Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

MSFS - Xbox Series X|S Gameplay Trailer

Unfortunately it doesn’t appear that these Xbox consoles will be available any time soon (I’m sure that’s not news to anyone here) which is sort of a downer. Of course, some greedy pig on Amazon has 20 of these for sale at scalper prices. Any idea when these may become available again to the regular folks?

Cheers, Pete 

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

8 minutes ago, CJ1045 said:

As an owner of pretty much all the tech - the XBOX requires peripherals except mouse and keyboard to have an XBOX security chip on board for them to work. So unless your peripheral has that chip it will not work on XBOX. Some peripherals like pedals will work if connected via a HOTAS with the security chip. PS5 is just the same. I have both and a gaming laptop amongst a lot of other kit. I would expect MSFS on the Series X to perform in line with a top spec current PC as the code can be highly optimised as the hardware is completely defined. 

CJ

There are already plenty of peripherals announced that will be compatible with the Xbox consoles, including some from Thurstmaster and Honeycomb. On today’s announcement they said something about new peripherals they couldn’t give details right now, it might mean new sidewinders hopefully.

Edited by ca_metal

7800X3D@H170i // Msi RTX 4090 Trio // 32GB DDR5 6000mhz CL30 // 2TB + 1TB Nvme
Dell 27" 2127DGF - 1440p - Gsync - 165hz 
Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick Airbus // TCA Quadrant Airbus // TFRP T.Flight Rudder Pedals // Logitech Flight Multi Panel

6 minutes ago, CJ1045 said:

As an owner of pretty much all the tech - the XBOX requires peripherals except mouse and keyboard to have an XBOX security chip on board for them to work. So unless your peripheral has that chip it will not work on XBOX. Some peripherals like pedals will work if connected via a HOTAS with the security chip. PS5 is just the same. I have both and a gaming laptop amongst a lot of other kit. I would expect MSFS on the Series X to perform in line with a top spec current PC as the code can be highly optimised as the hardware is completely defined. 

CJ

You are right, unfortunately. I have not high end PC, but I have Xbox Series X and I have Warthog HOTAS and Saitek Pro Flight System, cannot use any on Xbox 😞 Really hoping in some HUB which would make them working.

• Upvote 1

Forget about XBox and DX12, I am super excited for the top gun DLC 🤩

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

Did they use community aircraft skins for this trailer, when there will be no way to install community skins on an actual XBox?  If so, typical MS marketing video..... 

Official 'Top Gun' fighter aircraft add-on when they aren't even allowed to show static missiles on the rails is pretty dumb if you ask me.

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

8 minutes ago, marsman2020 said:

Did they use community aircraft skins for this trailer, when there will be no way to install community skins on an actual XBox?  If so, typical MS marketing video..... 

Official 'Top Gun' fighter aircraft add-on when they aren't even allowed to show static missiles on the rails is pretty dumb if you ask me.

Business wise, its pretty genius actually.

55 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

Area 51 (I'm using a texture pack for the runways so ignore that part). That seam is weird, wonder if it's just an artifact.

GiYB5L3.png

lgmxaOV.png

It's not that weird. It's either had changes in the build they are using or it's just for marketing video. 

17 minutes ago, marsman2020 said:

It's always possible for Microsoft to open up a freeware option within the current marketplace and allow liveries to be uploaded to cater for the Xbox players.

Edited by Zangoose
  • Like 1

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

That video gave me chills. 🥶

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

14 minutes ago, marsman2020 said:

Did they use community aircraft skins for this trailer, when there will be no way to install community skins on an actual XBox?

The intention is still to launch the freeware section of the Marketplace.

16 minutes ago, marsman2020 said:

How can there be hate for a totally free DLC with great looking jets? I just don't get the desire to want to be so negative all the time.

And anyway, the name of the sim is Microsoft _Flight_ Simulator. Don't forget the L in Flight. 😉

-Matt | Working Title

• Like 19

42 minutes ago, PilotPete99 said:

Unfortunately it doesn’t appear that these Xbox consoles will be available any time soon (I’m sure that’s not news to anyone here) which is sort of a downer. Of course, some greedy pig on Amazon has 20 of these for sale at scalper prices. Any idea when these may become available again to the regular folks?

Cheers, Pete 

This option might not be for you, but I purchased the series X all access package with game pass ultimate through Walmart for $35 a month for two years. It was delivered two days later and this was about 10 days ago now. Walmart even showed the series X console sold out on it's own so they must be only stocking this package currently.

https://www.walmart.com/cp/xbox-all-access/8571041

Edited by Monarch41
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Zangoose said:

It's always possible for Microsoft to open up a freeware option within the current marketplace and allow liveries to be uploaded to cater for the Xbox players.

They could send me a check in the mail for $10 million if they wanted.  Anything is "possible".  They have a history of borderline false advertising with these video trailers (the water masks, which were only included after a lot of people raised a fuss).  This one shows a lot of fun liveries that aren't in the sim and if they are community liveries (which I suspect they are based on the community content creators being called out 2/3rds of the way through the video) there are likely no plans for them to be in the sim at launch on the XBox.

Just now, marsman2020 said:

They could send me a check in the mail for $10 million if they wanted.  Anything is "possible".  They have a history of borderline false advertising with these video trailers (the water masks, which were only included after a lot of people raised a fuss).  This one shows a lot of fun liveries that aren't in the sim and if they are community liveries (which I suspect they are based on the community content creators being called out 2/3rds of the way through the video) there are likely no plans for them to be in the sim at launch on the XBox.

They're adding a freeware section to the marketplace.

43 minutes ago, PilotPete99 said:

Cheers, Pete 

Walmart is restocking, I just bought mine in store (I'm in Canada). They had 4 in stock, none online.

Check out the site below because a lot of Walmarts do have in store stock.

https://www.nowinstock.net/videogaming/consoles/microsoftxboxseriesx/

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, marsman2020 said:

Ok but as others have said, a freeware category is coming. 

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

3 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

They're adding a freeware section to the marketplace.

It's sad they have to constantly stoop to showing things that aren't in the product to sell this thing.  But then again, we still don't have what was promised to PC users, almost a year after release.  I hope the people considering buying on XBox wait for reviews before they spend any $$$.

Ok but as others have said, a freeware category is coming. 

I'm still waiting for all of the things that PC users were promised before we dropped our hard earned cash. More empty promises don't mean anything to me.

Edited by marsman2020