Sign in to follow this  
omarsmak30

Aerosoft is releasing Simple Traffic addon for AI Traffic

Asobo has really muddled up AI Traffic and there's no relief in sight.

13 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

Asobo has really muddled up AI Traffic and there's no relief in sight.

They'll fix it, it's causes CTDs.

22 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

What a load of lol

Wow yeah…I’m still probably going to buy the product for what it does but to defend the ugly AI models as being necessary for performance reasons, come on… 

• Upvote 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

7 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

They'll fix it, it's causes CTDs.

They will eventually fix the CTD issue, but the flaws in AI traffic may take a lot longer to repair. When I first started using MSFS, the offline AI traffic could be made to work with a lot of personal effort. AIFP for MSFS made it a bit easier. Now none of that works at all. I've temporarily given up and I'm going to wait for AIG to automate the process, just like in P3d5.

My issue with the mod is that they are using the "A3737-300" too often.   I'd consider it if there were more A320s but it looks like from the video it's 95% those A330 looking monstrosities. I would buy it if they got a good mix of A320s and larger transcon big twin where appropriate but it does not look like they have done that. So to me it has zero value and it is another of example of lazy money grabs. It's an opinion, my opinion.  

• Like 1

On 7/27/2021 at 6:42 PM, Tuskin38 said:

hm $15 or wait for something free?

I'd rather wait for the free.

It is just what you like:

I don’t need a airline simulator but a flight simulator. When I see KLM at EHAM and Air Canada at CYYZ, I am really happy! I want a believable environment  and really can’t be bothered if this or that plane actually flies on time.

Also this “one click installer” from AIG is quiet misleading I think, because it is not one click 😉

But I want to click once and then five minutes later traffic everywhere! So instant buy for me!

Edited by rob0203
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

On 7/27/2021 at 9:26 AM, Tuskin38 said:

I’m surprised CYHZ is one of the covered airports. Halifax is usually forgotten by people.

There’s only a few large parking spots big enough for the generic airliners there in the base sim scenery though, so you won’t be seeing a lot of planes parked.

Surprised to see my little airport KROA also listed. Parking spots are going to be a problem everywhere except big airports. We need AFCAD.

10 hours ago, desbean said:

Surprised to see my little airport KROA also listed. Parking spots are going to be a problem everywhere except big airports. We need AFCAD.

parking spots will be everywhere a problem, cause the default airports all have faulty parking sizes.....

• Like 1

AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png

15 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

They will eventually fix the CTD issue, but the flaws in AI traffic may take a lot longer to repair. When I first started using MSFS, the offline AI traffic could be made to work with a lot of personal effort. AIFP for MSFS made it a bit easier. Now none of that works at all. I've temporarily given up and I'm going to wait for AIG to automate the process, just like in P3d5.

Same here.  Spent many hours creating traffic files with AIFP3 & downloading and installing liveries from flightsim.to for offline AI and had over 250 Airlines flying with proper flightplans all over the world albeit all A320's and a few B747's but at least they flew to the correct airports and had the right liveries but the March update broke all of that so I switched to online traffic.  That worked fine and I had four models working (A320, A330, B747 & ATR's) with at least 90% livery/model matching until Tuesday's update made a mess out of that so I have also given up and will wait for AIG.

System: i7-11700K, ASUS Prime Z590M-PLUS Motherboard, G-Skills Trident Z Series 64 GB DDR4 3200, Corsair RM1000x80 PLUS Gold, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll, GeForce RTX 4070 Super FE, NVIDIA Drivers 546.65, WD Blue NVMe m2  500GB SSD for Windows 10 Home v21H2,  WD Black SN850X 2 TB NVMe m2  for MSFS, Toshiba 2TB HD for data and other games, ViewSonic XG2705-2K  27" 2560x1440 144hz Monitor,  Thrustmaster Airbus flight stick, Logitech M510 wireless Mouse.

No good news about this project after SU5

From Mathijs Kok

"Time for an update..., Not a good one. SimUpdate 5 wrecked this project as it changed the AI traffic and encrypted the files we were depending on. So at this moment this project is dead.   For me this is just a bummer and at this moment a loss of a solid day of work . For Jeff, who worked on this for months it is a massive blow the the groin.  Just imagine his position., how he feels. 

Now we have not given up. There are options but not as smooth and 'simply' as we were aiming for. These are explored. Plans are made, Spreadsheets that have costs and expected sales are being done.  We loved this project and if there is any way we can make it work it will be done. But we need the sim to be a stable platform. So it could all be taking a while.

On behalf of Aerosoft and Jeff, sorry."

https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/165563-simple-traffic-an-introduction/&do=findComment&comment=1050795

Edited by fra147
  • Like 1

That's very sad I'm sorry for you all.  Maybe best to park it until it matures more?

Edited by Noel

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

The files they want are encrypted?

Why are they touching core sim files? They shouldn't be touching core sim files.

Edited by Tuskin38

2 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

Why are they touching core sim files? They shouldn't be touching core sim files.

Who "they"? Microsoft or Aerosoft?

Is there any reason the former is locking these files out, if this was intentional, or could it just be a fluke in the SU5 distribution. Who knows.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)