Sign in to follow this  
gboz

FPS increase coming?

10 minutes ago, MDFlier said:

Spud,

In regards to LODs, the SDK documentation has been consistent since the beginning.

I know, I know. But it really should've been set up to electrocute me if I tried to get away with only one level. 

Before this sim arrived I'd never even developed piles, let alone stuff like this, so I just did what worked fine. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, RobJC said:

Seeing as i only have one scenery add-on (Flightbeam KDEN) i wonder if this explains why i did not have serious performance issues with my previous PC?

My community folder veers between empty and heaving. There's never been a performance hit dependent on its contents. When it's been terrible it was just as terrible regardless. 

The only mods that have done it are the Google Maps rips, and Asobo's own handcrafted places. 

Edited by superspud
  • Like 1

I haven't done it either. I've got about 30 of my own models in my sim, but I'm the only one impacted by my choices. If I was planning on selling or distributing them, I would have done it properly.

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

6 hours ago, MarcG said:

1) Asobo do have a history of poor patch releases that "break something"

I don't know of any software company that wont break something when releasing a patch. Take Windows as an example, its been out for a while and still MS tends to break something when releasing updates, same thing with MS Office, happens to Laminar (XP)  and also happens to me too.

Edited by CarlosF
  • Like 2

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

I'm just hoping that after the update comes out I will be able to play the piano.

• Like 1

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

The bottom line is I am still happy about the new Tree LOD and performance and I can live with the trade offs. 

Edited by BijanStudio
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Gaming Laptop:
MSI GS75 Stealth 5.6GHz Intel Core i9 - 10th gen 16 core CPU  -  32 GB DDR4 SDRAM  - 1TB SSD - RTX 2080 Super - 1920x1080 - 3 fans and cooling pipes.

1 hour ago, CarlosF said:

I don't know of any software company that wont break something when releasing a patch. Take Windows as an example, its been out for a while and still MS tends to break something when releasing updates, same thing with MS Office, happens to Laminar (XP)  and also happens to me too.

I was referring to absolute schoolboy breaking that should not of happened in the first place, of which Asobo have a history of, not general stuff.

• Like 2

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

28 minutes ago, BijanStudio said:

Another degradation done is that only scenes in front of you is rendered. If you pan to to left or right, most object, buildings, trees have to be redrawn and drops FPS for few seconds and as you as you look away they are all gone.

You mean we can see things just pop into existence as we look around? As a TrackIR user that sounds terrible. I'm constantly looking around. Is it the same for external views? 

I noticed that effect before with some buildings at airports where they just completely disappeared at the extreme range of the view but not out of view yet. Then they'd snap back in if I dipped my head a little. Was a bit jarring. 

Overall I'm not especially looking forward to this update. It's clear they're having to degrade some stuff to get it to run OK on the Xbox and passing it off as a performance upgrade. Will wait to see how it plays out in practice but feels like things are about to get bumpy around here. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, MarcG said:

that should not of happened in the first place

Genuine question: Is that correct, or should it be "should not have happened..."? I had the biggest fights with my US ex-wife about that (and other things...) and she is (naturally) a native speaker...but I could have (of) sworn that this is how I learned in school? Whats the consensus? (Sorry for off-topic!)

Edited by Janov
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Janov said:

Genuine question: Is that correct, or should it be "should not have happened..."? I had the biggest fights with my US ex-wife about that (and other things...) and she is (naturally) a native speaker...but I could have (of) sworn that this is how I learned in school? Whats the consensus? (Sorry for off-topic!)

I got a E in GCSE English so I'm the last guy to ask 😆

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

@Janovit's could have or could've. Same with would have and would've.

• Like 2

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

17 minutes ago, MarcG said:

Reminds me of Chief Wigham´s son in the Simpson: "Me, fail english? But thats unpossible!" 😁

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, MarcG said:

LOL, great sense of humor!

We all fail somewhat in this category.

• Like 2

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

1 hour ago, BijanStudio said:

Another degradation done is that only scenes in front of you is rendered. If you pan to to left or right, most object, buildings, trees have to be redrawn and drops FPS for few seconds and as you as you look away they are all gone. Again this may be be a big deal for some but this is worst in VR since you look around constantly. 

Oi. That's not very promising for those of us who use TrackIR or like to look around with the external camera.  Ah well, guess we'll see next week what the deal is. At least my hopes are now modest.

• Upvote 1

Aorus Master X570 / 5800x3d w/ Arctic Freezer ii 280 / Asus TUF 3090 w/ gigabyte BIOS / 2x16GB b-die @ 3600Mhz 

With all that's being said about the next SU5, I wonder if the update will be mandatory. I sincerely hope is not, otherwise Asobo should give the user the option to Opt-In Beta before updating and also be able to go back to previous stable version if not happy with the results, just like Laminar R. does with XP. 

Edited by CarlosF