Sign in to follow this  
Waldo Pepper

Released: MilViz Porter for MSFS2020

On 9/23/2021 at 11:43 PM, MattNischan said:

I don't think the MSFS team misunderstands any such thing. It's one of the big reasons why we were brought on board: to make the default avionics great. 🙂

-Matt

OK. Matt, perhaps I should have instead said "misunderstood". 

I am currently flying in MSFS exclusively with models featuring the NXi your team has and continues to develop and I am much appreciative of it and your progress.  It took your team effort to gain Asobo's attention.  They were nowhere near what should have been and likely could have been early on.  You have since added great value.  That has my full recognition.

It has been over a year now and though some independent and talented others have brought improved GNS and GTN avionics forward. Those are not yet in the same class with your NXi.  They lack features and depth available for years in the Garmin Trainer based offerings that have been around for years.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Well it's been a hair over 6 months now judging by the late September release date of Stage 1.  Anyone heard any news about when we'll get the planned Stage 2 release that was part of the deal?

Stage 2 Release

The current Stage 1 release of the Porter is a complete experience, but we have greater plans to represent this iconic aircraft in more detail. To that end, we are working towards an additional Stage 2 release that will feature separate models with floats and tundra tires to expand your mission profile, as well as an earlier representation of the Porter cockpit with steam gauges and multiple radio options to suit all possible wishes. As the technology in MSFS matures and expands, we have even more plans in store!

Once Stage 2 is complete and ready for release, the price will be rising accordingly to accommodate the many extra additions and features. However, those who purchase the current Stage 1 release will benefit from ALL Stage 2 upgrades at no extra cost. Your purchase entitles you to any and all future upgrades for this product!

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

1 hour ago, Stoopy said:

Well it's been a hair over 6 months now judging by the late September release date of Stage 1.  Anyone heard any news about when we'll get the planned Stage 2 release that was part of the deal?

Don't freak out but I preordered their King Air for P3D long time ago. I have  waited for few years, then quit P3D and switched to XP11. Then when I was about to quit XP11 they released it. So.........I like MilViz aircraft but not their preorder or next stage construct LOL

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

I am actually waiting on the "other" PC6 that sounds amazing, however apparently the entire dev team are currently a bit preoccupied, they stated they were all called up for duty with the Ukrainian army and will get back to it when things return to normality in their part of the world.

On 4/1/2022 at 8:20 PM, 6297J said:

I heard Q2 for Stage 2 and it was still on course. 

Still waiting for that stage 2...

In the meantime, has anyone managed to successfully map controls to the panel lighting potentiometer on the left?

I do have SPAD, but the LVAR that's linked to it doesn't move the knob or the lights it just changes the variable. Default MSFS bindings don't work either. Anyone had luck with that?

3 hours ago, Taipan said:

Still waiting for that stage 2...

In the meantime, has anyone managed to successfully map controls to the panel lighting potentiometer on the left?

I do have SPAD, but the LVAR that's linked to it doesn't move the knob or the lights it just changes the variable. Default MSFS bindings don't work either. Anyone had luck with that?

Yeah where is that Stage 2?

Actually completely forgot about it then starting thinking about it the other day.  It really should be out by now but the only thing I can think of is perhaps they don't want compete with themselves with the free Beaver coming out next month.  If this is the case we probably won't see Stage 2 until early next year!

Milviz seem to have gone from communicating too much to not at all. They are still advertising Stage 2 on the Porter page of the website but it does feel like it's been abandoned. 

• Like 1

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

2 hours ago, longhaul747 said:

Yeah where is that Stage 2?

Actually completely forgot about it then starting thinking about it the other day.  It really should be out by now but the only thing I can think of is perhaps they don't want compete with themselves with the free Beaver coming out next month.  If this is the case we probably won't see Stage 2 until early next year!

They've come up with many excu...I mean reasons why they havnt delivered, if the Beaver was the reason for the latest holdup then its only the latest one in many.

Not that I believe much of what they say anyway

5 hours ago, St Mawgan said:

Milviz seem to have gone from communicating too much to not at all. They are still advertising Stage 2 on the Porter page of the website but it does feel like it's been abandoned. 

They don't abandon but it take a long time for them to release. I preorder long time ago their King Air for P3D, waited for several years then moved on to XP11. They released it when P3D was gone from my PC for year and half LOL

• Like 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

9 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

They don't abandon but it take a long time for them to release. I preorder long time ago their King Air for P3D, waited for several years then moved on to XP11. They released it when P3D was gone from my PC for year and half LOL

If they can release and update new aircraft they can release the Porter for which they took my money.

If your above statement is thruth (no reason to doubt that) they are probably located on some business park in Calcutta. 

I9-14900K,  Gigabyte B760 Aorus Elite AX, RTX 4080, 32 ram.1 tb nvme  M.2 SSD, MSFS 2020 on 2 tb nvme m.2 SSD

Porter phase 2...

22110502012016140518043502.jpg

Guillaume

ASUS ROG STRIX Z490 ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K OC 5.5 GHz▪︎  ZOTAC RTX 4090 Trinity OC ▪︎ 64GB Crucial Ballistix  ▪︎ Windows 11 Pro (23H2) ▪︎ 2x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive et MSFS) ▪︎ 3x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SATA SSD ▪︎  Corsair RMX 1000W 80 plus Gold PSU  ▪︎ LIAN-LI ODYSSEY X black case

Allegedly being released next week. The whole project has lost quite a bit of shine for me now so I'm not especially exited. It'll get lost amongst all the freebies coming next week anyway. 

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

12 minutes ago, St Mawgan said:

Allegedly being released next week. The whole project has lost quite a bit of shine for me now so I'm not especially exited. It'll get lost amongst all the freebies coming next week anyway. 

Is that Milviz-next-week or real-people-next-week??  Every time this thread appears I think "no,that cant be true!!"  and indeed it isnt.

• Like 1

I9-14900K,  Gigabyte B760 Aorus Elite AX, RTX 4080, 32 ram.1 tb nvme  M.2 SSD, MSFS 2020 on 2 tb nvme m.2 SSD