Sign in to follow this  
Matheus Vallim

Xbox - Anyone

So can you use your payware planes that you bought for the PC on the xbox?

31 minutes ago, Todd2 said:

So can you use your payware planes that you bought for the PC on the xbox?

My understanding is ONLY if they make an X-Box version also? That's what Jorg said anyway a few times. We will only know in the future if and who does this, when they do or don't show up? The developers may also decide NEVER to do an X-Box version, or it could be right out of the gate, or a long time for them to decide. Only they know what decision they will make, unless they announce it. Doubt anyone will before July 27th? Anyway that's my understanding.

• Like 1

"Coffee, if your not shaking, you need another cup"
Flight Sim Break Discord Channel: https://discord.com/invite/fCV62Ka2QZ

I'll be surprised if PMDG or other big 3PD will develop planes for the X-Box version.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

As much as I was into space...  as much as I was into airplanes and airports... as much as I absolutely loved all that stuff and had for all my life...  it was my brother who didnt care about any of that who first encountered flight simulator.

He showed it to me on his computer.  1980 something.  Two 51/4 floppys, 4 meg memory and no hard drive. (I think it was 4meg).

I played that thing for hours.

I am convinced that there are lots of kids who would absolutely LOVE to have a flight simulator if they even knew it existed.  I think X Box will really help connect REAL flight simmers to a game they never knew existed just like I didnt a long time ago.

maybe (probably) kids today are much more aware of all the options but maybe not.  I keep seeing talk of 'gamers' but I think there are a lot of simmers out there who may not even know that they are yet.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

6 minutes ago, sightseer said:

As much as I was into space...  as much as I was into airplanes and airports... as much as I absolutely loved all that stuff and had for all my life...  it was my brother who didnt care about any of that who first encountered flight simulator.

He showed it to me on his computer.  1980 something.  Two 51/4 floppys, 4 meg memory and no hard drive. (I think it was 4meg).

I played that thing for hours.

I am convinced that there are lots of kids who would absolutely LOVE to have a flight simulator if they even knew it existed.  I think X Box will really help connect REAL flight simmers to a game they never knew existed just like I didnt a long time ago.

maybe (probably) kids today are much more aware of all the options but maybe not.  I keep seeing talk of 'gamers' but I think there are a lot of simmers out there who may not even know that they are yet.

Yup, I think you are right. I suspect the XBox will go a long way toward 'de-nerding' flight sims and removing some of the perceived snootiness from it too. And so what if people just want to fly their 747 inverted under a bridge? If they are using the sim, then it's all good.

Personally I will wait until the peripherals and add-ons are a known quantity on the XBox version before I'll consider getting one, but if it works well then I might give it a shot. I paid more than the price of an XBox for a laptop I don't even use that often, so I'm not averse to getting a console if it runs flight sims well.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 4

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

4 hours ago, 1st fltsimguy said:

I have an X-Box for the grand kids to play games on.  I never touch it, don't know how to use it.  There is no chance of a snowball in the hot place that I will be flying using X-Box, I'm in to simulation not flight gaming.

This distinction between "PC" and "XBox" is a little strange, since they are both computers.  The XBox is a special-built PC. 

That's how they can offer the new "cloud" gaming services, where they will run your XBox games on their side and stream the results to you.  They don't accomplish this with a warehouse of XBoxes sitting next to each other.  They have racks of servers that happen to run equivalent XBox hardware.

The XBox supports hooking up your flight yoke and throttle via a USB.  You can hook up a keyboard and a mouse.

So what is the difference between an XBox with a keyboard, mouse, and flight hardware, versus a PC with the same?

There is none.  The XBox may be more powerful and in a smaller form factor than your PC, all for less money.  They lose money on the hardware, unlike PC manufacturers.  So you're getting a quality PC and prices you wouldn't be able to get otherwise.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Gulfstream said:

This distinction between "PC" and "XBox" is a little strange, since they are both computers.  The XBox is a special-built PC. 

That's how they can offer the new "cloud" gaming services, where they will run your XBox games on their side and stream the results to you.  They don't accomplish this with a warehouse of XBoxes sitting next to each other.  They have racks of servers that happen to run equivalent XBox hardware.

The XBox supports hooking up your flight yoke and throttle via a USB.  You can hook up a keyboard and a mouse.

So what is the difference between an XBox with a keyboard, mouse, and flight hardware, versus a PC with the same?

There is none.  The XBox may be more powerful and in a smaller form factor than your PC, all for less money.  They lose money on the hardware, unlike PC manufacturers.  So you're getting a quality PC and prices you wouldn't be able to get otherwise.

All true.  So I have a perfectly good working PC that I use heavily for MS AND XP, suite of great Saitek controllers, all working fine.  AND, I maintain a massive library of home movies dating back to the 1950s, 10,000 photos, slides, many slide shows, book hyperlinked to photos and slide shows....I'm sorry I just don't care about a bloody x-box, I have a whole other world and am not interested in "moving" to another box.

Why would I, I have absolutely nothing to gain. My setup is well, "sweet", "cool", "amazing". And now running a dual boot system of Win10 and Win7 due to software advantages and money of course.

The question was "X-Box, Anyone"....for me it's simple, NO, not interested, nothing anyone can say or do will change that view, I'm not sure why folks are trying to sell me on an x-box version.

Question asked, and answered.

Bryan

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

It is a powerful console and I cant wait to get one, might get rid of the PS4 as I havent touched that in ages. However  I will only get one once I get a 4K TV - thats when MSFS will look amazing! 

Online multi player on XBSX is gonna be insane fun, flying A320 upside down under bridges and goofing off trying to land the Cub on a helipad etc.

4 hours ago, captain420 said:

I'll be surprised if PMDG or other big 3PD will develop planes for the X-Box version.

If the market is there and it's big enough to return a profit, I'm sure they would develop for XBox too

i7 12700K , 32GB RAM @3600MHz, Asus Z690-Plus D4 MB, Gainward 4090 RTX Graphics, 850W Corsair PSU, Kraken AIO watercooler, Nvme 1TB ssd, 1TB ssd, 500GB ssd.

My understanding is that the marketplace will be identical on XBOX so it is very curious why one developer thinks his plane will not be there. 

CJ

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, CJ1045 said:

My understanding is that the marketplace will be identical on XBOX so it is very curious why one developer thinks his plane will not be there. 

CJ

no, ms has said its up to the creator whether that addon will be on xbox or not.

43 minutes ago, wim123 said:

no, ms has said its up to the creator whether that addon will be on xbox or not.

That could just mean it is up to the developer whether they have their add-on in the Marketplace. Or perhaps MS is giving the developer the option to opt out so that they don't have to provide support to a lot more people.

CJ

13 minutes ago, CJ1045 said:

That could just mean it is up to the developer whether they have their add-on in the Marketplace. Or perhaps MS is giving the developer the option to opt out so that they don't have to provide support to a lot more people.

CJ

MS have said in one of the livestreams that it is up to the developer to "flag" their add-on to be PC and/or Xbox compatible. They mentioned that some add-ons may not be able to run on Xbox due to memory constraints.

• Like 1

Intel Core i5-12600k, Nvidia RTX 2080 Super, 64 Gigs.

Yes, I snagged an Xbox series x back in April and have keyboard, mouse, and joystick all working with it and ready to go on the 27th.

the background to this is that I first got MSFS when it came out, but I don’t have a PC, so I was running it on a Mac with external GPU etc. Dealing with windows 10, Mac boot amp and the egpu together was a total headache, especially with each windows update. As soon as the Xbox announcement came, I sold the gear, and put my flight simming on pause for a few months. Xbox will be so much easier. I’m a fairly casual simmer so I won’t miss the slightly limited options with Addams and peripherals etc.