Sign in to follow this  
DAD

Carenado Sale // Which twin prop is recommended?

Have Seneca support for GTN-750?

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

7 minutes ago, Ixoye said:

Have Seneca support for GTN-750?

Yes

• Like 1

Anyone with the Seneca?  I'm getting a stall horn well above the end of the flap arc and an actual stall about 10 knots before the end.  I'm in a landing config with power almost off...500 fpm descent and full flaps (trimmed for simulated landing).

I realize stalls can be at any speed but generally the end of the white arc is where it is.  Anyone else seeing this?

Edited by ryanbatcund

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

OK I bought the Seneca and I love it. There are a few quirky Carenado bugs but, all in all, a very pleasant experience.

BUT, can anyone walk me through a VS climb?? Whenever I engage the AP it noses down to level or a descent, THEN goes to the VS I have selected. I've tried presetting the climb VS to the same as my climb rate then engaging but no joy. It always dives down then comes back to the selected VS and holds it fine. But man it is a whiplash ride for a minute!

What is the best practice for climbing on AP other than just hand flying until you get to altitude then engaging ALT? 

With the GTN750 I am really enjoying this one!

Eddie
KABQ

31 minutes ago, haskell said:

Whenever I engage the AP it noses down to level or a descent, THEN goes to the VS I have selected. I've tried presetting the climb VS to the same as my climb rate then engaging but no joy. It always dives down then comes back to the selected VS and holds it fine. But man it is a whiplash ride for a minute!

Carenado never got this right in P3D either..  I routinely edited their autopilots to capture the current vertical speed when engaging VS on the autopilot.  I noticed that WT have done this correctly on the G1000NXi, so there is a possibility that they may add this to the default autopilot code in MSFS.  In the meantime, I would suggest posting this as a bug to Carenado support.

(support@carenado.com)

Bert

Thanks Bert. You helped me a million times in FSX! Wish you were able to get to the files on MSFS planes and do your magic. You are right, Carenado never gets this part right. So each new plane I try to find a way to get it to just match my current rate. Oh well. Will report. 

Eddie
KABQ

So gave the Seminole a try, took it out for a 2 hour flight and really enjoy it, I already had the Seneca and while a very nice plane, personally I would choose the Seminole over it if I had to pick one, but that’s just me. 
Cheers!

• Like 2

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

OK, found the AP master switch. started for a morning flight out of LOWI and was just flying direct EDDM when MSFS CTDed. Never had this before since months. Not a good sign. Will try again with the FBW

Edit perfect flight with the FBW neo. Will try the Seneca now again for the very same flight/route

Edited by DAD

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

I have just bought the Seneca after much debate, no regrets at all, a really nice aircraft to fly, I have had no problems at all with it yet. Well pleased, I love the engine sounds.😀

Edited by Scimiter
  • Like 1

Asus Maximus Hero X11, Intel i9 10850k, 32gb Corsair Dominator ram, 2tb Corsair mp510 ssd  m2, Gigybyte turbo RTX 3090

12 hours ago, DAD said:

OK, found the AP master switch. started for a morning flight out of LOWI ...

LOWI is still closed, opens again tomorrow. 😁

Karl

i9-9900K@5,0   |  32GB 3200  |  2080TI  |  4K 55"  |  MSFS | P3D V5

7 hours ago, Scimiter said:

I have just bought the Seneca after much debate, no regrets at all, a really nice aircraft to fly, I have had no problems at all with it yet. Well pleased, I love the engine sounds.😀

Don't forget your waffle mix...😉

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

21 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

Anyone with the Seneca?  I'm getting a stall horn well above the end of the flap arc and an actual stall about 10 knots before the end.  I'm in a landing config with power almost off...500 fpm descent and full flaps (trimmed for simulated landing).

I realize stalls can be at any speed but generally the end of the white arc is where it is.  Anyone else seeing this?

Yes.  I hadn't flown her in a couple of months, until yesterday...so I can't remember if this is an issue that's always been present...but it certainly is now.  I'm stalling at around 75 knots it seems.

Edited by FakeWayne

1 hour ago, FakeWayne said:

Yes.  I hadn't flown her in a couple of months, until yesterday...so I can't remember if this is an issue that's always been present...but it certainly is now.  I'm stalling at around 75 knots it seems.

Maybe the flap arc is just wrong.  75 seems about right for that kind of plane.  The little single musketeer I fly is about 68 or so.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

10 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

Maybe the flap arc is just wrong.  75 seems about right for that kind of plane.  The little single musketeer I fly is about 68 or so.

Should be around 64 knots with full flaps,  no flaps a couple of knots more. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

The Seminole and Seneca seem somewhat similar in performance.  You would have thought other Pipers like the Navajo, Chieftain or even a turbo prop like the Cheyenne would have made more sense.