Sign in to follow this  
JYW

1 year in, what's your general view on payware aircraft??

26 minutes ago, SierraDelta said:

At least I'm able to take one thing away from this thread, namely the fact that one particular developer - should he ever decide to offer any product for MSFS - will never see one single penny from me. Simple as that.

I'm sure I'll live.  But thanks for letting us all know...for whatever reason.

😉

Edited by GoranM

24 minutes ago, SierraDelta said:

At least I'm able to take one thing away from this thread, namely the fact that one particular developer - should he ever decide to offer any product for MSFS - will never see one single penny from me. Simple as that.

I don’t know about that. A certain SAAB of his is freaking awesome and I would fork up the dough for it in MSFS in a heartbeat. 

• Like 2

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

1 minute ago, Swe_Richard said:

I don’t know about that. A certain SAAB of his is freaking awesome and I would fork up the dough for it in MSFS in a heartbeat. 

Thanks Richard.  That comment is truly very much appreciated!

We'll see what the future holds as far as MSFS is concerned.

• Like 1

You'll forgive my ignorance regarding the Saab, is it a 340? Because a 340B with a functional FMC would be great.

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

14 minutes ago, ckyliu said:

You'll forgive my ignorance regarding the Saab, is it a 340? Because a 340B with a functional FMC would be great.

I don't really want to discuss X-Plane add ons, particularly mine, in an MSFS thread too much, but yes.  340A with a Garmin G530.

We're making something now with a fully functioning FMS.  But I don't think it's appropriate, or allowed, for me to talk about X-Plane add ons I'm involved with in an MSFS forum.  

If you have any questions, feel free to DM me.

I’ve been happy so far with MSFS payware. As much as it pains me, I have the Carenado M20, C170, and PA44…and they have provided me with some of my most enjoyable flights ever in my 30 years of flight sim. I know - no need to tell me. I am part of the problem. I hate that they’ve been so slow on getting an update out post-SU5. But when they do work…it is so much fun.

Matthew Maclauchlan

8 hours ago, GoranM said:

I don't really want to discuss X-Plane add ons, particularly mine, in an MSFS thread too much, but yes.  340A with a Garmin G530.

We're making something now with a fully functioning FMS.  But I don't think it's appropriate, or allowed, for me to talk about X-Plane add ons I'm involved with in an MSFS forum.  

If you have any questions, feel free to DM me.

Goran please more focus on making the Saab available for MSFS and less focusing on endless debates with avsim folks, plz ❤️

On 8/22/2021 at 7:24 PM, Chock said:

It's as well to be aware of how long these things took to make before, and to realistically recall what has gone prior to this without any rose-tinted aviators colouring your memory of the availability of stuff for FSX et all, before complaining about how long it is taking for stuff to arrive, because compared to previous flight simulators, MSFS releases are going at a positively ballistic rate...

Unlike when FSX was released, sim fans have aged and are much older. There's a lot less time to spare. Devs need to be much quicker before their fan base crash into the (under) ground or go up in smoke, figuratively speaking.

Edited by bofhlusr
Correct typo.
  • Like 2

Hardware: i7-8700k, GTX 1070-ti, 32GB ram, NVMe/SSD drives with lots of free space.
Software: latest Windows 10 Pro, P3Dv4.5+, FSX Steam, and lots of addons (100+ mostly Orbx stuff).

Pilotfly.gif?raw=1

50 minutes ago, bofhlusr said:

Unlike when FSX was released, sim fans have aged and are much older. There's a lot less time to spare. Devs need to be much quicker before their fan base crash into the (under) ground or go up in smoke, figuratively speaking.

I think the Xbox release will attract a younger demographic, and in particular the Reno air racing mode with online competition is a master stroke.  It's just what the hobby needs.

• Like 1

Given the quality of the default aircraft I like in MSFS 2020 (coupled with the mods), I'm not missing anything in the moment. For me to buy an addon plane it would have to be at the level of what the WT guys are doing or above AND be a GA jet or a Turboprop. I don't see any of this on the horizon.

8 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

or a Turboprop. I don't see any of this on the horizon.

The MILVIZ ATR-72-600 is on the way, with an EFIS 500 variant to follow. It's probably the most common turboprop airliner there is, so it should float most people's boat for short haul stuff, and, in its MP variant (which is basically a 600 with some more electronic gizmos) it is used by several military operators as well for recon, ASW and AWACs stuff.

Edited by Chock

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

On 8/24/2021 at 6:43 AM, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

Carenado are what they are. Guaranteed spectacular visuals, everything else is just pot luck.  They are consistently top class for visuals but their flight models

I would argue that the MSFS default plane models are giving Carenado a run for their money. So, the question is: what can Carenado bring to the table? It sure won't be their sophisticated avionics or flight models.

3 hours ago, bofhlusr said:

well, or maybe even literally.......

When I started flightsimming, I was still in graduate school and had all the time in the world. Now, I'm happy if I can get a couple of hours of simming in over the weekend.

2 hours ago, Malcolm Street said:

I think the Xbox release will attract a younger demographic, and in particular the Reno air racing mode with online competition is a master stroke.  It's just what the hobby needs.

Absolutely.

Simming as a hobby was dying a slow death, surviving on the dedication of an ever smaller group of "study level" sim fans who were gradually all dying off from old age.

In a sad way, kind of the gaming equivalent of Harley Davidson who locked themselves into a particular customer base who are gradually getting geriatric and replacing their Harleys with mobility scooters.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

On 8/23/2021 at 1:18 PM, Swe_Richard said:

Only have the DC-6 and the Aerosoft CRJ. Like the CRJ but the DC-6 is my favorite. That one is coziness and immersion manifest in physical form.

I agree.   I do like some of the cabin audio effects the CRJ has though.   But imo,  the CRJ requires more attention to fly and land than the DC-6.