Sign in to follow this  
-Belga-

PMDG is coming to MSFS

3 minutes ago, omarsmak30 said:

Sorry but since when there is a perfect software from version 1.0 and with the complexity of MSFS?

Never - Hence why software get updates to fix bugs and add features regardless of the type of software it is. I'm surprised some people can't actually remember the launch of FSX.

Edited by Zangoose
  • Like 6

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

15 minutes ago, fakeflyer737 said:

Im glad they're getting away from P3D and getting with the times.

I am also glad to see them serious about MFS but I do not see why I should be glad to see them getting away from P3D. I fly MFS and have  no intention to go back to P3D, at least until v6, but we certainly need several simulators around, for history has told us that MS is not a reliable company in the game business.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

5 minutes ago, w6kd said:

No, this is the problem.  In a virtual world, people often tend to declare victory based on sugar plum fairy visions of what they imagine they have, and not on what's actually in front of them.

I want MSFS to be what MS/Asobo said it would be.  My expectations are no more than what they advertised.

Releasing a product that came up way short of what was promised from the very first viewing of their promotional video at E3, and then making improvements towards getting the product up to those specs is not "progress".  It's remediation.  And that remediation is being done in fits and starts that repeatedly make the platform and everything running on it unstable.  PMDG sure looks to be attempting to defy the conventional wisdom by building their proverbial house on a bed of shifting sand--only time will tell if they can overcome those sorts of headwinds without stirring their user base into an angry hornet's nest.  I wish them success, but it sure smells like trouble ahead.

seems like you have a lot invested in p3d so its in your best interest to talk bad about msfs. MSFS has lived up to the hype and more. A game of this scope is bound to have bugs. Every game has them, even p3d and xp still has bugs. Bugs which have been there for a long time. None of the sims are perfect but msfs comes close

• Like 3

Imho MSFS is flawed (my Live weather is stuck since days!!!) and it doesn't live up to the advertisement (stock aircraft word probably not allowed), but I haven't used any other Sim since launch - because besides everything else it's that good!  I am confident that PMDG will manage to adjust with every Sim update, although I'm also aware that this may take some time in some instances. On the other hand: If a company states it is "all in" - what choice do they have?

Speaking of "all in": Aerosoft is, now RSR claimed to be "all in", and we are yet to hear from FSLabs and Majestic. Any bets?

Gigabyte Aorus Z390Master, i9-9900k @ 5.1 Ghz all cores, RTX 2080, 32 GB RAM

2 minutes ago, Tom_L said:

Imho MSFS is flawed (my Live weather is stuck since days!!!) and it doesn't live up to the advertisement (stock aircraft word probably not allowed), but I haven't used any other Sim since launch - because besides everything else it's that good!  I am confident that PMDG will manage to adjust with every Sim update, although I'm also aware that this may take some time in some instances. On the other hand: If a company states it is "all in" - what choice do they have?

Speaking of "all in": Aerosoft is, now RSR claimed to be "all in", and we are yet to hear from FSLabs and Majestic. Any bets?

Not only all in. They said their complete fleet by the end of the year, all in. That's a huge commitment to a platform that is supposed to be a "scenery simulator". There is big storm coming in.

Edited by fogboundturtle
  • Like 6

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

Making add ons for P3D and X Plane will soon be like making movies for VHS tapes 

• Like 17

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

4 minutes ago, Tom_L said:

My bet is on Majestic. I want their Q400 bad. Thats the only plane that would make me go back to p3d lol

and Leonardo Maddog MD-82/83/88

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bobsk8 said:

Making add ons for P3D and X Plane will soon be like making movies for VHS tapes 

hahahahaha

12 minutes ago, Tom_L said:

and we are yet to hear from FSLabs and Majestic. Any bets?

FSLabs I don't see them coming anytime soon and even if, give them at least 5 years lol. Majestic, I am pretty sure we will hear some announcement from them in this year, Dash 8 Q400 will be a perfect plane for MSFS and I am sure it will be a big hit

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

Just took a look at the pmdg forum and this post stood out lmao

"With this announcement I see very clearly that PMDG is being dazzled by the candy for the eyes. I feel that this platform is not a simulator for me or, well, it lacks a lot even for my personal point. I'll look at that little game like super mario arcade. the controls like the keyboard and mouse the latter as JOKE was not implemented as in FSX, FS2004 and like the P3D and that makes me very crude even and among many other things. I will wait 5 years and see how the development of that game is going for now I will be faithful to P3D. but personally I am very happy for PMDG that it seeks new horizons for the new generation of simulation players. I think that the idea, the dreams, the wishes, the dreams of the B767 for P3D have died with this announcement for at least another 6 or more years and I will cry because PMDG is the only frankenstein that could give a real life to that Aircraft and maybe to the iconic B727. So for those of us who are lovers of these two aircraft, we will only have to carry them in our thoughts. Rob and PMDG always wish you the best frown.png"

• Like 3

The storm is coming....I bet there will be a lot of P3D faithful who will bad either sad or have to rethink their view on MSFS.

2 hours ago, w6kd said:

Sorry, sport, but it's reasonable--prudent, in fact--to consider the past when contemplating the future.

I think that even an experienced outfit like PMDG is going to find itself riding the whirlwind w/r/t to dealing with the platform instability that wave after wave of buggy updates keeps bringing.  I just can't imagine (and doubt they can either) the hue and cry we'd see if PMDG's birds go out of service every couple of weeks due to a continuing onslaught of poorly-tested updates coming out of Asobo.  Maybe (let us all hope) PMDG is up to the task *and* has enough stamina over the long run that they won't cut and run like they did with the DC-6 in XPlane.  I make no assertion they can/cannot or will/will not.  I like the company, but have a realistic view of their chances, all optimism, hopes and prayers aside.  But given the history thus far with the platform, I need more than hope before I start rejoicing.

If you are going to add things for dramatic effect to emphasize your point it should at least be closer to the truth. It not it just makes you look less intelligent than the average user on AVsim. 

• Like 2

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

36 minutes ago, w6kd said:

No, this is the problem:  In a virtual world, people often tend to declare victory based on sugar plum fairy visions of what they imagine they have, and not on what's actually in front of them.

I want MSFS to be what MS/Asobo said it would be.  My expectations are no more than what they advertised.

Releasing a product that came up way short of what was promised from the very first viewing of their promotional video at E3, and then making improvements towards getting the product up to those specs is not "progress".  It's remediation.  And that remediation is being done in fits and starts that repeatedly make the platform and everything running on it unstable.  PMDG sure looks to be attempting to defy the conventional wisdom by building their proverbial house on a bed of shifting sand--only time will tell if they can overcome those sorts of headwinds without stirring their user base into an angry hornet's nest.  I wish them success, but it sure smells like trouble ahead.

I think you need to get a life, clam down and not take it all so seriously. It's just a computer program.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, w6kd said:

No, I'm not hoping it fails.  I'm actually hoping that one day it actually lives up to its advertising. 

For me, if I compare the 8 month mark of MSFS and the 8 month mark of FSX, MSFS is wildly successful so far.  I remember in FSX, we got like what, 1 patch after 8 months?  And the devs in FSX weren't holding monthly Q&A sessions on live stream.

After 8 months of MSFS, the devs have a monthly live stream and take questions from the community.  Plus, we have had so many patches in the last 8 months, compared to FSX.

• Like 7

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM