Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

July 22nd, 2021 - Development Update

1 hour ago, tweekz said:

So I guess this screenshot teases seasons? Soon?

Yeah I don't understand this 'seasons' screenshot winner choice for 'tundra'. Obviously this is taken from the community with one of the third party seasons add-on installed. The screenshot winners have been odd choices in general and this one is no different. I don't think this has any relation what-so-ever to seasons officially coming in MSFS beyond the window of 2022 but if it does come sooner that would be most welcome and would be subtle clever way of promoting it.

My favourite tundra screenshot is forzakingfam which is incredible.

forzakingfam-scaled.jpeg

Edited by dtrjones

Releasing Xbox AND Sim Update V on the same day!?  What could possibly go wrong.... 🙂

• Like 1

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

19 minutes ago, Flyfaster_MTN002 said:

Releasing Xbox AND Sim Update V on the same day!?  What could possibly go wrong.... 🙂

What a good point....Boy this is going to be fun....

Discord | YouTube | Facebook

34" Odyssey OLED G8 175Hz | 3440X1440 | AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | PNY VERTO OC GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER 16 GB | G.Skill Flare X5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F GAMING WIFI ATX AM5 | Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 | ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler | Fractal Design North XL ATX Full Tower Case

36 minutes ago, Flyfaster_MTN002 said:

If most of the Xbox crowd have already pre-downloaded their copy it might not as bad as I initially feared.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

58 minutes ago, eaim1973 said:

If most of the Xbox crowd have already pre-downloaded their copy it might not as bad as I initially feared.

I believe there will be way more SU5 downloads than there will be XBox copies downloaded but MS could of probably saved the cluster **** by not releasing them both at the same time. Maybe XBox on Wednesday and SU5  on Tuesday.

3 minutes ago, jbdbow1970 said:

I believe there will be way more SU5 downloads than there will be XBox copies downloaded but MS could of probably saved the cluster **** by not releasing them both at the same time. Maybe XBox on Wednesday and SU5  on Tuesday.

Or SU5 NOW and XBox  next week

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BijanStudio said:

That' just default scenery with different level of snow and different lighting. 

What's wrong with that? until they can get enough data.

Some places will never get accurate winter, not enough or even none daylight hours

Edited by bendead

17 minutes ago, bendead said:

What's wrong with that? until they can get enough data.

Some places will never get accurate winter, not enough or even none daylight hours

Nothing wrong with it at all. Few suggested it's a mod. i just think it's the default scenery.

• Like 1

Gaming Laptop:
MSI GS75 Stealth 5.6GHz Intel Core i9 - 10th gen 16 core CPU  -  32 GB DDR4 SDRAM  - 1TB SSD - RTX 2080 Super - 1920x1080 - 3 fans and cooling pipes.

3 hours ago, iFlySimX said:

What a good point....Boy this is going to be fun....

So I have a flight planned to Kansas City on Monday to take in a 4 game series between the Chicago White Sox and KC Royals.  So I should be good until after the Thursday afternoon game!  😜

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

LOD Problems - Trees, water - Several Releases SU 6 - SU 7. 

Does this mean trees fix does not arrive until the next two updates?

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

9 hours ago, tweekz said:

So I guess this screenshot teases seasons? Soon?

Well, he mentions full cycle of day-night and seasons in the video.

• Like 1

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

@ChaoticBeauty Late 🌲 for you this time. Forgot it was Thursday 😂

• Like 1

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

13 hours ago, jbdbow1970 said:

I think it will Xbox by far. 23M have Game Pass as of April '21. There will be plenty of curiosity on a new title since it was announced coming to the platform. I have an Xbox Series X and I'll be curios just to see how it performs.

Semper Fi 

That video on the Visual Effects SDK is mind-blowing when you think about how advanced this simulator is just from the SDK tools alone.

That node-graph editor running live inside the sim is just another example of how far ahead Asobo/Microsoft are with this.

Stuff like this will help to create a vibrant 3rd party ecosystem.  I would not want to be a competitor to this product at the moment.  The engineering effort behind even the SDK tools is formidable.

XUqQXE8.jpg

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MrFuzzy said:

Well, he mentions full cycle of day-night and seasons in the video.

Yeah I thought 'seasons' mentioned in the video was a slip of the tongue, I still do actually but now this screenshot has been selected - mounting evidence? 🙂

Edited by dtrjones
  • Like 1