Sign in to follow this  
RobJC

Getting CTDs again…

15 hours ago, Hernan1 said:

Good for you Spitzer45, but how about the rest of us who simply play this game? What is a CPU Overclock? Is tthis a secret that only the "elite" MSFS users know about? How about sharing your solution with the rest of us.

If you don't know cpu overclock, then your pc is probably good. 🙂

• Like 1

C. Uygar

Aircraft Maint. Engineer. at LTFJ

Had a long uneventful flight with the King Air last night so it appears the WT CJ4, DC-6 and TBM are the only planes causing CTDs right now. I have not tried the FBW A320 yet as it always gave my PC random issues. I will try it next. 

Edited by RobJC

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

If it helps, I've been using the FBW experimental for the last month and never had an issue with it.

Give it a go and be delighted!

i7 12700K , 32GB RAM @3600MHz, Asus Z690-Plus D4 MB, Gainward 4090 RTX Graphics, 850W Corsair PSU, Kraken AIO watercooler, Nvme 1TB ssd, 1TB ssd, 500GB ssd.

Just had a CTD with the Cirrus and I haven't been having much issues with CTDs. Was just flying along in cruise then the sound stopped for a few seconds and the sim closed.

I have the G1000 NXi installed.

Intel Core i5-12600k, Nvidia RTX 2080 Super, 64 Gigs.

The last 5 flights I've done (which were in the Germany, Austria area) have all CTD'd. Never had a CTD issue anywhere before the latest update. Now I can't even complete a flight.

• i7-11700k @ 5.1 GHz | EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 | 32 GB RAM | 4 1TB SSD's (2 NVME, 2 SATA) | 43" 4k screen | Win 11 Pro | 
  • Simming since SubLogic Flight Sim II

I think they know they need to work on a fix for this, 6 days since I sent my request to Zendesk and still not a single reply! My request is still showing as open...

I have a new computer coming tomorrow as my 5 year old pc is showing its age now, I will be very surprised if the new computer makes any difference on the CTD front!

i9-11900k@5.1ghz | MSI Rtx3080ti 12gb | 32gb DDR4 Ram 3600mhz | 1Tb M.2 SSD | 4K LG C1 48" TV | Asus Tuf Gaming VG27AQ 27"  | Corsair iCUE H100i  Liquid Cooler |

1 hour ago, RabH said:

I think they know they need to work on a fix for this, 6 days since I sent my request to Zendesk and still not a single reply!

I had some at zendesk that were unsolved after a good 3 weeks, then all of a sudden all 3 were solved.  

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

spacer.pngHi. I get CTD right after this window shows up. It never completes loading the update.  I can’t even get FS to open the game like most of you do. I’ve updated drivers, terminated, repaired/reset and uninstalled Xbox all to no avail. At this point I’m contemplating uninstalling/reinstalling FS. Is this a good idea?

My Computer Specs:

Alien Aurora 11, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700KF CPU @ 3.80GHz   3.79 GHz, Installed RAM 32.0 GB (31.8 GB usable), 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor,Dell Monitor AW2720HF, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER

5 hours ago, Hernan1 said:

Hi. I get CTD right after this window shows up

What does the Eventviewer shows to this ?

Stephan from Germany

My System

9 hours ago, Hernan1 said:

spacer.pngHi. I get CTD right after this window shows up. It never completes loading the update.  I can’t even get FS to open the game like most of you do. I’ve updated drivers, terminated, repaired/reset and uninstalled Xbox all to no avail. At this point I’m contemplating uninstalling/reinstalling FS. Is this a good idea?

My Computer Specs:

Alien Aurora 11, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700KF CPU @ 3.80GHz   3.79 GHz, Installed RAM 32.0 GB (31.8 GB usable), 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor,Dell Monitor AW2720HF, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER

I re-installed Win 10 and the flightsim after SU5 but I'm still getting CTD's 

i7 12700K , 32GB RAM @3600MHz, Asus Z690-Plus D4 MB, Gainward 4090 RTX Graphics, 850W Corsair PSU, Kraken AIO watercooler, Nvme 1TB ssd, 1TB ssd, 500GB ssd.

I have similar problems now, after WU6. I have had no CTDs before, never, but now most of my flights end with a CTD mid flight, very frustrating. Always flying the Baron G58 in IFR. Most flights last about 30 to 45 minutes before CTD. Screen freezes, sound goes on for a couple of seconds and then MSFS quits to desktop. No add ons, no overclocking. As I said, very frustrating, since this is definitely something new. Hopefully they are able to find the problem.

By the way: An extremely smart thing would be if the sim would auto-save all flight and setting parameters every say 60 seconds or so during flight, and give an option to resume the crashed session even mid flight after restart with position, flight plan and autopilot settings as before the crash. Should be technically possible I would assume. As of now it is almost impossible to resume a "crashed" flight other than refly it entirely.

On 9/26/2021 at 11:17 AM, RabH said:

I think they know they need to work on a fix for this, 6 days since I sent my request to Zendesk and still not a single reply! My request is still showing as open...

I have a new computer coming tomorrow as my 5 year old pc is showing its age now, I will be very surprised if the new computer makes any difference on the CTD front!

My guess is with Default  MSFS you won't have any more CTDs with a new PC. Then add stuff a little at a time..

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

4 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

My guess is with Default  MSFS you won't have any more CTDs with a new PC. Then add stuff a little at a time..

All my CDTs are with default MSFS, not newest PC though.

1 minute ago, Weatherman said:

All my CDTs are with default MSFS, not newest PC though.

I bet the new PC will solve your problem.

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Just now, Bobsk8 said:

I bet the new PC will solve your problem.

Might be the case indeed, but that is an expensive bet nowadays 😄