Sign in to follow this  
Ianrivaldosmith

Update is live

7 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

Woah, is that a custom jetway model, not stock MSFS jetway?

Nope, stock after the WU Germany....

4 minutes ago, CJ1045 said:

To be clear the XBOX app has been for a few months the app that MS uses for ALL game platforms. Think of it as XBOX console AND XBOX PC.

CJ

Yeah, but prior to SU5, nobody needed to install the X-Box app just to see the update for MSFS in the Microsoft Store.  Only in SU5 did people have to start to download the X-Box app just to see the update for MSFS in the Microsoft Store.

I didn't have to get the X-Box app for SU5 but I heard people had problems getting the update for MSFS in the Microsoft Store without the X-Box app.  Today, for WU6, I became part of the group of people that had to get the X-Box app just to get the update for MSFS from the Microsoft Store.

That is a nasty bug. I'm lucky that I follow the official MSFS forums, Discord, and the MSFS forum here in AVSIM so I figured it out.  Some people don't follow the official MSFS forums, Discord, or this MSFS forum in AVSIM so those people will probably never figure it out, lol.

• Like 1

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

1 minute ago, Ricardo41 said:

Nope, stock after the WU Germany....

So it's not using the same generic Jetway model used at nearly every other airport in the sim?

Just now, Aristoteles said:

Odd, still waiting for Store to even allow me to download....

Yeah..that is odd.  Worked for me but I started thru MSFS addon Installer app.

36 minutes ago, Republic3D said:

Installing and launching the Xbox App from the Microsoft Store worked for me too. Finally updating!

Guess if there was ANY doubt that MS has always planned this app as an XBOX app as THE priority....there should be ZERO doubt now. 🤔

Yeah....I had to jump thru the same ridiculous hoop to get the download started...thanks for the heads up MS/Asobo. 🤬

• Like 2

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

6 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

So it's not using the same generic Jetway model used at nearly every other airport in the sim?

EDDS is now a "handcrafted" airport after this update. 

28 minutes ago, captain420 said:

I'm not seeing an update for World Update 6

image.png

Go into 'Marketplace', select 'Paid' It is in that section. Don't download it until you have updated the base sim first.

• Like 1

i7 12700K , 32GB RAM @3600MHz, Asus Z690-Plus D4 MB, Gainward 4090 RTX Graphics, 850W Corsair PSU, Kraken AIO watercooler, Nvme 1TB ssd, 1TB ssd, 500GB ssd.

1 hour ago, John Fields said:

I had to restarted the PC twice.

By the way... what's is Offscreen Terrain Pre-Caching?

Regards

Offscreen Terrain Pre-Caching

“Offscreen terrain caching” is now available on PC. This option defines what level of detail your offscreen terrain will stream into memory. This is located in General Options > Graphics.

The definition of “Off screen terrain” is anything not currently visible behind the user.

Question from the community: “If set to Ultra, all the offscreen terrain will be cached at full quality - does this include buildings and trees in addition to ground terrain?” Yes, this includes not only terrain but buildings, trees, photogrammetry, textures, and everything else in the world.

It will have four settings:

• Low - This setting will improve performance but a lot of terrain data is streamed at a lower quality behind the user, while FPS drops may increase when turning your head.
  • Medium - This is what you currently have right now in the current build. The terrain behind the user is streamed at a lower quality and reduces the impact on memory and FPS, but when turning your head will need to stream the terrain and FPS drops may occur in that moment.
  • High - High will be an intermediate state between Medium and Ultra
  • Ultra - This is will have no offscreen caching at all, and everything will be maxed out based on your graphics setting. The quality in front of the user is the same as from behind the user, so nothing needs to be loaded. This could come with some FPS drops when turning the head, but would result in higher FPS and lower memory usage when looking forward and not turning your head quickly.

image001 (1)

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

Okay - first impressions (with everything on ultra, except SS at 4x4; rolling cache re-enabled @ 32GB).

- The new pre-caching setting is working a treat. SO much smoother now when looking ahead or panning.

- LOD at distance seems improved. Definitely noticeable when flying over photogrammetry.

- Cloud reflections are improved as well (wonder if that has to do with the new raymarched setting in graphics options).

- Clouds seem to pixelate less when flying through.

Will keep testing, but so far so good based on things in the changelog. Fingers crossed.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

EDDS is now a "handcrafted" airport after this update. 

I know, but none of the other handcrafted airports in previous World Updates have had custom jetway models before, that's why I'm trying to clarify.

Edited by Tuskin38

For the first time when I opened up the store the update caught.  I didn't have to restart the PC.  Just about done installing marketplace WU content.  So far so good.  

I wonder if the issues that people are still having are on the xbox/game pass side of the house?  

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

I am not getting nothing to update in the MS Store. More shenanigans.  

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

1 minute ago, Tuskin38 said:

I know, but none of the other handcrafted airports in previous World Updates have had custom jetway models before, that's why I'm trying to clarify.

Yes, those jetways are clearly custom.

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

[RANT]

Call me odd but I don't like the thought of MS forcing yet another app (the Xbox app) on me, particularly not after this whole Xbox compliant dumbing down of what was supposed to become a flight simulator and a year of zero progress in that direction  and a lot of "2 steps forward and 3 steps back".  I'm currently genuinely pixxed off and it might be just the straw that finally breaks the camel's back.

I do expect an update for a PC app I bought from the MS Store will be coming from that store like before, if that doesn't work anymore without installing a pretty unrelated app I'd call that broken and if that's a planned change I'd expect an announcement saying so!

While I never had a problem with the updates I noticed very well how the procedures changed - initially, when there was a mandatory update, the update silently started when the message appeared on the screen and you would only know if you opened the Start menu and noticed the progress bar underneath the FS entry there.  That apparently confused a lot of people so they changed that to popping up the MS store page - without announcement, which again confused a lot of people.  Now they apparently changed the process again without announcement and we have to download the Xbox app, which installs yet another startup process and service and whatnot, so I'll probably try to uninstall that all, just to be forced to install it again for the next update... while I'm still using a PC and not an Xbox. 

I don't think I'll be going there, I'll be trying again in a few days and if the update still doesn't work as expected this might be the end of my Flight 2020 experiment.

[/RANT]

Edited by Captain Nuts
  • Like 1