Sign in to follow this  
ca_metal

MSFS running on XBOX Series S and X - Smooth!

12 minutes ago, danielwilliam said:

So it appears that one flys MSFS from an exterior view... Show us a video from inside the cockpit (from where I would have thought one would fly a simulator) showing the instruments ,glass screens and all, and then see what the FPS and or smoothness is.🤨

23 minutes ago, Happygillmore77 said:

So smooth! I mean, of course some hiccups will still happen here and there, but for 99% of time it seems it will be really smooth.

7800X3D@H170i // Msi RTX 4090 Trio // 32GB DDR5 6000mhz CL30 // 2TB + 1TB Nvme
Dell 27" 2127DGF - 1440p - Gsync - 165hz 
Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick Airbus // TCA Quadrant Airbus // TFRP T.Flight Rudder Pedals // Logitech Flight Multi Panel

The A320 footage in NYC is unbelievable and a game changer for the flight sim community. Can't believe I'll be able to fly out of JFK, LHR and other major hubs without worrying about FPS.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, B787Pilot3222 said:

The A320 footage in NYC is unbelievable and a game changer for the flight sim community. Can't believe I'll be able to fly out of JFK, LHR and other major hubs without worrying about FPS.

I flew in and out of KLGA yesterday in the DC6 , and had no problems at all. 

Edited by Bobsk8

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

3 hours ago, Pivot said:

Wonder if it has anything to do with D3D 12? Wasn't that what they were working on for the Xbox's?

They've said DX12 is just a wrapper on X-Box, they haven't implemented it directly yet. It's only there because X-Box is DX12 only.

That's why PC won't be getting it until later, because there's no point yet.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Kilo60 said:

Obviously some degradation in the sim visually has to have come from somewhere!

has always been the case and will always be the case, thats not MS/Asobo's fault, but the advantage of implementing customisation/scalability. as long as hardware improves, software developers will always be able to implement new features and enhance the graphics. endusers with lower spec hardware will never stop to complain, progress comes at a price. those lousy 500 $ to run MSFS on an xbox is nothing but breathtaking, a breakthrough, considered impossible only a few years ago. Amen.

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

• Like 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

9 hours ago, B787Pilot3222 said:

Never thought I would see the day when you could spend $500 and run a flight sim on max settings without worrying about FPS. Job well done.

Exactly!

Consider also that the new X-Box will run exactly the same SW than the PC , with same date release for upgrades and with access to put the same MODS. And it will support the same peripherals yoke, pedals, joy stick.....This is not just a play box for kids... trust me. This is Microsoft's response to grow the sim market big time. ..they reduce the entry price by about 75%. 500 bucks plus the SW licensee and you are there simming with decent performance.

Regards

AHS712D Alvaro Escorcia OMAA

Air Hispania Virtual Airline

• Like 2

AHS712D Alvaro Escorcia KSGR/OMAA
AirHispania Virtual Airline
MSFS / ASUS TUF Gaming F15-Refresh-144Hz / 11GenIntel (R)Core (TM) i7-11800H
NVIDIA-GeForce-RTX3060GPU / 1TB-Samsung SSD / 32GB-RAM
SAMSUNG-SmartMonitor-M7-32"4K

Gosh, I wonder what Tom A would think of all this 🙂 .

• Like 2

No. No, Mav, this is not a good idea.

Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower!

Intel (R) Core (TM) i7-10700 CPU @2.90Ghz, 32GB RAM,  NVIDEA GeForce RTX 3060, 12GB VRAM, Samsung QN70A 4k 65inch TV with VRR 120Hz Free Sync (G-Sync Compatible). 

Boeing Thrustmaster TCA Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant, Turtle Beach Velocity One Rudder Pedals.   

9 hours ago, BufordTX said:

I never thought I'd see the day when MSFS runs smoothly on a PC without worrying about FPS.  And I still haven't.

I get 60 FPS in MSFS with everything set on ultra 90% of the time. The real bummer is when I fly out of JFK and my FPS jumps down to a horrid 40 FPS. 😉 This sim runs incredibly well, whenever I see someone posting that they're having problems, I always reply that its most likely the PC. I had lots of issues early on with CTDs, until someone was nice enough to suggest I check my XMP settings in the BIOS. Sure enough, that was it. I think what it comes down to -- most times, its something to do with the PC, not the software. Sure, anything can crash and often does. Just last night I lost a LOT of work in photoshop because it crashed, and that software is ancient. 

8 hours ago, Kilo60 said:

Obviously some degradation in the sim visually has to have come from somewhere!  

No. Good performance can be achieved when things are coded properly. When multiple threads are running in parallel to complete their own smaller task. Now you are seeing. Things do not need to be dumbed down, just that it must be coded properly. That's what naysayers like you or @Janov never understood. And I'm sure this is just the beginning of graphics upgrades and eventually we will get more optimizations, dx12, upscaling, resizable bar, ray traced cockpits and reflections etc! Other sim developers need to take notice and upgrade their engine!!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, wlix261 said:

Exactly!

Consider also that the new X-Box will run exactly the same SW than the PC , with same date release for upgrades and with access to put the same MODS. And it will support the same peripherals yoke, pedals, joy stick.....This is not just a play box for kids... trust me. This is Microsoft's response to grow the sim market big time. ..they reduce the entry price by about 75%. 500 bucks plus the SW licensee and you are there simming with decent performance.

Regards

AHS712D Alvaro Escorcia OMAA

Air Hispania Virtual Airline

Not entirely true, the main control peripheral has to have an Xbox security chip. At the moment the only ones are the Xbox controller and the Thrustmaster Hotas One. Honeycomb are working on but not yet released. Pedals that plug into the Thrustmaster Hotas One will work too but that is it currently. Keyboards and mice are supported though.

Also the only mods that will work are ones released via the Market Place.

CJ

• Like 1