Sign in to follow this  
jpe828

A2A Update

1 hour ago, Bobsk8 said:

12,000 ft without O2...  Not thrilled with that idea. 

Yup, 12,000 feet without oxygen is still potentially dangerous. Strictly speaking, once you get above about 8,000 feet hypoxia effects start to kick in, although many aviation authorities don't make it mandatory to use oxygen until typically around 12-14,000 feet if up there for more than half an hour (depending on the country). If you fly regularly, you can easily demonstrate that over 8,000 feet it will be affecting your cognition and motor skills, with a fairly simple test...

Get some paper and draw a simple illustration such as a house or a tree when on the ground and write the altitude on the paper, then when you get above 8,000 feet, get another bit of paper and draw the same thing and write the altitude on that as well. When you land, compare the drawings of the same thing and you will see a quite alarming difference in the two drawings, even with just a bit of reduced oxygen flow.

Of course the other great thing about having oxygen in your aeroplane, is that on a Sunday morning if you're a bit hungover, if you take a few whiffs of oxygen prior to dragging your aeroplane out of the hangar, you'll find that hangover is gone. 🤣

Edited by Chock
  • Like 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I am psyched for the Comanche...by far my most flown plane in FSX. However, my wish is to eventually see the Connie. In my opinion it was the pinnacle of how far the envelope could be pushed in FSX,  a truly remarkable collection of ones and zeros. 

1 hour ago, Bobsk8 said:

12,000 ft without O2...  Not thrilled with that idea. 

As we age yes. When I was younger and ferried airplanes at 12500ft wasn't a biggy. Now of course I prefer lower, but legally speaking we still can fly that altitude without oxygen 

• Like 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

12 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

As we age yes. When I was younger and ferried airplanes at 12500ft wasn't a biggy. Now of course I prefer lower, but legally speaking we still can fly that altitude without oxygen 

Yup, you can stand it a bit better when younger. What amazes me is that WW1 pilots, from 1917 onwards would frequently patrol up at 15-20,000 feet, and I do sometimes wonder how much this affected their judgement as far as tactics were concerned. Some of the fancier reconnaissance German two seaters were equipped with oxygen systems, but most were not. The vast majority of pilots reported having really bad headaches after such patrols, and that in combination with the castor oil affecting their guts, must have made this a fairly miserable experience.

• Like 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

The Comanche 250 was awesome. I hope they bring all the features to MSFS. Including the walkaround, checklists, engine modeling and such. 

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

Bump. One year later, any recent news? That I'm aware of the last update from A2A was almost six months ago claiming that development was full steam ahead and all the major obstacles had finally been cleared.

3 minutes ago, Charlie_Foxtrot said:

Bump. One year later, any recent news? That I'm aware of the last update from A2A was almost six months ago claiming that development was full steam ahead and all the major obstacles had finally been cleared.

maybe they wait for some updates so they can model the flight behaviour better

A2A are very secretive. You never know anything is going to drop, until about a month before it happens.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

I miss Heidi

Heck I'll even settle for Bob while I wait

Edited by saifs

2 hours ago, Charlie_Foxtrot said:

I read on the a2a forums from Scott that they hope to have a video soon.  Soon can mean a lot of different things lol.

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I was under the impression that A2A were out when it comes to msfs … not sure why I thought that. 

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

They won't show up until MSFS SDK will allow them to show up. They won't give up "accu-sim" and I sure don't put blame on them for that.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's