Sign in to follow this  
Treetops45

Milviz Corsair?

Let me put this way we have 98% of aircraft for MSFS right now that are dumbed and only few that are not! It's not fair for us who  are craving for more complex in-depth aircraft and enjoy managing thing close to realistic manner to have plane downgraded. It's no complicated to properly manage Corsair engine! 18 years old flew them to the war  and they knew nothing about computers (which way more complicated)!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

49 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

🙄 I take it you never land in your "squadron" or you would want that also made toy like...Just explain what would be left, an aircraft that takes no skill to takeoff and fly and by the sound of it you dont even land because thats also as difficuilt as takeing off.

So you want Milviz to take the best hand on aircraft we have imo and make it a toy becasue you find it difficult!

I can takeoff and land pretty well after lots of practice.   The oil splat comes from nowhere sometimes, with temps down, and everything open.

I don't think they need to change the plane, just make it an option, as Asobo has done with the simulator.

I guess if sales don't matter but to people who want ultimate realism, then that is their business model.  I just know 5 people personally, that are frustrated beyond flying it,  and say they won't buy another one from Melviz.  

That may not make a difference, but I don't think they are alone..

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, karlz said:

I can takeoff and land pretty well after lots of practice.   The oil splat comes from nowhere sometimes, with temps down, and everything open.

I don't think they need to change the plane, just make it an option, as Asobo has done with the simulator.

I guess if sales don't matter but to people who want ultimate realism, then that is their business model.  I just know 5 people personally, that are frustrated beyond flying it,  and say they won't buy another one from Melviz.  

That may not make a difference, but I don't think they are alone..

and you can see far more than 5 here hate what you 5 are trying to do.

Turn down you RPM for a start.

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

10 minutes ago, kaosfere said:

Oh good grief, can we not do this?  I, for one, don't hate "what you 5 are trying to do".  My preference is not to have the sauce weakened, but hating others for requesting a change is... a bit of an over-reaction, don't you think?  It's possible for people to have preferences other than yours, and to express them, without them being loathsome human beings worthy of hate.

They're customers giving feedback.  MilViz will take it into account or not.   If they make non-trivial changes that alter the fundamental nature of the plane, hopefully they'll be optional.   And if not...  I'll be disappointed.  But I won't hold it for even a heartbeat upon the people who want something different.

FFS.

I dont mind there being option to turn thing off and ON, what I do mind is the though that Milviz turn this into yet another yawn of an aircraft. You even agree with that.

Its not like he and his friends dont have countless aircraft to choose from is it?

" being loathsome human beings worthy of hate" dont talk rubbish. The line is if you followed this topic is Milviz were going to down grade this aircraft for people that want a toy. " I dont want the engine to go bang" Thats what am agiest. If people want toys fine good for them but I dont want the FG turning into one. if you dont like that pov fine each to there own. I dont hate people for wanting that so dont put words into my mouth, that I do hate.

FFS

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Ok... we've gone over this and.... we're not going to "dumb" it down... we ARE going to allow those who don't want it... to turn it off.  Clicking on the CHT gauge will do it.

Edited by Milviz
  • Like 5

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

1 minute ago, Milviz said:

Ok... we've gone over this and.... we're not going to "dumb" it down... we ARE going to allow those who don't want it... to turn it off.  Clicking on the CHT gauge will do it.

Great we all can be happy.

Thank you.

We do try to keep things balanced... if we can.  The inablity for us to "turn" it off via assistance menu is something we will need to look at as well.

As for timeline... figure, about another week... possibly two.  We're going as fast as we can... 

LOTS of new stuff as well.

• Like 2

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

24 minutes ago, Milviz said:

to "turn" it off via assistance menu is something we will need to look at as well.

This is Asobo's philosophy (or at least what they say....). The assistance panel is made just for that. I hope that you can use the "engine stress damage" option.

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

I wish... but so far, we haven't figured out how to use it. 

8 hours ago, leprechaunlive said:

Also, ALWAYS manually set your CG, before every flight. "New" CG UI is bugged and resets the empty CG to LEMAC upon loading the plane.

I don't know why Asobo added the CG slider the way they did.  CG should be set by the aircraft author.   It might be reasonable to add a 'tweak' setting +/- but it should always default to what the aircraft maker picked.  It's not like I can just hop in an aircraft and move the CG around. 

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

1 hour ago, marsman2020 said:

I don't know why Asobo added the CG slider the way they did.  CG should be set by the aircraft author.   It might be reasonable to add a 'tweak' setting +/- but it should always default to what the aircraft maker picked.  It's not like I can just hop in an aircraft and move the CG around. 

Spoiler alert, even Asobo doesnt know 😄 aparently its to stop people messing with the cfg's. Yoi can actually move the CG around IRL, but not the EMPTY CG. (yes, actually you can, but on very specific cases). Having a slider that moves the empty CG around was just asking for troubles. and sure enough, troubles came 🙂

ok guys, let's stop the bickering and stay on topic.

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Please...

Just now, Milviz said:

Please...

On topic..

When high over 10000ft I find you have to bring the mixture right back to close to cut off. 
Is this right or a bug or a MSFS problem. 
I normally fly very low, 1000-3000 ft I use auto rich and auto lean. But when I did a flight going high I wondered what was happening. I thought wrongly that auto lean was cruise mixture setting?

I was trying to set up a button for centering rudder and aileron (trim). Does't work. Or is this an MSFS flaw? 

Karl

i9-9900K@5,0   |  32GB 3200  |  2080TI  |  4K 55"  |  MSFS | P3D V5