Sign in to follow this  
Dutch727

Update on progress with the Cessna 310R from Milviz

We know there's quite a bit of anticipation for our release of the C310 for MSFS and so we're here to give you a short update containing some good news and some not-so-great news.

Let's deal with the not-so-great first.

At Milviz we're committed and determined to release only top-notch products for MSFS that not only meet current standards for visuals and systems but exceed them and raise the bar for ourselves and others to follow.

After a through review of the model and textures for our C310R we've found that some significant parts need to be revised to raise that bar for GA in MSFS. That revision will take some time. Exactly how long we can't say because artwork like this is not an exact science to say the least. It may extend the release date by a couple of months or more. We can't and we won't release anything less than the best.

We know this will be disappointing for those waiting to get their hands on a high-quality, fast IFR twin for MSFS but the reward, after the wait, will be an aircraft second to none in visuals and systems depth in the GA arena.

The good news is that while the model upgrade work is proceeding the systems and flight model guys will have some additional time to further deepen and refine. I'm the systems guy and I'll personally commit to you that this 310R will be as accurate and detailed a simulation as is possible to have in MSFS at this time, with every detail implemented authentically and some features not yet seen in any GA aircraft for MSFS as of this writing.

Determined work is going forward every day by the whole team to give you a C310R you'll be proud to own and love to fly.
  • Like 24

Charles "Dutch" Owen - Developer at Military Visualizations - currently working on the C310R and SR-71A project for MSFS.

Willing to be patient. After all that's what many of us are doing with MSFS itself.  Avionics, weather, communications, navdata.  We know how elements can converge to create  a "perfect storm"  Perhaps this will all come together around the same time to create a perfect clearing of the sky with immersion into a fresh user-experience.  Like a nice rainbow...

I just logged 4+ hours this week in the splendid Milviz 310R for FSX SE so I am not SOL over this.

Edited by fppilot
  • Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Little of topic. Do you guys have plan any enhancement of your another masterpiece Corsair ?

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

Quite excited for it! Also, I still would love to see the 737-200 in MSFS one day...

PC specs: i5-12400F, RTX 3070 Ti and 32 GB of RAM.

Simulators I'm using: X-Plane 12, Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) and FlightGear.

Thanks for the update! I am really looking forward to the release of your 310R!

System: i7-10700K, Asus Formula XII, 32GB ram, Samsung 2TB NVMe SSD, EVGA FTW 3090, HP Reverb G2 headset

Hardware: VitualFly Yoko yoke, VirtualFly TQ6 throttle quadrant, Thrustmaster TPR pedals, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS

Simulations: MSFS 2020 (VR), P3Dv5.3 (VR), X-Plane 11.5 (VR), DCS (VR)

If the Corsair is anything to go by it will be worth the wait...

• Like 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

58 minutes ago, regis9 said:

If the Corsair is anything to go by it will be worth the wait...

The Corsair (built by a great team) didn't just raise the bar for MSFS warbirds, it raised it for us too.  We on the 310 can't possibly fall below their standard, and plan to up it maybe a little bit. 

• Like 3

Charles "Dutch" Owen - Developer at Military Visualizations - currently working on the C310R and SR-71A project for MSFS.

I have been really looking forward to the release of the 310R and so very much appreciate this update very much.  I'm happy to wait until such time as it takes to get to your satisfaction that it's ready, and as a result I just bought the F1G Corsair in order to show support as well as tide me over for a while.  Thanks very much.

• Like 1

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

@Dutch727 are you able to talk yet about the systems we will see in the MSFS C310 ?

For example are you able to do a custom KAP140 AP along the lines of the P3D one ?

1 hour ago, Dutch727 said:

The Corsair (built by a great team) didn't just raise the bar for MSFS warbirds, it raised it for us too.  We on the 310 can't possibly fall below their standard, and plan to up it maybe a little bit. 

I love the internal competition!

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

47 minutes ago, Matchstick said:

@Dutch727 are you able to talk yet about the systems we will see in the MSFS C310 ?

For example are you able to do a custom KAP140 AP along the lines of the P3D one ?

Glad to answer all questions about the C310R, except ones that ask for a release date 🙂

Yes, the KAP140 in the C310R will work like a KAP140 should.  In fact it already does, that part is done, unless someone finds bugs.

Edited by Dutch727

4 hours ago, sd_flyer said:

Little of topic. Do you guys have plan any enhancement of your another masterpiece Corsair ?

I'm not on that team and can't speak about enhancement decisions at this point but I do know there's a fairly long list of corrections and improvements that will be sent in an update in the not too distant future.  When, I don't know, but there's never any but necessary delay to get fixes out to customers.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Dutch727 said:

Glad to answer all questions about the C310R, except ones that ask for a release date 🙂

Yes, the KAP140 in the C310R will work like a KAP140 should.  In fact it already does, that part is done, unless someone finds bugs.

Brilliant ! Now all you have to do is say you'll be modelling the Turbo Engines 🙂

Edited by Matchstick

5 hours ago, Dutch727 said:
... that this 310R will be as accurate and detailed a simulation as is possible to have in MSFS at this time...

That said, the question is: what is possible in MSFS at this time?

Karl

i9-9900K@5,0   |  32GB 3200  |  2080TI  |  4K 55"  |  MSFS | P3D V5

36 minutes ago, kaha said:

That said, the question is: what is possible in MSFS at this time?

Karl

The short answer is: in terms of what we need in the C310R there's nothing missing that prevents a full systems implementation that we know of now.  For the model there are no significant roadblocks except for the time-consuming tedium involved.  Textures are not logically complex but involve lots of time doing high-intensity art.  It's the flight model that will show up some things we wish we could do that don't work exactly right in the sim and we can't (at this time) find a workaround.  We'll do all we can in the FDE parameters to produce a high fidelity 310 that flies like a real one based on testing from real-world 310 pilots.   But this won't be perfect as I think everyone knows at this point, until some changes are made in the base sim.

Edited by Dutch727
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1