Sign in to follow this  
177B

Poll. How is the U5 update and hot fix behaving for you?

How is the U5 update and hot fix behaving for you?  

359 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. How is the U5 update and hot fix behaving for you?

• Same as before
    • Better frame rate but worse graphics
    • Better frame rate and graphics fine after some tweaks
    • CTD's unusable
    • I am leaving for FSX or XP or P3D
    • A bit worse LOD problems

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/07/2021 at 04:00 AM

36 minutes ago, Espana Pete said:

Please excuse my ignorance but how do you revert to an older driver (I usually just use the GeForce Experience to update). Do I have to find the old drivers on a web site somewhere?

Advanced Driver Search | NVIDIA

• Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Looking at the poll results this morning it appears that around  50% of the responses  have listed either graphics that are inferior to SU4, or problems with SU5. So half the users don't like the result of SU5. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

2 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

So half the users don't like the result of SU5

Or looked at another way, 75% are happy with the better frame rates they got.

• Like 1

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

23 minutes ago, scotchegg said:

Or looked at another way, 75% are happy with the better frame rates they got.

Better FPS with horrible looking graphics and CTDs is a good thing in your opinion?  🤨

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Hyperbole.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

To me, the interesting finding in this poll is that the largest group, nearly half of all responders, reports that SU5 gave them an increase in performance with no loss in graphics; another 5% reports no change. This contradicts the impression that those unhappy with SU5 are a large majority. It doesn't solve anything but does put the issue in perspective.

The way I see it is less then 1 out of 5 users ( 18% ) feel negative about this update.

Like after any major update, and this was a huge one, seeing how it introduced a whole new platform and thousands of more users. There are some bugs and you have to change a few settings to get back to where you were.

This happened to me many times in X-plane and FSX. Third party aircraft and utilities  stopped working until developers came out with fixes. Some times this took months.

It is amazing to me that MS/ASOBO have kept up this incredible rate of new releases. And that they work as well as they do. If you think about it has been less than a year since the release, and for me at least every release has been an improvement, yes some caused problems, but for me they have all been easily overcome. And it amazes me how quickly both freeware and payware additions have been patched.

I think one of the things that makes a sim run well is to have a dedicated machine only for simming, and I also think it is a bad idea to overclock and over tweak systems.

This last update really improved the frame rate for me and by changing a few settings my graphics are as good if not better than before. I guess this shows what my vote was. I use a machine that is by no means a high end machine, it was built 5 years ago specially for plying X-plane. I am amazed that it works so smoothly with no hardware updates. Seems I may get a few more years out of this system, and that seems pretty amazing to me. Specs for my system is in my signature.

The thing that is both great and a weak point in this sim is that it depends on a solid pretty fast internet connection, and I do believe this is huge part of the problem for a lot of users.

Please sim on and I hope everyone can solve their problems. 😎

• Like 1

Pit.jpg

Com GA Pilot, Retired • MSFS 2020 • Gigabyte 8th gen lga1151 motherboard z2370 hd3, i5 8600 8th gen 4.3ghz, Thermaltake 750w power supply, 4 x 8gb ddr4 dimm, MSI force GTO 1070 8gb ddr5, 4 SSD's • 4K main display with 3 HD displays, one is a touch screen. Often used as 3 1080P NVIDEA surround screens and one HD touchscreen for AirManager

Thing is...the poll system is a radio button (single) choice affair.

If there were check (tick) boxes instead you'd likely find many people selecting multiple items from the choice list.  Many are seeing large FPS increase (I did) but degraded graphics for example alongside control problems. And for some increased CTDs are just trashing the usability of the sim as well.

IMO it's hard / impossible to derive exactly what percentage proportion of users feel negative.  It's far more nuanced than that; some people are happy, others to various degrees are unhappy. Wish I was in the first group but I'm not.

I'm actually taking grain of comfort from the fact that Asobo have fallen very quiet after the hotfix.  I'd sooner they take a breath and analyse the feedback carefully rather than rush a flaky follow up patch out.

33 minutes ago, 177B said:

The way I see it is less then 1 out of 5 users ( 18% ) feel negative about this update.

Which, judging by past-history, means it's just about time those who don't like how the poll is turning out start challenging, reinterpreting, and repudiating the results, methodology, etc....... 

Edited by HiFlyer

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I get almost same performance (!) with exact same settings and config. Also I get a bit worse LOD and bugs like mouse cursor problems and panning stutter.

I don't understand why I don't get any improvement on performance like others. 

RTX 3070 - Ryzen 5600X  

Faruk IŞIK