Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

Fenix A320, high fidelity airliner, is being released

6 minutes ago, fogboundturtle said:

Where are all the haters that said MSFS SDK was not capable of building complex aircraft ? all I hear is cricket now. I hope this will put the silly argument to rest now.

They're running it outside the sim, so it's a moot conversation.

7 minutes ago, fogboundturtle said:

Where are all the haters that said MSFS SDK was not capable of building complex aircraft ? all I hear is cricket now. I hope this will put the silly argument to rest now.

Probably best to wait till this or the PMDG 737 actually delivers that modern complex airliner before calling the trolls in 🙂

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Chapstick said:

What that means is that they are not using Asobo AP but built one using C++ or WASM modules. It's not running outside of the time per say. 

Edited by fogboundturtle
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 1

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

5 minutes ago, fogboundturtle said:

I don't know if you heard the news, but JustFlight more or less implied that they will stop making new products for P3D.  New products from JustFlight will be on MSFS instead.  JustFlight will complete any outstanding projects for P3D that have not been completed yet but that's it.

Anyways, JustFlight had this comment about the MSFS SDK which I find is hilarious:

A lot of 'experts' on social media predicted that the P3D market would be strong for a long period because "you can't get proper planes to work in MSFS... the SDK something...something... blah blah blah...." As it turns out, they were wrong, and the switch has been fairly similar to that which took place from FS2004 to FSX. Not overnight, admittedly, but the 'years and years' was a misnomer.

• Like 5

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

2 minutes ago, Chapstick said:

And of course custom external modules are never used in other sims.

• Like 2

I'm really impressed with what they've presented so far. 

I just wish it was a different airliner. Like the A350. 

• Like 8

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

Great new dev's with high fidelity in mind are coming aboard.  Give credit to FBW to be the first to showcase what is possible and inspire other dev teams.  However, I have a feeling we will be continuing a trend from FSX and P3D where we have 5 options for an A320 and 5 for the 737-x rather than having some different aircraft type variety.  I know the MD-11 should be coming eventually albeit for P3D first unfortunately.  Hopefully teams come up with something different other than mainstream aircraft. 

All things said and done, we are seeing aircraft well into development and projected release far earlier than what P3D produced after 2-3 years released. 

• Like 6

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

25 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

I don't know if you heard the news, but JustFlight more or less implied that they will stop making new products for P3D.  New products from JustFlight will be on MSFS instead.  JustFlight will complete any outstanding projects for P3D that have not been completed yet but that's it.

Anyways, JustFlight had this comment about the MSFS SDK which I find is hilarious:

Yeah, they are not making VHF Tapes anymore either. 😉

• Like 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

2 hours ago, abrams_tank said:

I would like to temper expectations.  Because sometimes, the community hypes things up a lot and then we are let down when the product is released.  But KatiePilot and BlackBox711 from Twitch have good things to say about this.  FYI, KatiePilot and BlackBox711 are real life A320 pilots that stream on Twitch.  In addition, KatiePilot was super disappointed by MSFS on its release when she was flying the default A320, so if KatiePilot really likes this Fenix A320 for MSFS, that could be interesting.

But anyways, let's temper our expectations.  Let it be released first and then let's judge how good it is.

I don't know why, but real pilots that actually fly airliners for a living don't seem to get too much respect on this forum,from the career simulator pilots  we have here. 

• Like 7

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

9 minutes ago, Republic3D said:

I'm really impressed with what they've presented so far. 

I just wish it was a different airliner. Like the A350. 

I sort of agree...  However I think this "classic" 320 will sell like hotcakes.

• Like 4

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Just now, ryanbatcund said:

I sort of agree...  However I think this "classic" 320 will sell like hotcakes.

Absolutely. The people who appreciate high fidelity airliners will definitely buy it, even if it's at PMDG level prices. If it's cheaper it will sell even more. 

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

37 minutes ago, Chapstick said:

So did A2A, PMDG, Majestic.  So what?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

So did A2A, PMDG, Majestic.  So what?

it's called moving the goalpost. Whenever you have lost an argument, in order to save face, you set a higher end goal than previously stated. It's very typical of word not allowed behavior. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

Am I hearing things or didn't they say that this project is in alpha phase?

Jose A.

Core Components: AMD Ryzen7 7700X - G.Skill FlareX 32 GB DDR5 6000 CL36 (XMP)  - Gigabyte B650M Aorus Elite AX  - Asus ROG Strix RTX3060 12gb

Storage: WD Black SN750 NVMe 1TB - AData sx8200 Pro NVMe 1TB - Samsung 860 EVO 500GB - Samsung 870 EVO 1TB

WIN10 - P3D v.5.3 HF2 - XPLANE 11 - MSFS

15 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I don't know why, but real pilots that actually fly airliners for a living don't seem to get too much respect on this forum, from the career simulator pilots  we have here. 

I disagree, it's not hard to read (see) though the pretence. In truth, there are two different skill sets, flying a real aircraft does not equip a pilot with the skills to operate and problem solve any of the simulators under discussion, any more than being a simulator pundit equips anyone for real world flying. In fact even some of the pundits have little idea of what to do if the simulator malfunctions.

However, when it comes down to the finer nuances of how a switch click sounds, spending time setting up a flight using software or following a checklist, one might expect the flight simulator pundits' and the real world pilots' knowledge to be more evenly matched.

Edited by Reader
  • Like 1