Sign in to follow this  
bean_sprout

Is MSFS Awesome?

Of course but why?  Being an ECO dude I like to look at the geo patterns.  This is art to many looking for a venue to display the world in digital.  MSFS is it.

bs

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

"Awesome" ?  Your Union teachers used that word every day during high school ?  Nothing but  Woke BS.

Hyperbole knows no bounds anymore. 

• Upvote 1

Dave Swigert

WIN 10/  i7-9700K@4.8 GHz/ 32 GB ram/ BENQ BL3200 monitor/ NVIDIA GTX1080 TI video

Awesome also was attributed to Michael Jordan.

Cheers

bs

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

It’s on its way to being awesome.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 5

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

1 hour ago, Eclex said:

"Awesome" ?  Your Union teachers used that word every day during high school ?  Nothing but  Woke BS.

I was in the UAW and the Utility Workers for over 35 years.  Maybe we should try harder to keep politics out of this.

Joe Alferio

• Like 6
  • Upvote 7

• i9-9900K + 2080 Ti | 1TB PCIe + 32GB RAM.  Dell 24 inch monitor.  Thrust master T16000 stick, throttles, and pedals.
    FSX and MSFS.

1 hour ago, Joe Alferio said:

I was in the UAW and the Utility Workers for over 35 years.  Maybe we should try harder to keep politics out of this.

Joe Alferio

Machinist Union. Airline employee for 36 years.

NAX669.png

1 hour ago, Joe Alferio said:

Joe Alferio

So? Now you know how the 93% NOT in unions feel.

• Like 1

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

3 hours ago, Eclex said:

"Awesome" pre-dates "woke" by a long shot.  The 80s at least :rolleyes:

• Like 2

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

I think very apropos:  Most Amazon employees, for whatever reason, gave a big thumbs-down on unionizing...

BTW - I was in a union for 28 years, and another 20 years still getting that union's retirement benefits.

• Like 1

1) MSFS is awesome, the greatest computer sim or game ever. I think 20 years from now that will still be true.

2) When and where there are no unions, say 1921 at the Ford Motor Company building, the employer - employee negotiation might have went something like this:

Applicant: "I am an experienced welder with a solid recommendation letter from my previous work in a little carriage shop. I can do any welding task efficiently and my work is handsome to look at. If you refuse my asked for terms, then you will lose my services.

Personnel department manager: "We have 972 welding jobs here at the Dearborn Ford Assembly plant. If you turn down our offer you lose out on all of them.

It's like a poker game that starts with two players, one has 972 chips stacked in front of him, the other has 1.

If the negotiation was with a union rep: then the rep could say "I have 481 qualified welders in my union, if we do not agree on terms to hire one of these, then you lose out on all of their services. Now we have a two handed poker game with both sides having a large stack of chips.

Laissez faire capitalism worked really great in the really old days, say the early 1600's where lets say a typical gunsmith or shoemaker worked in a little two person shop. And produced more efficient economies and higher standards of living than royal or feudal systems.

As the industrial revolution aggregated jobs opportunities together into large enterprises, so did labor unite together as well. Without that unification the whole economy would tend to break down and wither into a shambles. Witness the era of about the 1890's or so when one man owned 95%+ of all the steel being produced in America. Another man the same for oil and so forth.

Along came the reformers of the early 1900's, such as Teddy Roosevelt and the U.S. would became the greatest economy in the world. The highest wealth in the greatest number of individual's hands of any nation in history of the world. Unions played a major part of that reform where the good life became the norm instead of the rarity.

Edited by Fielder
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 3

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

1 hour ago, Orlaam said:

"Awesome" pre-dates "woke" by a long shot.  The 80s at least :rolleyes:

Make that the 1580's - as referenced above by @crimplene

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

Awesome union ...

f3b8079891d67e216c2fe74bb06f6c46.jpg

Edited by OSM
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

A totally bitchin’ game fer shur

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

The sim is only as good as it is today. As in right now. As of right now, it is total cr@p!

So to the OP, the answer is an emphatic NO!

Nuff said.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 3

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor