Sign in to follow this  
gboz

FPS increase coming?

3 hours ago, abennett said:

I'm really not looking forward to this update. The sim has been constantly downgraded visually and graphically since release. It's absolutely infuriating. I have never had a single problem with performance and instead I have seen the visuals get worse and worse with every update. All to try and appease people complaining about performance, which I suspect is due to them using inappropriate settings on an inappropriate PC. I saved for a long time so I could get the best PC I could to run the sim on the highest settings and the decrease in quality in the way the same looks is so galling. The visuals really are the only reason to use this sim above others, and with them getting worse and worse this reason is shrinking. Please asobo please increase the graphics to how they wee on release when every flight I thought WOW this looks stunning, now it just doesn't look anywhere near as good, blurry textures, trees in a tight circle around the aircraft, water quality lower, clouds quality lower. Never have the WOW moments. Sad.

There’s no such thing as bad performance… only inappropriate settings on inappropriate hardware. 😎

1 hour ago, BijanStudio said:

. Another degradation done is that only scenes in front of you is rendered. If you pan to to left or right, most object, buildings, trees have to be redrawn and drops FPS for few seconds and as you as you look away they are all gone. Again this may be be a big deal for some but this is worst in VR since you look around constantly. 

This is so 1990. If this is true, this will kill this sim for me completely. This update sounds horrible. 

• Like 4

Gosh the update isnt even released....people... 🙄

• Like 4

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

36 minutes ago, Virtual-Chris said:

There’s no such thing as bad performance

I would disagree!

There is such thing call bad_coding_practices that will yield subpar performance in most hardware, on the other hand, to your point, high-end equipment do tent to hide such practices, that is why there will always be room for improvement when revising code.

Edited by CarlosF

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

We are at page 23 of a discussion filled with speculation about an unreleased version of MSFS based on the few impressions from a limited number of beta testers. 😅

July 27th (or whatever the release date ends up being) cannot come fast enough, if only so that we can move on to complaints about the actual update 🤣

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Turpentine said:

We are at page 23 of a discussion filled with speculation about an unreleased version of MSFS based on the few impressions from a limited number of beta testers

I have no doubt Asobo is in a crossroad trying to decide between eye-candy vs performance, I mean after all MSFS is a pc game that is being ported into xbox. I wonder what is going to happen when MS decides to fit MSFS into a 10x10 tablet or a smartphone. Oh boy, here we go again!

Edited by CarlosF

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

I remind everyone there is an NDA and beta tester don't even know if they were testing against the final version to be release on July 27th.  

• Like 1

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

1 hour ago, Janov said:

Genuine question: Is that correct, or should it be "should not have happened..."? I had the biggest fights with my US ex-wife about that (and other things...) and she is (naturally) a native speaker...but I could have (of) sworn that this is how I learned in school? Whats the consensus? (Sorry for off-topic!)

That's just something we did here in the US when we told that George 3 fellow in England to take a hike. Mangled their language.

I'm pretty sure that's also when we invented some other American words like "ain't" and "y'all".   🤣

• Like 3

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

I just watched the performance video again and I could not see anything on the sides popping in as they panned around. This was visible in the tree fix portion of the video. 

• Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

45 minutes ago, Virtual-Chris said:

This is so 1990. If this is true, this will kill this sim for me completely. This update sounds horrible. 

This is not as bad as it sounds. It mostly effects trees, buildings and object at distance. The close up scenes are still there but not at full resolution. Full resolution is only rendered what's in front of you to a certain distance.

Gaming Laptop:
MSI GS75 Stealth 5.6GHz Intel Core i9 - 10th gen 16 core CPU  -  32 GB DDR4 SDRAM  - 1TB SSD - RTX 2080 Super - 1920x1080 - 3 fans and cooling pipes.

I’ll reserve any judgement until it’s released. Until then I’ll file all this panic causing information under “believe half of what you see and none of what you hear”

Edited by Azapata87
  • Like 5

On July 27th: The frog will sing or the frog will croak.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

I am entirely disappointed and dismayed that a certain number of individuals under NDA have taken an opportunity to discuss a beta build in public forums. If you want to sabotage the Beta program and put Microsoft/Asobo on defensive and make them question whether or not to hold these things in the future, this is a GREAT way to do it. 

Have some discipline, for the love of god.

• Like 7
  • Upvote 4

@janov

Could of , should of , and would of is a personal pet peeve of mine when reading forums. Probably a phonetic thing since they sound the same as could've , would've , and should've.  As pointed out the correct version is could have , should have and would have.  I grew up in the UK and learned to spell using the ITA phonetic alphabet and even that wasn't this egregious.

Edited by mobeans10
spelling !
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Turpentine said:

unreleased version of MSFS based on the few impressions from a limited number of beta testers. 😅

If only you could see the beta forums, man, you’d be deleting that paragraph quicker than the sim itself 😉

Edited by Ianrivaldosmith
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 1