Sign in to follow this  
Andreas Stangenes

Is there any way to increase the range ring for trees?

It's absolutely the worst..

Bijan's addon is good, yet people seem obsessed with "put X tree here because IRL it's not represented in the sim", rather than concentrating on what provides the immersion. 

If he could fix it, although apparently it is totally impossible as things stand, he would absolutely make a mint of money.  I don't know who at Asobo looks at this and goes, "Yeah, that's okay."  Also annoying are the screenshots they show which handily are blurred with extortionate depth of field, or showing something completely unrelated to how the world actually looks outside the cockpit. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

Please go here to vote for this issue over at the official forums (for the upcoming dev Q&A):

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/can-we-please-talk-about-the-tree-lod-issue-one-more-time/410478

Yet another vote thread for trees to split the vote up.

There was this one https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/trees-low-draw-distance-after-sim-update-3-no-fun-anymore/376917

and there is this one https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/tree-draw-distance-lod-issues/300672

and there's a couple more.

Problem is they do not combine the votes when they merge the topics. Your best bet is voting in the second one I posted and replying in that thread so it doesn't close.

James

Thanks @Phantoms. Its very confusing, because that thread with over 400 votes states that the issue has been fixed... I tried to point that out in a reply, but if they only read the top comment then that thread is kinda doomed. 

• Upvote 1

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

This tree and building LOD issue pushed me to that other sim a few months back.  I like MSFS and will continue using it and look forward to have it looking like it did at release.  The other sim is surprisingly good, so it is nice to have two excellent sims to use for different purposes.

• Like 1

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

If I sit up high I can barely catch a couple of trees. 

notrees.png

• Like 1

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

33 minutes ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

This tree and building LOD issue pushed me to that other sim a few months back.  I like MSFS and will continue using it and look forward to have it looking like it did at release.  The other sim is surprisingly good, so it is nice to have two excellent sims to use for different purposes.

I have the other sim and now recently MSFS.  I like both.  Its great to have a choice.  And totally agree "two excellent sims to use for different purposes.

• Like 2

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

Quick report from western Maine: plenty of trees at Medium graphics settings and on an HD monitor, whole mountains of them. Should I be surprised? 

Happy Fathers Day to all you dads out there.

John Wiesenfeld KPBI | FAA PPL/SEL/IFR in a galaxy long ago and far away | VATSIM PILOT P2

i7-11700K, 32 GB DDR4 3.6 GHz, MSI RTX 3070ti, Dell 4K monitor

8 hours ago, jrw4 said:

Quick report from western Maine: plenty of trees at Medium graphics settings and on an HD monitor, whole mountains of them. Should I be surprised? 

Happy Fathers Day to all you dads out there.

When you made your observation, what altitude (AGL) did you fly?

Edited by Nemo

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

Maybe you should look into getting an  arborist !!

Neil Ward

CPU Intel Core i7 7740X@4.30Ghz with FrostFlow 240L Liquid Cooling, M/B ROG STRIX X299-E-GAMING, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, RAM G.Skill 32GB DDR4 Ripjaws Blue, 

@Nemo Altitude was a few thousand feet. If I could figure out how to post a screenshot, I would do so, but it really doesn't show anything interesting. Should I try a different altitude?

John Wiesenfeld KPBI | FAA PPL/SEL/IFR in a galaxy long ago and far away | VATSIM PILOT P2

3 minutes ago, jrw4 said:

@Nemo Altitude was a few thousand feet. If I could figure out how to post a screenshot, I would do so, but it really doesn't show anything interesting. Should I try a different altitude?

Where in the world were you when you saw all those trees?

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

Fryeburg, Maine (KIZG), a small airport near the ME/NH border. It's an area where the MSFS mesh seems rather coarse, so the hills look rounded, with none of the characteristic "ledges" to be seen. But they do have trees.

One other point. I was using the drone camera, rather than flying through the area in an aircraft. Would that make a difference?