Sign in to follow this  
ianlighting

Next Gen XPlane (Gen-X) "Choose your destination!"

4 hours ago, mSparks said:

This is why it bugged me. I dont really understand my point...

There is a lot of conflicting information that I'm really struggling to consolidate. 

We've had tons of discussions about what XP needs to address in the next roll out, most if not all of that looks like it will be, but I am left feeling there is an important part of the jigsaw missing.

I used to think it was just about the marketing - I expected a lot more people to land on msfs just because perceptions were controlled so slickly, but the huge jump in msfs users after the recent MSFS update makes it look like something more, by all accounts that msfs update should have been minor compared to XP11.40 to XP11.55 - but XP usage barely budged an inch, however there is nothing I can put my finger on to explain why, maybe it was just the xbox launch reminded people they had it.

Even completely ignoring whats happening with MSFS, XP11 growth stalled all the way back in April 2020, thats well after MSFS was announced (June 2019) but well before it released.

XP is outdated my friend. You can pontificate all you like but until XP12 arrives there is nothing to debate anymore. The SU5 update certainly caused my confidence in the new sim to waver. But it's been fixed. I'm back to the visuals I am used to with a 25% FPS boost and the CTDs have disappeared. MSFS is now so far ahead of XP for a home user like me I am beginning to worry that XP12 will be able to match it in any way.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, jarmstro said:

MSFS is now so far ahead of XP for a home user like me

well. while trying to find what msfs did right in april 2020 i found that is when P3Dv5 launched.

Also, a lot of the people that come onto the 744 discord are coming from P3D.

So it seems to me maybe both XP and MSFS are swimming in the wake of the P3D update and we just dont see it because its not on steam.

Edited by mSparks

AutoATC Developer

7 hours ago, jarmstro said:

I am beginning to worry that XP12 will be able to match it in any way.

How nice of you to worry like that.

🙂

I think X-Plane is pretty safe as a viable flight sim.  I liken this market to Ford vs Chevy.  Lambourghini vs Ferrari.  Audi vs BMW.  McLaren vs Lotus.

They're all still around, and they all have their customers.  

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, GoranM said:

I liken this market to Ford vs Chevy.  Lambourghini vs Ferrari.  Audi vs BMW.  McLaren vs Lotus.

It may be more like a Ferrari vs. Tesla.

One comes with a modern new engine that also happens to also be faster.  :tongue:

All kidding aside, competition is good so I hope both stick around.

Edited by Gulfstream

7 minutes ago, Gulfstream said:

It may be more like a Ferrari vs. Tesla.

What an ironic statement.  Austin actually has both these cars.  😉 

Actually, he has a Ferrari and Tesla for himself, and he bought his wife a Tesla.  

8 minutes ago, Gulfstream said:

All kidding aside, competition is good so I hope both stick around.

I'm somewhat convinced MSFS is the reason Austin and Co. went all out to make something that could square up against it.  So indeed, competition is good.  It forces people to up their game.  

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, GoranM said:

I'm somewhat convinced MSFS is the reason Austin and Co. went all out to make something that could square up against it.

Which you gotta admit, is kinda amusing if they are both losing to P3D.

given

That would put priority 1 on the clouds - which also talies with the interest in enhanced cloudscapes (and XE of course).

Edited by mSparks

AutoATC Developer

2 hours ago, GoranM said:

What an ironic statement.  Austin actually has both these cars.  😉 

Actually, he has a Ferrari and Tesla for himself, and he bought his wife a Tesla.  

I'm somewhat convinced MSFS is the reason Austin and Co. went all out to make something that could square up against it.  So indeed, competition is good.  It forces people to up their game.  

You win the competition for how many times you can mention your Dear Leader in one post.😀

Hey, the guys product gave me a living where I was able to watch my daughter grow up, work from home, have no employer, work with great people who have become very close friends, in a hobby that I have a great passion for. If all that makes me someone refer to Austin as “my Dear Leader”, I’ll wear it!

Edited by GoranM
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, GoranM said:

Hey, the guys product gave me a living where I was able to watch my daughter grow up, work from home, have no employer, work with great people who have become very close friends, in a hobby that I have a great passion for. If all that makes me someone refer to Austin as “my Dear Leader”, I’ll wear it!

But surely he isnt worthy of that title unless he also convinces poor kids in far off destinations to drink live polio virus.

Not a true "Dear Leader" until he is responsible for at least 10,000 dead and maimed.

AutoATC Developer

1 hour ago, GoranM said:

If all that makes me someone refer to Austin as “my Dear Leader”, I’ll wear it!

My god. You kiss the masters shoes too? XP is not a Ferrari sim. Time has passed it by. The year is 2021 yet it is lacking in so many ways. Reality sinks in, not expecting anything ground breaking in 12 either.

4 hours ago, mSparks said:

That would put priority 1 on the clouds - which also talies with the interest in enhanced cloudscapes (and XE of course).

I don't find these clouds noteworthy. From above it looks like a large white tiled carpet. If XP12 looks similar it's a No Buy. Laminar must deliver proper clouds.

And that's Greasy finally in my ignore list. Honestly how he has gotten away with his endless negativity and trolling in this forum is beyond me. It's characters like him that are fuelling my disillusionment with flight simming in general, on all platforms. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Jason E Row

Follow me on Youtube https://www.youtube.com/user/JasonRowPhotography

28 minutes ago, Greazer said:

My god. You kiss the masters shoes too? XP is not a Ferrari sim. Time has passed it by. The year is 2021 yet it is lacking in so many ways. Reality sinks in, not expecting anything ground breaking in 12 either.

🤣🤣

You make me laugh, Greazer.  You really do.

8 minutes ago, yidahoo said:

And that's Greasy finally in my ignore list. Honestly how he has gotten away with his endless negativity and trolling in this forum is beyond me. It's characters like him that are fuelling my disillusionment with flight simming in general, on all platforms. 

That's what he wants.  He wants people to hate X-Plane, and he'll do whatever he can to provoke a reaction.  

There's a saying in my country.  "Blowing out one candle doesn't make the other one appear brighter".

Greazer, somehow, thinks the opposite is true.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3