Sign in to follow this  
Ianrivaldosmith

Xbox release next week.....

1 hour ago, abrams_tank said:

The X-Box release will be very interesting for 3rd party devs that sell on the MSFS marketplace.  In a nutshell, it's just additional revenue for 3rd party devs already selling in the MSFS marketplace.  My guess is, this will further entice more 3rd party devs (especially the scenery developers) to prioritize MSFS.

Imho most XBox players won’t be buying many Addons as they probably have multiple games they also play. 

• Like 1

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

23 minutes ago, GSalden said:

Imho most XBox players won’t be buying many Addons as they probably have multiple games they also play. 

because PC people don't ? can we please stop with the console stereotype?

• Like 8

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

25 minutes ago, GSalden said:

I think some X-Box players will buy scenery add-ons though.  Like if they know there is an add-on for their home airport, that's very enticing to buy, especially since most scenery and airport add ons are about $10 to $20 USD in the marketplace, which is very affordable.

• Like 1

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

There's a chance Xbox players will buy more add-ons than us. The thirst is real in the xbox camp.

• Like 1

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

33 minutes ago, GSalden said:

Gerald, somebody has to break the news to you. And that will be me. We, all  good standing simmers, play other games too 😄. Most of us do at least. 

• Like 7

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

4 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

Gerald, somebody has to break the news to you. And that will be me. We, all  good standing simmers, play other games too 😄. Most of us do at least. 

The only other games I have played are Trainsim world and Run8. Got bored with them fairly quickly. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

When MSFS released I almost immediately purchase 5 airports.  None since--the default ones, unless you're really familiar w/ the specific airport in question, are already excellent and perform well, plus nearly all include ILS Freq in the G3000 MFD for auto-activating, whereas the majority payware airports i'm pretty sure have inadvertently omitted this very nice feature.  In fact, I've already deleted 2 that did omit this nice feature, retain Orbx's defect KSBA because I'm familiar w/ that airport, and retained both of FSDT's KORD and CYVR, and recently bought Roman Design's CYOW as both devs took the effort to learn about how not to omit this feature.  I won't buy another airport that omits these, and as I say unless I really know the airport, why bother, except to keep the Devs alive and provided the price is real right.  I just had incredible experiences in the included airports in Queensland NZ and also Zurich so again, it's just hardly there anymore Asobo has done such a stellar job.  I think 90% of the drive to purchase is leftover from the dire need to improve the default garbage in P3D and that is absolutely no longer the case.  My sense is at some point everyone will figure this out and there will remain a very very few devs to build payware airports.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

The Golf Club 2019 for me, as well as the incredible Ghost Recon:  Wildlands.  In fact, I'm going to have to fly the Citation to Bolivia then jump in...:senyum:

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

12 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

What !!!! ???

So MSFS is for the moments you guys don’t feel playing other games 🧐 ?

Where is the time a flightsim was to one and only ? 

• Like 1

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

17 minutes ago, Krakin said:

There's a chance Xbox players will buy more add-ons than us. The thirst is real in the xbox camp.

I seriously doubt when they sample the ultra high quality default airports.  Plus, my sense is users of XBox games are much more used to complete, standalone games, which is really what MSFS is very close to already. This add-on purchase mentality is a legacy holdover from FSX/P3D/XP and hardly applies any longer.  We're just still grappling with the fact MSFS is so complete already it's mindblowing.  Right now I look forward to FSCaptain coming on board, as well as Ground Services X which will potentially add something the sim doesn't do well already so add some real value.   

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Noel

6 minutes ago, Noel said:

When MSFS released I almost immediately purchase 5 airports.  None since--the default ones, unless you're really familiar w/ the specific airport in question, are already excellent and perform well, plus nearly all include ILS Freq in the G3000 MFD for auto-activating, whereas the majority payware airports i'm pretty sure have inadvertently omitted this very nice feature.  In fact, I've already deleted 2 that did omit this nice feature, retain Orbx's defect KSBA because I'm familiar w/ that airport, and retained both of FSDT's KORD and CYVR, and recently bought Roman Design's CYOW as both devs took the effort to learn about how not to omit this feature.  I won't buy another airport that omits these, and as I say unless I really know the airport, why bother, except to keep the Devs alive and provided the price is real right.  I just had incredible experiences in the included airports in Queensland NZ and also Zurich so again, it's just hardly there anymore Asobo has done such a stellar job.  I think 90% of the drive to purchase is leftover from the dire need to improve the default garbage in P3D and that is absolutely no longer the case.  My sense is at some point everyone will figure this out and there will remain a very very few devs to build payware airports.

I totally agree, I haven't landed at a default airport yet In MSFS , where I thought I really should buy an add on to replace this default. I have only bought one add on, Key West, because I used to fly there in real life, and frankly after I installed it  I thought the default wasn't that bad compared to the add on I purchased. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

1 minute ago, GSalden said:

What !!!! ???

So MSFS is for the moments you guys don’t feel playing other games 🧐 ?

Where is the time a flightsim was to one and only ? 

To be honest Gerard since I've discovered how to optimize MSFS for myself I've not been back to P3D nor my other two games and that's been maybe 3-4 months now.  I'm up at 5am setting up my next excursion in MSFS.  I really need to do some videos but still haven't taken the effort to find out how to do ultra high quality video in MSFS.

Noel

3 minutes ago, Noel said:

To be honest Gerard since I've discovered how to optimize MSFS for myself I've not been back to P3D nor my other two games and that's been maybe 3-4 months now.  I'm up at 5am setting up my next excursion in MSFS.  I really need to do some videos but still haven't taken the effort to find out how to do ultra high quality video in MSFS.

Wait until, like me now, you are forced to go back to another flight sim because your PC is out for repair. Now, while I fly in P3D, I spend most of my time surfing the web, because there is nothing interesting to look at in the wall paper scenery rolling by. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

and frankly after I installed it  I thought the default wasn't that bad compared to the add on I purchased. 

And I totally agree--which is why I had no trouble uninstalling FlightBeam's defective KPDX which not only left out my desired ILS Freq data fields but performs so much worse than default, and heck I don't really know KPDX anyway.  If you haven't already Bob go fly one of the jets out of Queensland NZ, use a departure procedure and prepare to be blown away!  Starting up the electrics at early dawn at Zurich this AM was just incredible.  Being able to follow the map in the G3000 to the correct runway, having traffic stacked up in the dawn light just was a total marvel!  So much activity on the ground and in the air and nary even a slight hitch.  Just astounding!

Noel

2 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Wait until, like me now, you are forced to go back to another flight sim because your PC is out for repair. Now, while I fly in P3D, I spend most of my time surfing the web, because there is nothing interesting to look at in the wall paper scenery rolling by. 

I keep praying my PC won't get sick too!  What's amiss on yours now I forget I think I read about it previously.  Bad video card?

Noel