Sign in to follow this  
martin-w

Never show off driving a speed boat!

Speedboat??  I didn't notice a speedboat!  Maybe I was concentrating on the wrong thing?  🤔

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

47 minutes ago, charliearon said:

Speedboat??  I didn't notice a speedboat!  Maybe I was concentrating on the wrong thing?  🤔

Did you mean that Dolphin passing by? 🦈

• Like 2

Thing is, even before it all goes wrong, the passengers don't actually look like they're having fun, they're just hanging on like crazy, wondering when it will stop, and everyone is trying to be too cool to tell the driver to stop being douchebag. And the driver is obviously a complete tool, since he either wasn't aware of how his passengers felt about it, or he was ignoring it.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

1 hour ago, martin-w said:

Did you mean that Dolphin passing by? 🦈

A lovely pair of dolphins, at that!  Like a couple of puppies fighting under a blanket! 😄

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

1 hour ago, Chock said:

Thing is, even before it all goes wrong, the passengers don't actually look like they're having fun, they're just hanging on like crazy, wondering when it will stop, and everyone is trying to be too cool to tell the driver to stop being douchebag. And the driver is obviously a complete tool, since he either wasn't aware of how his passengers felt about it, or he was ignoring it.

Yep, the guy was an absolute jerk (the moment he gets thrown to the side like a rag doll is quite comical in a bizarre "he had it coming" way), but I feel really sorry for the girl standing in the middle, she seems to have gotten tossed around quite badly...

3 hours ago, martin-w said:

Speed Boat

An oldie, but a goodie!  Having grown up on small boats in Florida, and being retired Navy, I spent an hour or better picking this video apart and trhe lessons are many.  Always good to see this stuff get resurrected, particuarly before summer (in the Northern Hemisphere anyway) when a lot of people who know nothing about operating watercraft will take the waterways.

Thanks for sharing!

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

10 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

An oldie, but a goodie!  Having grown up on small boats in Florida, and being retired Navy, I spent an hour or better picking this video apart and trhe lessons are many.  Always good to see this stuff get resurrected, particuarly before summer (in the Northern Hemisphere anyway) when a lot of people who know nothing about operating watercraft will take the waterways.

Thanks for sharing!

Waiting for Memorial Day weekend, and the stories on the news of many drunken marine mishaps on Lake McConaughy...

• Upvote 1

COSIMbanner_AVSIM3.jpg

1 hour ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Thanks for sharing!

My daughter keeps going on about one day getting a rib Dave, so any tips are welcome.

I imagine this guys error was evident, namely, excessive velocity?

6 minutes ago, Penzoil3 said:

Let's add; no life jackets, and most probably alcohol.

Alcohol?  Nah!   Never heard of boaters drinking and driving.  Maybe drinking and not driving would be more like it.  Reminds me of a couple of houseboat trips I did with fellow service techs and sales people.🍻🍺🍸🍷

Charlie Aron

This one pops up a few times now but it makes me laugh every time. The Aussie Man has the best commentary of them all 🤣

Edited by Matthew Kane

Matthew Kane

Well at least he seems to have had a stop cord attached.  A couple of years ago in this neck of the woods some well heeled holidaymaker was showing off in a RHIB when he and his family were thrown into the water.  The engine kept going in circles and the boat killed him and one of his children.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cornwall-22560652

Edited by ailchim
Added link

ngxu_banner.png

22 hours ago, martin-w said:

My daughter keeps going on about one day getting a rib Dave, so any tips are welcome.

Tell her Eve already did that, and didn't stop taking after that!  LOL!

Not sure where she plans to operate at/in and what she plans do to with it, it makes a big difference for boat selection. The best advice is to go to a reputable dealer and get their advice... which would be far better than mine as they should be far more up to date than I am.

Best wishes to you both!

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.