Sign in to follow this  
DAD

Carenado Sale // Which twin prop is recommended?

Really tempted by the sale.. I have the Seminole which I don’t fly much. I did enjoy their Mooney quite a bit.

Aw heck I’ll get the Seneca… I have become something of an airplane collector since MSFS came out. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Azapata87 said:

Really tempted by the sale.. I have the Seminole which I don’t fly much. I did enjoy their Mooney quite a bit.

Aw heck I’ll get the Seneca… I have become something of an airplane collector since MSFS came out. 

Haha happens to the best of us.  I also have the Seminole but it's too slow haha. I really just need a quality dev to make a turbocharged legacy like the old Realair version.

• Like 2

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

My Seneca is second choice to a Cessna 441 Conquest.

Cheers

bs

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

2 minutes ago, bean_sprout said:

Cheers

bs

Don't tease me! 

LouP

As Carenado do not deliver any documentation, what POH would you use aside the Seneca?

Karl

i9-9900K@5,0   |  32GB 3200  |  2080TI  |  4K 55"  |  MSFS | P3D V5

12 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

toggle switch on the panel

Didn’t quite study the panel yet since I only had two quick 2 mins flights so far in the seneca (until I opened the window 😉) but that toggle switch I still need to find obviously. Is it near the AP panel? With flightplan loaded and NAV ready nothing happened after I pushed the AP master key bind on my thrustmaster…

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

5 hours ago, DAD said:

Didn’t quite study the panel yet since I only had two quick 2 mins flights so far in the seneca (until I opened the window 😉) but that toggle switch I still need to find obviously. Is it near the AP panel? With flightplan loaded and NAV ready nothing happened after I pushed the AP master key bind on my thrustmaster…

On the Seminole, it is one of the white toggle switches in the set with the landing light switch top left. It's on the bottom row, 3rd switch from the left, labeled FD/ AP Master. Must be in the fully up position for AP. 

Edited by Bobsk8
  • Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

9 hours ago, bean_sprout said:

Cheers

bs

Well, we do need a C441, but we don't need the Carenado one, we need the FlySimWare one. The Carenado C441 Conquest II was literally the worst flight sim aeroplane I ever bought, it is atrociously bad, whereas the FlySimWare one was/is brilliant.

• Like 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

55 minutes ago, Chock said:

Well, we do need a C441, but we don't need the Carenado one, we need the FlySimWare one. The Carenado C441 Conquest II was literally the worst flight sim aeroplane I ever bought, it is atrociously bad, whereas the FlySimWare one was/is brilliant.

Flysimware is doing a 414 that looks really nice so far.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

2 hours ago, Chock said:

I'd absolutely love a decent C441.  Or, any decent GA twin turboprop, really.  

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

3 hours ago, Gregg_Seipp said:

I'd absolutely love a decent C441.  Or, any decent GA twin turboprop, really.  

I'd settle for the Alabeo C421..

Bert

Picked up the Seminole on a whim…I have the Seneca but that awful anti ice pad in the windscreen is annoying as all heck…not carenados fault mind you..figured the Seminole can help me on a few legs for my journey from Canada to brazil. 

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

5 minutes ago, flyinpilot212121 said:

Picked up the Seminole on a whim…I have the Seneca but that awful anti ice pad in the windscreen is annoying as all heck…not carenados fault mind you..figured the Seminole can help me on a few legs for my journey from Canada to brazil. 

One look at that wind screen convinced me not to buy it. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

19 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

One look at that wind screen convinced me not to buy it. 

I thought I could get past it, the craft is fun to fly…but my goodness that pad is horrible imo…Again, not Carenados fault at all.

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

8 hours ago, Chock said:

I had the FSX Flight-One version.  Many years of fun and did some repaints.

bs

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER