Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

Horrible sim performance after patch 1.16.2.0

AI traffic is the FPS killer for me. I think they upped the amount of it for a given setting  in the update. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, jarmstro said:

AI traffic is the FPS killer for me. I think they upped the amount of it for a given setting  in the update. 

I think also, I changes from Livetraffic to KI-Traffic and the frames are back.

Stephan from Germany

My System

I suspect that Asobo is currently devoting almost all their attention to the forthcoming DX12 release and not really worrying much about repairing the current DX11 version. We'll soon find out.

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

The more objects that can be seen in the scenery the more load on the system.

If Asobo has upped the density and range of trees that surely will have an effect on FPS.

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

8 minutes ago, GSalden said:

If Asobo has upped the density and range of trees that surely will have an effect on FPS.

They have not... Tree distance is the same as it was when they broke it with Sim Update 3.

Edited by Dillon

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Try turning off real world traffic and it should solve the problem. They did say they increased the number of planes. In every other sim more planes = worse performance. Expect the same here.

Edited by sanh

South of England has taken a Frames tumble too - approx 5-8 FPS with the exception of the West Country.

I never have AI planes/ Multiplayer on and always test in the C172 G1000 stock. It's taken me from smooth to stuttery so very annoying.

9 hours ago, Dillon said:

Things have went from bad to worse for south Atlanta.  The Peachtree area has horrible framerates now and the worst is on the runway 13 approach into KFFC. 

Just flew into KATL (night flight) and all ok on this ILS28 and taxi in.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

There's definitely an issue caused by live traffic but it doesn't seem to be related to the amount of it.  

Several times since the update i've seen the same thing.  I'll be happily flying around with my FPS locked at 30, smooth as butter, plenty of AI aircraft arriving and departing, no issues.  Then an AI airplane "popped in"  (i had labels on and it just popped in approx 5 miles from me) and frame rates plummet and the stutters kick in.  Frame time graph in afterburner goes from a flat line to a sawtooth pattern.  When i get a certain distance away from the problem aircraft it's instantly back to smooth as butter.

I'm pretty certain now that a specific AI plane type. or AI plane model is triggering this issue within a certain distance of the player.  As labels are now broken and dont show the plane type unless its the same as yours it tricky to identify which one it is.   It's clearly one of the rarer ones as i can be around loads of Live AI without issue.  

This happened in several places in different countries so its definitely not region specific and doesn't seem to be related to the increase in traffic, unless possibly it's triggered at an exact amount of AI planes within a certain distance of the player.

I'm going to test further today and see if i can get any more clues before doing a Zendesk ticket.

Edited by The Moose
  • Like 2

Whenever i use it, performance is all over the place: Great here, terrible there. It's just non-linear and i can't narrow it down to anything ATM.

• Like 2

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

I also noticed performance degradation after this patch. Lower average framerate and more stutters even in remote areas with small aircraft.

Before the patch it was almost perfect, I lock framerate to 48 and it was maintained 99% of the time. Slight stutters only when approaching big cities.

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

The update reset all my settings to default. Now that I've changed them back performance is fine.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nuno Pinto said:

Whenever i use it, performance is all over the place: Great here, terrible there. It's just non-linear and i can't narrow it down to anything ATM.

This may be an explanation: bad multicore usage... I don't remember it being like this in CPU limited scenarios, it is almost single thread now!

image.png

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

10 hours ago, bonchie said:

I hadn't played in 5 months. My performance is way worse.

About the same here. It will probably take two days to update if/when I go back in.

And with my PC running on an old GTX1050 while my faulty GTX1650 is stuck in RMA hell/limbo there ain't much point firing it up anyway!

I'm also seeing poor performance, pauses, and stutters in places like the Caribbean. Same issues as after WU3. Performance is great in some places, poor in others. It's a hit and miss sim. Sometimes I don't even want to load it. More pain than pleasure. I regret buying MSFS when I did, but I'm optimistic that they will eventually make my preferred sim. So, I'll wait patiently.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.