one, the screen froze and I had to use task manager to kill it. ) Maybe in a year, I will try reinstalling MSFS, and see if they have managed to fix all the broken things. 

No sir , don't give up. I came all the way from Africa, after reading your post, and did a quick flight from KISP into KFRG and landed RWY19 at KFRG. Had no problems, frame rate average 28 with not a single stutter for the whole duration of flight.

All settings are on ULTRA, Render Scaling = 200 [I have 1080p display] ,  Terrain LOD = 200.

Specs: Intel i7 - 6850k @ 3.60 Ghz  / SSD / Palit  2070 RTX Super with 8Gb RAM /  System RAM  - 32GB

Are you using rolling cache ?. Have you cleared it after yesterday update ?

Greetings

Edited by SAPilot
spelling
  • Like 1

Intel i7 - 9700K @ 3.60 GHz   |   Asus RTX 3080  |  32 GB RAM  |  Saitek ProFlight Yoke System and Rudder Pedals | X-Touch Mini | Honeycomb Bravo TQ

44 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

As invested as I am in P3D, I am finding it more and more difficult to go back regardless of the issues with MSFS. It's becoming too much of a step backwards at this point. I will do an occasional NGX flight, but I end up missing the environmental and cloud rendering in MSFS. P3D just doesn't cut it anymore. Unless LM can speed up the update process and get EA working as it should, it's kind meh at this point.  

• Like 2

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

I dont get any stutters, settings all at High but 1080P my rig is medium, 3gb 1060GTx, I5 16RAM 2Tbt SSD

I wonder if people claiming serious "pause festival" as someone put it but without specs in ther message, I wonder if they are referring to Ultra settings in 4K  (or VR another experimetal area) or external hardwares interacting, home-made cockpits etc

You should know by now that Microsoft Flightsims NEVER run smooth at the maximum settings, never did since FS98 days. It will only run smooth at 4K when a new flightsim generation is released at a higher standard

Guys, 4K is  an experiment, the first flightsim on it, there has never been a flightsim in 4K, plus 4K is only nice if you use large TV sets and want to have the same crispy detail as a 27inch monitor, from a distance (like when you watch Netlfix in the living room)

But I guess nobody does that, flightsim is for MONITORS, desktop medium monitors, because we like to be close to the screen, like in a real plane from the front panel.

I REALLY have no stutters after this update and had very little before it, not to the extent many cry as unplayable.

Other issues to look or to state when you post "still have stutters" issues are things like multiplayer on, vatsim, live AI traffic, external mods or addons interacting with the sim and ...last but nopt least WINDOWS settings, programs eating cpu resources. Basically I dont believe none of you.

Users are so vast in stuff connected to their PCs that all comments are untrustable. For every stutter there is a reason and its in your system.

1080P, Joystick Microsoft Sidewinder II (1999), no pedals, no external programs...no stutters

To me people crying are guys that have their system messed up, it controls them instead of them in charge of their system

Edited by kapitan
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1