Sign in to follow this  
Ianrivaldosmith

Xbox release next week.....

I don't think it's coming out in five days. A few weeks ago Jörg said that while the engine is getting ready, they've still got a lot of work to do on the UI/UX front, and they're not going to rush the Xbox version to the market.

My guess is that the trailer will air on the E3 2021 Xbox conference (the Development Roadmap is usually not very precise when it comes to dates), and then either that day or on the 15th, pre-orders will open.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

I don't think it's coming out in five days. A few weeks ago Jörg said that while the engine is getting ready, they've still got a lot of work to do on the UI/UX front, and they're not going to rush the Xbox version to the market.

My guess is that the trailer will air on the E3 2021 Xbox conference (the Development Roadmap is usually not very precise when it comes to dates), and then either that day or on the 15th, pre-orders will open.

we will see XBOX Trailer for 6-7 hours more in development Thursday... and with date launch for sure...

7 minutes ago, Brandon01110 said:

i wish this feature worked for me.  I see a lot of traffic in world view but rarely appears in game

Hmm, I wonder why that is?  You must have realtime AI enabled eh?   It was shocking just how much traffic in the air and on the ground was present this morning, and how well performance hardly wavered.  Are you sure you're in a spot that is in fact having lots of realtime traffic?  That is my guess as to the likely cause of what you're not seeing.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

19 minutes ago, Noel said:

Hmm, I wonder why that is?  You must have realtime AI enabled eh?   It was shocking just how much traffic in the air and on the ground was present this morning, and how well performance hardly wavered.  Are you sure you're in a spot that is in fact having lots of realtime traffic?  That is my guess as to the likely cause of what you're not seeing.

same here, i flew around seattle this morning(my time, amsterdam) and saw at least 15 ai aircraft in the air at same time.

quite  a few go arounds etc, and this all went without much hitches, so yes very good.

4 hours ago, abrams_tank said:

I think some X-Box players will buy scenery add-ons though.  Like if they know there is an add-on for their home airport, that's very enticing to buy, especially since most scenery and airport add ons are about $10 to $20 USD in the marketplace, which is very affordable.

4 hours ago, Krakin said:

There's a chance Xbox players will buy more add-ons than us. The thirst is real in the xbox camp.

3 hours ago, Chock said:

The advent of MSFS coming to XBox is a massive plus point for anyone into flight sims either as a user or a third party developer; it's gonna give it a nuclear-powered kick up the jacksie which will project it right into the limelight. 

Exactly, when I think of how gamers spend so much money on dlc...ammo packs....skins / outfits....level ups etc, I can't imagine how "big" the dollars are going to be for MSFS on Xbox.

I just hope we PC folks don't get left aside because I think that the XBox version may be the priority from an earnings perspective.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, FlyBaby said:

I just hope we PC folks don't get left aside because I think that the XBox version may be the priority from an earnings perspective.

Both are built on the same core, any changes made to the PC version will be on X-Box and vice-versa.

Unless you know, there's like a bug specific to PC/X-Box architecture.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, FlyBaby said:

That is wat I think will happen. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

3 hours ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

I don't think it's coming out in five days.

FWIW their site says Summer 2021, so could be anywhere from 10d to 100d from now.

• Like 1

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

1 hour ago, Bobsk8 said:

That is wat I think will happen. 

It won't, because as I've said, both versions work on the same core software, and changes to one will effect the other.

Plus the PC version is what has the SDK to make addons for both platforms. If they don't keep up with the PC version, then developers won't be able to make addons for the console either, and that would be lost revenue.

I think they said X-Box and PC would get updates at the same time, or at least close to the same time, but PC would be the version used for testing.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 4

18 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

It won't, because as I've said, both sims work on the same core software, and changes to one will effect the other.

Plus the PC version is what has the SDK to make addons for both platforms. If they don't keep up with the PC version, then developers won't be able to make addons for the console either, and that would be lost revenue.

I think they said X-Box and PC would get updates at the same time, or at least close to the same time, but PC would be the version used for testing.

Da TRUTH!

3 hours ago, Noel said:

Are you sure you're in a spot that is in fact having lots of realtime traffic?

KORD....3x simultaneous parallel runway arrivals + 1 additional runway for departures, yes very busy indeed.  I saw this pattern in the world view but when I start a flight, I rarely get arrivals.  I do get a few departures. 

MSFS Alpha tester on W10 Pro x64. Hardware: AMD 5900X 12 core CPU. Cooler Master ML360R AIO, Asus X570-E mobo, Asus Strix 3090 24GB gfx card, G.Skill TridentZ 64GB (4x16) DDR4-3600 RAM, Samsung 970 250GB SSD (OS), Samsung 980 Pro 1TB M.2 pcie-4 NVMe SSD (MSFS install). EVGA 850w Gold cert PSU, CUK Continuum full ATX tower.  43" Sceptre 4K display. VR: HP Reverb G2.

Places I've noticed the most live traffic are KLAX, KDFW, KATL, KSEA, any airport around Moscow and EDDF.

Edited by Tuskin38

1 hour ago, carbonbasedlifeform said:

Any word on how a console controller will handle this sim? I don’t mind controllers at all but they don’t seem to handle flight sims that well.

you can already try a controller right now, works pretty well, but is no substitute for a good dedicated hotas or other control.

also there are peripherals already available and you can plugin a kb and mouse.

i dont see any issues there.