Sign in to follow this  
bean_sprout

Is MSFS Awesome?

11 minutes ago, kaosfere said:

I know I should just let this go, but I'm feeling saucy today.   So:  good luck discussing the universal and constant evolution of language and our need to adapt to it with individual(s) who unironically try to use "woke" as an insult.  😄

Trust me, I've no intention of getting into that discussion 🙂  Sometimes it's enough just to throw in a cite.

• Like 1

Paul Skol

Hmm - this was alot of fun.  Need to think of another thread.  Maybe "Is MSFS AMAZING?"

It is still interesting why some are having the time of their life with MSFS (like me) and some are miserable. Well for those feeling pain, now you know what it was like for me having to fly over lego-land terrain with FSX / P3D for all those years.

Cheers

bs

Edited by bean_sprout
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

No one is having "the time of there life" although some might say "the time of their life."  😉

• Like 1

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]

45 minutes ago, bean_sprout said:

now you know what it was like for me having to fly over lego-land terrain with FSX / P3D for all those years.

That may be so, but I think that the terrain in P3D is good enough for use with fully functioning and capable aircraft such as PMDG, FSL and Maddog etc.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

David Porrett

1 minute ago, DavidP said:

That may be so, but I think that the terrain in P3D is good enough for use with fully functioning and capable aircraft such as PMDG, FSL and Maddog etc.

Even the military need the sensual feedback of the terrain.  Without the ground detail its a game and NOT a simulator.

regards

bs

• Like 1

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

38 minutes ago, bean_sprout said:

Even the military need the sensual feedback of the terrain.  Without the ground detail its a game and NOT a simulator.

regards

bs

Oh there you go again.  Popcorn

• Upvote 1

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Could this be the first thread which actually managed to go off-topic within the very first post?🤔

Edited by 109Sqn

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

13 hours ago, pmplayer said:

It is just a fine Flightsim and it gets better and better

I dont agree that it is getting better, My opinion is that it has gone backwards in some ways from the initial release.

Edited by Brandon01110
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

MSFS Alpha tester on W10 Pro x64. Hardware: AMD 5900X 12 core CPU. Cooler Master ML360R AIO, Asus X570-E mobo, Asus Strix 3090 24GB gfx card, G.Skill TridentZ 64GB (4x16) DDR4-3600 RAM, Samsung 970 250GB SSD (OS), Samsung 980 Pro 1TB M.2 pcie-4 NVMe SSD (MSFS install). EVGA 850w Gold cert PSU, CUK Continuum full ATX tower.  43" Sceptre 4K display. VR: HP Reverb G2.

On 4/9/2021 at 8:58 PM, Eclex said:

"Awesome" ?  Your Union teachers used that word every day during high school ?  Nothing but  Woke BS.

Uh, this time in English please.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Paul_Yorks said:

Merriam-webster.com:

Is the Word awesome Overused?

Many object to the use of awesome to describe something (such as a sandwich) that does not literally elicit feelings of awe. Yet the same people who insist that awesome should be used only of weighty subjects (Niagara Falls, man landing on the moon) will happily use the word awful in reference to something (such as a mess) that falls distinctly short of being “full of awe.” This weakened sense was once considered improper – in fact, complaints about it persisted through the early decades of the 20th century.

The change in meaning that awesome is undergoing may be more recent than that of awful, but both words are treading the same path. For evidence that such change is normal, we need look no further than awe, which originally meant “terror” and now carries the weaker sense “wonder.”

Awesome is an Americanism like the word cool. For some reason, even here in the UK, the world readily adopts American slang and spelling which so debases my native language. 

4 hours ago, jarmstro said:

the world readily adopts American slang and spelling which so debases my native language. 

The price of success 😉

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

50 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

success

Please, I suggest to replace with: "Laziness and lack of imagination"...

4 minutes ago, Jean-Claude said:

Please, I suggest to replace with: "Laziness and lack of imagination"...

What I meant is that English has become the lingua franca over the whole world, a great success for any language, and that inevitably carries regional colloquialisms. The English I worked with in India had a specific flavor not to be found in  the English I used in the Southern US (my favorite English 😄) for instance. Not only accents. Nothing lazy here.

Now, we are speaking of another English, the rudimentary English of the marketing people : can’t wait, cool, awesome, excited. The blurby (neologism ?) English. Lazyness, decline of the education system or demagoguery to reach out to the youngsters ? I would bet for the latter. 

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

11 hours ago, andyjohnston.net said:

No one is having "the time of there life" although some might say "the time of their life."  😉

No they're not !

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

"Super" is the most over-used word at the moment. It's a pandemic. "I am super stoked to tell you . . .", "I am super excited about this new makeup. . .", "It's just a super cool little app for organising your bins. . ."

Arggggghhhhhhhhhh!