Sign in to follow this  
Nyxx

Robert at PMDG on SU5 performance.

It a shame Bob is seeing diffrent on his screen, as like you have seen in my screenshots tonight it look like it did pre SU5. No change for me.

Driver 471.41

Edited by Nyxx
  • Upvote 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

1 minute ago, Nyxx said:

It a shame Bob is seeing diffrent on his screen, as like you have seen in my screenshot tonight it look like it did pre SU5. No change for me.

You all keep forgetting, Randazzo has complained to Asobo about this degradation of the VC. It is not just me, many on the PMDG forum, including the developer of PMDG are seeing what I am seeing. It looks good, you add the update, and no good. It's obvious to me what the problem is caused by. 

Edited by Bobsk8
  • Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

4 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

You all keep forgetting, Randazzo has complained to Asobo about this degradation of the VC. It is not just me, many on the PMDG forum, including the developer of PMDG are seeing what I am seeing. It looks good, you add the update, and no good. It's obvious to me what the problem is caused by. 

We are not saying its just you Bob, but as you can see, some like myself dont see any diffrence from before you said yourself just now, it looks like it did pre patch for you. I took them tonight and tried to match yours. Also other here have said the same, theres looks like mine. So its effects some and not others it seems.

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 2

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

You guys haven't seen the beta and it's hard for you to understand how different the DC-6 felt before the 1.18.13 release. It's 100% on the money on his assessment. 

Edited by fogboundturtle

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

Just now, fogboundturtle said:

You guys haven't seen the beta and it's hard for you to understand how different the DC-6 felt before the 1.18.13 release. It's 100% on the money on his assessment. 

That is really odd, though. What could they have done? I know Aerosoft spoke about "last minute changes" being the thing behind the delay of the CRJ patch. 

:ph34r:

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

5 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

We are not saying its just you Bob, but as you can see, some like myself dont see any diffrence from before you said yourself just now, it looks like it did pre patch for you. I took them tonight and tried to match yours. Also other here have said the same, theres looks like mine. So its effects some and not others it seems.

I wonder if it has anything to do with the resolution that users are running. I am using 2K.  Maybe in 4 K it looks OK after the update, but not in 2K With the VC exception and a few bugs that are now in the DC6, everything else in the update seems to work OK except that blasted blue arrow which I hate. 

Edited by Bobsk8

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

5 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Maybe in 4 K it looks OK after the update, but not in 2K With the VC exception and a few bugs that are now in the DC6, everything else in the update seems to work OK except that blasted blue arrow which I hate. 

I am using 1440p with 27inch screen, I dont see any issues here. How is your textures settings by the way? Maybe something there we can try and see if it helps.

• Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

My brother is a games developer, as I'm sure I've mentioned before. One of the games had issues that got him scratching his head for a while -- until they realised one of the dev team had accidentally uploaded an old build of their bit of code at the last minute instead of the new code. Just saying, sometimes a sudden change from a good state in beta testing to a buggy version in release can be a simple error (which isn't necessarily quick to trace). Not saying that has happened here, but someone said they were seeing a better version in beta before the update was released, so it's a possibility. Asobo will be on it, either way.

1 minute ago, omarsmak30 said:

I am using 1440p with 27inch screen, I dont see any issues here. How is your textures settings by the way? Maybe something there we can try and see if it helps.

Same settings I have been using since day one. most on high or ultra. haven't changed anything in 400 hours of flying. 

I ca definitely see the blurriness in Bob’s shots. Also experience it myself in default cockpits.

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

1 hour ago, Swe_Richard said:

That is really odd, though. What could they have done? I know Aerosoft spoke about "last minute changes" being the thing behind the delay of the CRJ patch. 

:ph34r:

EDITED:

The explanation is on page 1 of the thread.  At the last minute they Reverted back to the old method of culling objects without a defined level of detail set.  The new method (on the Xbox build & early beta) culls any object without a LOD set (basically a set of progressively lower res versions of an onbject) and doesn’t draw it all of its smaller than 5% of the screen size (eg the size of the popping taxiway signs in that leaked takeoff video).  The old version (which they reverted back to) culled at 0.5%

Up to this point there have been a lot of addons that didn’t make LOD sets for some or all of their objects - it is a lot of work and takes time.  Thus this change can cause a lot of geo to not render - which obviously increases FPS.  Going forward if we want to reap back some of the improved frame rates of the Xbox version and beta, devs have to start making this a common practice, esp in the freeware that we all have tons of.

As a result, Asobo was worried about the negative feedback from the beta forums and feared breaking a ton of addons (which Xbox could have had far fewer of) so they kept the old scheme for the pc release.  Thus we don’t get as big an FPS bump as they had through most of the beta.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, VFXSimmer said:

The explanation is on page 1 of the thread.  At the last minute they Reverted back to the old method of culling objects without a defined level of detail set.  The new method (on the Xbox build & early beta) culls any object without a LOD set (basically a set of progressively lower res versions of an onbject) and doesn’t draw it all of its smaller than 5% of the screen size (eg the size of the popping taxiway signs in that leaked takeoff video).  The old version (which they reverted back to) culled at 0.5%

They we’re worried about the negative feedback from the beta forums and feared breaking a ton of addons (which Xbox could have had far fewer of) so they kept the old scheme for the pc release.  Thus we don’t get as big an FPS bump as they had through most of the beta.

Yep. 10000000% that. 

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

So we went through a 10 + hour update for nothing?....lol

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

1 hour ago, Bobsk8 said:

I wonder if it has anything to do with the resolution that users are running. I am using 2K.  Maybe in 4 K it looks OK after the update, but not in 2K With the VC exception and a few bugs that are now in the DC6, everything else in the update seems to work OK except that blasted blue arrow which I hate. 

I am using 2k too, texture resolution "ultra".

1 minute ago, Jeff Nielsen said:

So we went through a 10 + hour update for nothing?....lol

Not nothing - this was only one of the performance changes.  The rest stayed, Thus we still do have some fps improvement (15-20%). Just not all that could have been aparently.

• Like 1