Sign in to follow this  
Samaritano

iFly 737NG P3Dv5 development screenshots

54 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

Hey JR.....Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....don't tell anyone you saw this sneak peak, especially @F737NG!!!! 😉

Lush!

As it's the weekend here, I'm about to take N969NN out for a spin...

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

1 hour ago, F737NG said:

Lush!

As it's the weekend here, I'm about to take N969NN out for a spin...

Do you know why I picked N969NN to paint?   NOT for THAT reason...LOL.

From a painter's perspective, the less unique letters in a reg, the better, in case you need to manually create it.  So....since the 9 is just an upside down 6 (or vice versa), I really only have 2 characters in that reg if I could not find the exact font to use. 😉

• Like 1

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

@Steve Dra I love your repaints. I can't wait to see some European operators painted by you, e.g. LOT, Enter Air, SAS, Norwegian, TUIfly, Aeroflot, Turkish, SunExpress, Pegasus, etc.

2 hours ago, Steve Dra said:

Hey JR.....Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....don't tell anyone you saw this sneak peak, especially @F737NG!!!! 😉

96QluR.jpg

My lips are sealed. 😉

Joel Murray @ CYVR (actually, somewhere about halfway between CYNJ and CZBB) 

10 minutes ago, Rafal said:

@Steve Dra I love your repaints. I can't wait to see some European operators painted by you, e.g. LOT, Enter Air, SAS, Norwegian, TUIfly, Aeroflot, Turkish, SunExpress, Pegasus, etc.

Hey Rafal....I know its been ages since I've painted specifically off your request list (cough cough FSL), but your list above contains at least one that I'm already committed to...will keep you in suspense on which one. 😉 
Hint:  I've painted it before on another 737. 😉  😉

• Like 1

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

1 minute ago, John_Tavendale said:

Nice work Steve!

John!   Your services are needed!  I can't paint 'em all by myself. 😉

I've purposely not painted Qantas, Virgin Aus, ANZ, etc.....waiting for you. 🙂 

In all seriousness, if you're interested, PM me and I'll fill you in on the details.  I know you're busy (aren't all painters? LOL)  

(I know ANZ doesn't fly the 8/900, but I know you're fond of that airline). 😉 

• Like 1

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

Air China is done.  Uploading to the F1 library.  As soon as the mod at the F1 library approves it, you guys can fly her.

WQIsoM.png

Sadly I'm getting sick...so may have to give it a rest for a bit.  WestJet is up next, doing the 1000th 737 livery.  With any luck I'll have her to you before the weekend ends (its not very hard and have her mocked up for alignment.

Hope John can help a fellow painter out! 😉😉 

• Like 2

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

23 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

Air China is done.  Uploading to the F1 library.  As soon as the mod at the F1 library approves it, you guys can fly her.

WQIsoM.png

Sadly I'm getting sick...so may have to give it a rest for a bit.  WestJet is up next, doing the 1000th 737 livery.  With any luck I'll have her to you before the weekend ends (its not very hard and have her mocked up for alignment.

Hope John can help a fellow painter out! 😉😉 

Hope you get to feeling better soon. 

Vic green

32 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

Sadly I'm getting sick

Have a speedy recovery, Steve!

Thanks guys.....I'm hoping it's just a cold.....still feeling ok just a runny nose and headache.

@Patco Lch  Hope to get that long Delta out soon.....I had to move it behind WestJet and probably my next Euro paint.  Looking at the LOE for it (I mocked it up to gauge all the work involved to move the textures over to the 900 maps, it has 4 fuse maps vs the 800s 3)...it seems to be higher than I anticipated.  If was only a few hour job I'd tackle it 1st and push it out.

@Rafal Since it may be a few days before I reveal my next Euro paint.....here is a little teaser.... 🙂

zgz0Bf.png

EDIT: Thanks to the super-speedy library mods at F1....Air China is already up! 😉

Get her here: http://library.flight1.net/

X5XGjN.png

Edited by Steve Dra
added content
  • Like 2

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

Hope you feel better soon, Steve. Some of my colleagues at work have been sick recently: not COVID, fortunately, but the flu.

11 minutes ago, JRMurray said:

Hope you feel better soon, Steve. Some of my colleagues at work have been sick recently: not COVID, fortunately, but the flu.

Thanks JR!

They say (I don't know who "they" are...but I hear things, LOL) that painting is good therapy for anything and everything!   Who am I to argue with "they"? 🤔

iA1iVF.png

• Like 1

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

Need some help on the WestJet colors...

The photos are all over the place in colors, contrast, hue, etc.  THe official colors that I could find seem to be this green you see on the fuse...That can't be right?  Then another color variation you see in the tail.  Then the few pics I see of the winglets add yet more variations to the colors...especially the sometimes green, sometimes blue-green, sometimes light blue. 🤬

Need help from my Canadian friends on what are the real colors as you see them in person...I've never seen Westjet with my own eyes for more than a fleeting moment at LAX or somewhere out west.

Did the colors I previewed on a previous Westjet paint look good (A few posts up)?   If so I'll go with those.

3hpx62.png

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

3 hours ago, Steve Dra said:

Need some help on the WestJet colors...

My home airport is CYVR, so I see WestJet aircraft a lot. Honestly, I'd be happy with what you've done already. To my eye, though, since you asked, the green in "Jet" is too ... ummm ... light? I think that you can get a better idea of that specific colour by taking a look at the various WestJet logos on the company's Media Resources webpage that contain the colour.

Barring that, I have some jpegs of WestJet aircraft at CYVR that may help.