Sign in to follow this  
flyinpilot212121

Do any of you use a tablet with msfs?

Hi everyone, 

Opposite to the title of this post, I know many use tablets with flight sims..im looking for a recommendation on a decent tablet that would be well priced to simply look at charts and weather forecast. Im not sure I want to dump 300$ on an iPad, looking for something at about 100$ As this tablet will only be used for sim purpose. Any decent tablets on the cheap (I know usually “decent” and “cheap” don’t go hand in hand)

TIA

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

I use foreflight for my real world flying and also use it for the sim

• Like 1

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Yes. The FltPlan Go app in concert with the Fltplan.com web site.  And for what it is worth it works great with FSX/FSX SE/and P3D.  Not sure about xPlane.

Edited by fppilot
  • Upvote 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Been using fltplan.com with software that connects to iPad for sometime. The connecting software makes the tablet work as if it were in a real world airplane with moving map, aircraft position on charts, etc.

Not sure if available for Android though.

Using my Ipad for Simbrief and Charts, nothing special.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fppilot said:

Yes. The FltPlan Go app in concert with the Fltplan.com web site.  And for what it is worth it works great with FSX/FSX SE/and P3D.  Not sure about xPlane.

That looks pretty awesome.  Shame it's only for North America, though.  Anyone know of something similar with moving map/approach charts with worldwide coverage (apart from having to pay for Navigraph)?

Same, use my old iPad Pro for Simbrief, Navigraph Charts and SimplatesX.

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

Since nobody's actually recommended any cheap tablets yet(!)...

I currently use a Vankyo Z10 and a Teclast M40 (both 10in). They are both fast, with good amounts of RAM (I'd say 2GB is minimum for a 7/8in tablet and 3GB for a 10in). They are cheap but reliable Chinese tablets and have metal bodies which appeals to me. The Z10 seems to be either out of stock at present or discontinued.

Teclast M40 on Amazon.ca

and here's a different Vankyo, the S20

They do both of course do smaller models if a 10in is bigger than you need.

Teclast tablets

Vankyo tablets

Edited by 109Sqn
typo
  • Like 1

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

21 hours ago, z06z33 said:

I use foreflight for my real world flying and also use it for the sim

What app do you use for connecting MSFS data to FF?

20 hours ago, 109Sqn said:

Since nobody's actually recommended any cheap tablets yet(!)...

I currently use a Vankyo Z10 and a Teclast M40 (both 10in). They are both fast, with good amounts of RAM (I'd say 2GB is minimum for a 7/8in tablet and 3GB for a 10in). They are cheap but reliable Chinese tablets and have metal bodies which appeals to me. The Z10 seems to be either out of stock at present or discontinued.

Teclast M40 on Amazon.ca

and here's a different Vankyo, the S20

They do both of course do smaller models if a 10in is bigger than you need.

Teclast tablets

Vankyo tablets

LoL,

thanks I’ll check these out! 

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

46 minutes ago, anitelite said:

Will an Amazon 8" or 10" Fire tablet work ??

I was looking at these, they aren’t to pricey, would be curious on how they perform overall. 

wife has a 10" Fire tablet.  Its fairly good for general internet browsing but its no speed demon......

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, anitelite said:

wife has a 10" Fire tablet.  Its fairly good for general internet browsing but its no speed demon......

I think all I would need is internet browsing. I open my charts via a webrowser anywhere I can find them with a google search, I’m not sure I’d want to connect navigraph, mainly because I don’t have a subscription to it!