Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

Hotfix 1.18.15.0 is now live!

7 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Should it work better if we did not go over to standard?

That won't matter, at least it doesn't for me. ATC is still seeing the wrong altitude.

Doing my first flight after Hotfix 2 in the Just Flight Turbo Arrow. 

Everything is up to date, including drivers.

Ultra settings, both LOD at 200. 

Colors looks washed out. Overexposed.
FPS is not better than before SU5, now at 50 fps over open water. (Flying between islands in the Bahamas.)
Shadows in cockpit are flickering. 
Screen tearing, something I've not experienced with G-Sync on since the release of MSFS 2020.
CPU is only using 4 out of 24 threads.
RAM is at 11 GB out of 64.
VRAM is at 6 GB out of 24.

If I didn't know better, one would think this would run fine on a toaster. (warning for those easily offended: joke)

Edited by Republic3D

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

Just downloaded the new patch. What about the LOD tweaks? Are they needed anymore? 

Tapani Österberg

12 minutes ago, Republic3D said:

FPS is not better than before SU5, now at 50 fps over open water. (Flying between islands in the Bahamas.)
Screen tearing, something I've not experienced with G-Sync on since the release of MSFS 2020.

If I didn't know better, one would think this would run fine on a toaster. (warning for those easily offended: joke)

Same here

Was there an Hotfix, or was just a Placebo joke ???

• Like 1

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 4090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 8K Samsung Q900A 65" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

Guest devgrp
4 hours ago, abrams_tank said:

Well, if you're running Windows 11, then yeah, things may be broken.  I don't think Asobo is focusing their testing on Windows 11 yet, since Windows 11 isn't even officially out for the public to purchase.  I wonder how many people that had to install the X-Box app were running Windows 11.  

I'm running windows 11 and use the Xbox app to install. I didn't really have a problem. I just clicked on the sim in the Xbox app and let it sit for a while, then the update popped up and started downloading. 

As far as the Xbox app goes, it depends on the version of the Microsoft store app you have installed. If it's updated to the latest version it will send you to the Xbox app to download 

Guest devgrp
42 minutes ago, steve310002 said:

FSDreamteam's Basel and Zurick and MK Studio's Dublin Aiport so far all CTD with the FBW A320 for me. I tried LOWI and Edinburgh default and it loads fine so seems to be something bizarre going on with payware airports or at least some payware and FBW non default liveries.

Those 2 fsdt airports has been updated fyi

Looks like they fixed the tool tips now, at least in the JF Arrow. You can read heading and latitude when you adjust it. 

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 Fenix A320, FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, , Milviz C 310

spacer.png

So after a few flights I'm pretty confident that I've lost a few frames, but the visuals are breathtaking - so I'll take that.

Worryingly I've had two CTD, never had one of those since the first few weeks after release. So I'll disable my community folder and try again, maybe now it doesn't like something.

My fps are now limited to 20 in game menu, so 48 in reality on my monitor - just to keep temps down. Regardless of this I've. Not had any bad stutters so far

Edited by hanhamreds

Ryzen 5900x - 32gb 3600Mhz RAM - Asus Strix X570-F Motherboard - ASUS TUF OC RTX 3090 - AOC AGON 32" 144Hz - LG OLED55CX5LB 55" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED - 1TB Sabrent Rocket M.2 + 2TB PCIe4.0 NVMe drive's - Samsung EVO 670 SSD 250gb - 2TB 3.5" HDD - Honeycomb Alpha Flight controls Yoke - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog. T Flight Rudder Pedals - Trackir

First they brought it to PC, then to XBox, now they'll have to bring it to PC again I guess? 😄

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

Loving the Steam version.  Auto-updated for me seamlessly as usual.  Did my first canned "bush trip" activity flight ever in VR this morning to see what those are about (usually I just roll my own) and things look good although not quite as smooth as right after the SNAFU5 update, but better than before the update and after the first hotfix.  

Then went to shoot some touch & goes at SEQM with the DC-6 in regular monitor mode with TrackIR.  FYI it is a BEAUTIFUL day right now to fly out of Quito, Ecuador.  Things look fantastic and VERY smooth with higher settings than pre-update.  And those nasty downdrafts on the approach to runway 36 added nicely to the challenge.

Overall fairly happy so far. Haven't had any CTD's since the first hotfix although I still have all traffic turned off.

Edited by Stoopy

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

18 hours ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

Over Seattle at FL350. Terrain Level of Detail at 200. Thoughts?

Microsoft-Flight-Simulator-Screenshot-20

Looked rather sharp to me even at 100 I'd say.

The serpia coloring in this night shot is blown out way too much. Looks worse than P3D. 

• Like 2

Eric 

55 minutes ago, Republic3D said:

Try resetting your graphics, data and cache options in sim - the issue with saving settings may still be unresolved. 

4 minutes ago, B777ER said:

The serpia coloring in this night shot is blown out way too much. Looks worse than P3D. 

Biggest let down for me is the night flying experience absolute ka ka and my favorite time to fly which is not happening in MSFS really liked XP night environment

Rich Sennett

the degraded performance after a while with live traffic enabled still happens. I went from 50 to 30 over 2 hours. Turned off AI and turned it back on, and it jumped back up to 50.

• Like 1