Sign in to follow this  
Andreas Stangenes

Is there any way to increase the range ring for trees?

We just need a new setting above ultra called "plaid" or possibly "ludicrous" that enables extends tree draw again.

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

I have a solution that is working for my product ... is there a specific location I can test?

As far as I now "know" according to many posts here and over in the official forums, the tree draw distance gets worse the more north you are. So basically every region close to the polar circle would be a place to test your solution, if then compared to what you see close to the equator... Just as a guess...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

All we need to do is:

• Wait for the questions to open for the July Q&A next month
  • Word the question in a way that the MSFS forum mods won't reject as "already answered"
  • Collect 100+ votes
  • Hope that the question gets asked correctly
  • Roll a standard 6-sided dice and select the response from the devs
    • Roll 1:  "We're not aware of any problem with the tree draw distance, it looks exactly the same as it did at launch"
    • Roll 2, 4, or 6:  "The updates to resolve this issue that were previously scheduled for <insert prior sim or world update # here> are now scheduled for <insert next sim or world update # + the dice roll # here>."
    • Roll 3:  "We are committed to having the best representation of trees possible in the sim.  It is on the backlog and will possibly be "improved" at some undetermined time in the future."
    • Roll 5:  "<Blinks> <Blinks> <Blinks> I'm not sure what the question refers to?"
Edited by marsman2020
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 2

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

2 hours ago, Nemo said:

Seems it was postponed again. Tree and water LOD fixes are now announced for SimUpdates 6&7  :-(

That's funny. First they take it out and then they schedule it some time in the far future to put it back in. Also, at the same time they are saying nothing is broken, yet they plan to fix it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Well if anyone catches up with the tree man tell him to get a shovel and dig a hole and put the trees in it in Western Australia they are  out of the ground almost all of them anyway

1 hour ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

I have a solution that is working for my product ... is there a specific location I can test?

I use my own EcoRegion data which is not the same as Asobo's.

Cheers, Rob.

Well, you can try Norway for example. It's pretty far north, and is famous for its forests 😉 Sweden and Finland is also a good place to test. 

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

1 hour ago, AnkH said:

As far as I now "know" according to many posts here and over in the official forums, the tree draw distance gets worse the more north you are. So basically every region close to the polar circle would be a place to test your solution, if then compared to what you see close to the equator... Just as a guess...

What? Sounds like a conversion bug from degrees longitude to km... hard to believe.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

We just need a new setting above ultra called "plaid" or possibly "ludicrous" that enables extends tree draw again.

Yes and we should be able to choose what LOD we want based on what our system can handle. They shouldn’t have just taken it away like that.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

I use my own EcoRegion data which is not the same as Asobo's.

Cheers, Rob.

You can try ESSK RW 18 runway heading up to 3000 feet, expect terrible drawing distance and severe morphing looking out cockpit window.

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

2 hours ago, Tomaz Drnovsek said:

That's funny. First they take it out and then they schedule it some time in the far future to put it back in. Also, at the same time they are saying nothing is broken, yet they plan to fix it.

I think that object LOD and view distance are parameters that benefit hugely of DX12, maybe that's why they will increase them only after its implementation.

• Upvote 1

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

Im just a little bit surprised that the devs who worked on the trees and lod would have a look at it after they tweaked it and thought "yeah, that's good"... The tree range ring has never been as small as it is now, at least up in the north, and unless you fly hugging the ground, you cant actually see any trees over the dashboard.

• Like 1

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

2 hours ago, Weatherman said:

What? Sounds like a conversion bug from degrees longitude to km... hard to believe.

But that’s the way it is. The further to north you go, the worse it looks.

• Like 2

On 6/18/2021 at 11:13 AM, Andreas Stangenes said:

Im just a little bit surprised that the devs who worked on the trees and lod would have a look at it after they tweaked it and thought "yeah, that's good"... The tree range ring has never been as small as it is now, at least up in the north, and unless you fly hugging the ground, you cant actually see any trees over the dashboard.

When they worked on WU 5 they must have realized that something is wrong with trees LOD in the North.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

On 6/18/2021 at 1:25 AM, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

QF68SpM.jpg

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

Just flew the Nordic update for the first time, 3,000ft and the ring of trees was shockingly apparent and totally immersion breaking, you'd think they would've fixed it for this update but no...

Asobo; They do wonders in some areas but fall pathetically short in others, it seems Quality Of Life details don't mean anything to them and they'd rather rush features out before fully testing them, such a shame as the potential is incredibly massive but just going to waste. Hurry up and get the Xbox/DX12 update out and then concentrate on these QoL areas....PLEASE!

• Like 5

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)